Create Account

S57 mPT #2 - the hall of fame where is it

Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver would be my bet. Montreal in the SHLverse is one of my favourite places, going back to the Montreal Impact. Rebranding it to Militia was a shame and after that we even saw a relocation. big sad.

Vive le Impact.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I would say put it somewhere in Canada. My history knowledge doesn't go back too far but Edmonton, Calgary, and Hamilton have all been great the past 10 or so seasons. Out of those cities, I would pick Calgary.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

I have an unorthodox idea for where it should be located. The idea is that it should be everywhere. It should be a travelling Hall of Fame. Similarly to a travelling circus. Imagine a Hall of Fame exhibit that's always on the move. The schedule for it should be a separate state and city each or every other month. The eligible cities would be every city which has an SHL team.

A travelling Hall of Fame is better in every way to a stationary one.
1) It enables every fan that lives close to an SHL city to visit the Hall of Fame. Instead of forcing everyone to travel to one specific location. Which can cost fans thousands of dollars.
2) Because of #1 more people will visit and bring in more ticket money and more merchandise sold.
3) When the Hall of Fame moves to a new city/state it would be made an event which will bring more attention to the league.
4) It would create more jobs. One set of jobs for those that follow the Hall of Fame around wherever it goes. And another set of jobs local to the city it's in at the time for setup and teardown.
5) It would improve the local economy of each eligible city because of the attention and influx of tourists.
6) Having the Hall of Fame stay on each location for only a month would still make it an exciting event even though it's a recurring one. This means the Hall of Fame would visit each city once every 18 months. Making it a novelty and something to look forward to each time.

On top of all of this. The teams in the league are very well located to allow for a travelling path that won't really create any detours or wasted gas(except Tampa). See below for my suggested path.
[Image: bmkoz5a_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 07:42 PM by Lime.)

There are lots of significant places in SHL history. The original six teams are Calgary, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto, Wisconsin, and West Kendall. Obviously it shouldn't be in  West Kendall, and Wisconsin died after 4 minutes so those don't make a ton of sense. Which leaves us with Winnipeg, Calgary, Toronto, and Hamilton. Between Toronto and Hamilton, I don't think we need a Hall of Fame competing with the inferior NHL one already located in Toronto. Winnipeg has a good claim, being the very first Challenge Cup winners and a huge part of shaping the league's course in the early days. There is Calgary, who have won a record tying 8 Challenge Cups in history, and have been a dominant team since the beginning. But that opens up discussion for Edmonton, who are the co-holders of that record while appearing in two more Challenge Cup finals. Edmonton first appeared in season 2, so they might not exactly have the historical foothold Calgary gets with being an original six. In summary, I think the final decision is very close between Calgary and Winnipeg. Winnipeg has 6 Cup wins which is actually still top tier, which takes away a bit from Calgary's dominance angle. Winnipeg is also closer to the east coast. There's not a huge west coast presence in this league, just the California teams, Alberta teams, and now Seattle. I would have to give the win to Winnipeg based on these facts. I think everyone would be happy with that except maybe their rivals in Calgary and Edmonton, and it would be a morale boost to the Jets who need a little something to get back into the upper echelon of teams again.

Outside choices? Putting literally anything in Ohio would appease the weird Ohioan freaks that keep trying to move Buffalo to Cleveland or whatever the hell. Having the Hall in Las Vegas would be really fun and bring back memories of the good ol' Las Vegas Kings. Montreal is a place the has been really neglected by the SHL. Perhaps they should take the Hall and we can continue to never have an SHL franchise there.

Maybe Wisconsin is a real target? They could feel out interest in SHL hockey there and potentially move to Wisconsin in a future expansion. It's certainly time for the Monarchs... er uh something else to return to the league.

Ok just put the thing in Winnipeg where it belongs. Hopefully they don't relocate.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

I would like the SHL hall of fame to be in a random city like the MLB, I'm thinking probably a city in the Northeastern portion of the US or Canada or the Midwest.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 07:42 PM by MrStennett.)

Here's an idea: Build a HUGE building in Hamilton, put all of the relevant SHL memorabilia inside, and then burn it to the ground because heck Hamilton. (Well, some of them are nice people.) Put it in Edmonton because we're likeable and our logo is a cute fox.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

The SHl HoF should probably be located in Montreal since that is an iconic hockey town that used to hold a SMJHL franchise and is destined to be a SHL team once the next expansion comes around.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

The hall of fame should be located in the middle of the ocean on a big boat. This would simply be a massive power move to assert our dominance in the fake hockey world. I would essentially be a floating fun zone that would attract the best donors to fund our league.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

The hall of fame should be in Winnipeg where there is plenty of space to build out a real Thunderdome and Wonderdome on either side of it. Winnipeg also has an illustrious history of SHL success, so purists can also be happy about this choice.

The SMJHL hall of fame should be in Montreal, throw them a bone.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Hmmm.....well, this is going to be an interesting one. In my opinion, it shouldn't be held in a city currently hosting an SHL franchise. That or the location should be of such major significance. So, even though the SHL has had a mixed relation with Montreal, this is where ice hockey originated, and therefore would get my vote to host the SHL HoF.

Just don't remind them about the Militia.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

The Hockey Hall of Fame should be somewhere with a lot of history in the league. Therefor, my selection is Montreal. If people don't like it, I think it will be easy to move to another city anyway. Charlotte is always nice this time of year, that could work very well to be honest.

The hall of fame should be located in the city of Edmonton. The town is bananas for hockey, and would be loved by the people in the town, and probably all of Alberta

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

The Hall of Fame needs to be in the worst place possible in order to bring some life to the city. Welcome to Edmonton! Maybe this city will get a little more exciting once the HOF gets moved there.

[Image: panico.png]

The simulation hockey league hall of fame should be located in Miami Florida because that would be cool and that I think it would be a neat place to have it

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

We should put the Hall of Fame somewhere close to Thor Odinson's house, because by the time his career is over he's going to be visiting it frequently.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]