Create Account

Official Montreal Announcement

Impact was always a stupid idea, new name sucks and should've been thought out waaay more. Perhaps talking to a plethora of quebecois members here would help.

I am pleased that the Impact have died though.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

I get the sense that over this season of discussion, only one commish was aware this change was going to be made...

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Mar 6 2016, 01:34 PM
I get the sense that over this season of discussion, only one commish was aware this change was going to be made...

I believe it was mentioned that to be true. Wasn't really a need to share it with us though, it's not a commish decision.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 6 2016, 12:41 PM

I believe it was mentioned that to be true. Wasn't really a need to share it with us though, it's not a commish decision.

Correct, however we could have developed ways to make this transition go over more smoothly and at the very least minimize some of the backlash.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 6 2016, 12:32 PM
Impact was always a stupid idea, new name sucks and should've been thought out waaay more. Perhaps talking to a plethora of quebecois members here would help.
It honestly doesn't seem to matter and that's perhaps what makes people so mad.

btw, my quebecois opinion:

if you want a military word, use either Régiment or Fusiliers.

okbye.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

I actually like that logo. Jerseys are awesome.

But still, Impact! :impact:

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Mar 6 2016, 02:21 PM

It honestly doesn't seem to matter and that's perhaps what makes people so mad.

btw, my quebecois opinion:

if you want a military word, use either Régiment or Fusiliers.

okbye.

Fusiliers would've been a damn good choice. It is often however used in reference towards the Highland regiments in Canada as well, might be a bit weird?

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Mar 6 2016, 02:12 PM

Correct, however we could have developed ways to make this transition go over more smoothly and at the very least minimize some of the backlash.

There was always going to be backlash, you could've had an amazing team concept with perfect names and whatever. I doubt most of this was avoidable. Yes, I don't love the name but they followed the current procedure in place.

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 6 2016, 02:39 PM
Fusiliers would've been a damn good choice. It is often however used in reference towards the Highland regiments in Canada as well, might be a bit weird?
I'm thinking of Les Fusiliers du Mont-Royal here. As far as military terms are concerned, nothing is really exclusive anyway.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Mar 6 2016, 03:42 PM

I'm thinking of Les Fusiliers du Mont-Royal here. As far as military terms are concerned, nothing is really exclusive anyway.

Still better than militia.

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 6 2016, 12:32 PM

I am pleased that the Impact have died though.

Of course you like change, you can't stick with one player for more than a couple seasons, never mind a team.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Mar 6 2016, 02:40 PM

There was always going to be backlash, you could've had an amazing team concept with perfect names and whatever. I doubt most of this was avoidable. Yes, I don't love the name but they followed the current procedure in place.

HFFO, you can't think of ways to announce this to include the history of the team instead of completely focusing on new (besides the shoulder patch)? Because I have some ideas, and I shared a bit with Baller through PM. I'm saying it's completely possibly to make it seem less shocking to alumni. No ones saying they didn't follow proper procedure anymore, but to question why no one else on the commish team was notified in the least is something worth mentioning.

If anything it's more an indictment that this is just the SMJHL. We both know if this was an old school team in the SHL and a GM tandem (and let's add fairly new to the team) wanted to rebrand a team name, logo, and jersey the HO would be involved.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Mar 5 2016, 03:30 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Americans
Detroit Falcons used to be a team as well.

Quote:Originally posted by Bursts@Mar 5 2016, 10:23 PM
I mean, I know when I think someone is acting silly. None of this is real and it's not your call. You aren't the GM, and nobody in charge seems to think they can't do it. Be upset, that's fine, but I think some people are going a little nuts.

Resorting to "I've been here longer so my opinion is way more valid" elitism sure makes you seem mature, that's for sure.
bursts dropping the truth bombs here!

i think the whole alumni thing is kinda stupid, sure they are important but what happens when they move on and get drafted to a new team when he re creates next. people put way to much thought into the alumni.

Quote:Originally posted by TheLastOlympian07@Mar 7 2016, 02:26 AM

bursts dropping the truth bombs here!

i think the whole alumni thing is kinda stupid, sure they are important but what happens when they move on and get drafted to a new team when he re creates next. people put way to much thought into the alumni.
I don't think anyone is saying that there should be a majority vote by the alumni to approve of any name change, but it is annoying to have someone make sweeping changes to a franchise in some closed-door meeting without even trying to get an idea of how those who played for Montreal and are big parts of Montreal's history think of the branding. The fact the name and logo feel uninspired doesn't help, either. Something that could have been acknowledged with a greater amount of collaboration.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]