Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

Prompt 2:

On the positive side, I'm scoring some points. I usually don't look at my points because that's not how I play, but I've already got 3 goals and 5 assists in 29 games. I tend to hit around the 14 point mark, mostly assists, so this trend is a little on the high side for me. One of the goals is a shorty which definitely feels good because that's my specialty. My minutes are trending down in my old age, but my short handed time is still sky high.

The biggest yikes for me right now is hits. I'm trying to chase the hits leaderboard, but I've only got 7 hits this season. It's hard to get into the hitting game while Malik (191), Boyle (145), and Zidane (112) are running that show. My blocks are also kind of low at 80 with Odelein running that game at 108. I don't think my blocks record is currently at risk, but it might be by the end of my very long career.

Some more general notes, I'm happy about only having 2 PIMs which means my game is clean. 10 takeaways to 9 giveaways is just ok. +1 differential where the team high is 4 which means I'm either getting the easy minutes, or I'm riding with Kauppinen and Malik who have the 2nd and 3rd highest points with a similar differential. I don't put too much stock into that stat, but it is nice to see.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Prompt 2:

So far this season, I feel pretty good about Reid’s play. He started off a little slow, especially for the Dar finalist he was last season, with a lower GA:TK ratio, and not great possession numbers. But then, he had a 10 point sim, and that vaulted him into the top 5 in points, as well as 2nd in assists. He now has 40 some points in just over 30 games, easily his best pace so far in his career. Even better, his giveaway takeaway ratio got so much better, and his possession numbers started to flatten out a bit. What’s more, is that Reid still has a 98.xx PDO, which means that his true aeason could be much more than it currently is. The cherry on the top is that he is 5th among all players in fantasy points. While not really important, it is nice, as it’s fun to have picked your own player in fantasy and see him do well. With any luck reid can hit 80 points this season and get another dar nom

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 08:39 PM by CrazyMojito.)

Prompt #2

My goal coming into this season was to be a point per game player, and hopefully be the offensive leader on the team. After the first week I found myself sitting with 11 goals, and 7 assists through 15 games which is by far the best start I have ever had and surpassed my own expectations. Of course most of those points came on the Blizzard's scorching powerplay that was clicking at a pretty unsustainable rate of 43.6%. Once that hot powerplay cools off I suspect that my offensive production will too. Doing this PT last minute confirms those suspicions with me only potting 2 goals through 14 games in week number 2.

As far as the Edmonton Blizzard go, it wasn't just the powerplay that came out firing on all cylinders. Through the first 15 games of the season the Blizzard's PK sat 5th in the league killing off over 86% of the penalties we took. The hot start definitely allowed us to position ourselves to have another successful campaign where the post season is a likely end result.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Prompt 2.

Just under halfway through the season, and CHI is doing way better than I would have guessed. Despite ranking at (i think) 4th or 5th overall in the league in average skater TPE, we're currently sitting in 1st in the league and only have 2 regulation losses to date. A lot of our success is due to Nham (cheat) and Shepard putting up insane points on the 1st line, while Ren is carrying the blue line. For my own player, I'm both pleasantly surprised and also still disappointed as always. The good is that I'm on pace for a career high in points, and also might be able to break over 100 in hits and SB for the second straight season, but that should be expected as the higher or 2nd highest TPE D man in the league. But as always, there's a handful of Dmen with hundreds less TPE putting up better numbers, and I have one of the lowest CF% on the team. So at least the world is still normal in some things.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Since the first prompt seems like a lot of thinking, I will just go with the second for this week.  I am generally very happy with my players play this week and season in general.  Even though I had to regress some stats this offseason, I like the new build and my production both defensively and offensively have been very strong this year so far.  While this has not been the incredible league stomping season so far, I still believe that we have the strongest team and will eventually prevail over the rest of the very strong teams in the league.  My hope is we can rip off some wins next week to separate ourselves from the pack a bit but there is no getting around the fact that there are some other great teams this year.  I want to continue to put up goals and play a big part in those wins.  Playing top pair minutes has been very helpful to my stats this year and I look forward to continuing in that regard through the end of the season.
181 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

This week has been a pretty hectic ride. The start of the season was absolutely bonkers, notching my first SHL goal and point all in one shot, and having 6 points after 3 games had me on top of the world for a little bit. That faded fast, though, and reality has set back in - we're starting the rebuild climb, as coach explained. I'd have to pick through to see how I'm faring against other rookies, though I like to think I'd gotten a good start on that award race. Just...y'know...not since. That's just how it's gonna be, though. Coach said I'd been the first pick of a new rebuild and just now getting here, the new core will take some time to develop. I hadn't expected a ton of noise from us with me getting good time. Wish the stats index sorted rookies, though we've got what we've got. Manhattan history has a funny way of working in cycles, though, and this is just the start of a new one.

(171)

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Prompt 2 -

The season for the Chicago Syndicate has actually been a bit of a surprise. We have been doing much better than I think we anticipated and anyone thought we would do. We are not the highest TPE team, but we are playing like we are or at least we are clicking all together so far. I think we are doing this for the corpse of Gunnar Soderberg, who has been a huge part of the team for a very long time. We know its little Gunnys last season in Chicago and he is super sad about it, so we are trying to go out on top for him. This is something our team is definitely rallying around for this season. Personally Corey Kennedy is starting to show his age. He started really strong this season, but since then has really come back down to earth. He has decided to become a more defensive player, which is good for his old age, but also is kind of useless on offense. Good thing, DD and Ren are stepping it up for Chicago, with Juke actually having a decent season so far.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Overall, I'm pretty satisficed with my play overall. I'm currently leading the Nevada Battleborn with 24 points in 32 GP. Currently rocking a stat line of 6 goals and 18 assists, which in my opinion is the exact ratio I'm looking for for my player. The team itself is currently sitting in 9th overall in the SMJHL with a record of 18-12-2. That honestly is a bit surprising to me that a team thats 18-12 is all the way down in 9th, but I guess that speaks for how the two caps affect the league. Bad teams tend to be a bit bottom heavy creating a lot of parity up top. Hopefully we keep it up and slowly climb up the ranks. I'm currently rocking a 70 OGR as well, which is a huge jump up from last year. I'm hoping to finish this strong 3rd year in the SMJHL with a possibility getting called up next season.

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

prompt 2

this has been a very different season for dee centerman iv, who has already seen a dramatic trajectory in his career since juniors. with two four star cups playing at center, a shift to defense, an offensive renaissance leading to career highs of 33 points in s60 and 40 points in s61, centerman iv has changed yet again. focusing back on hard nosed defensive play, dee centerman iv has only one goal and nine points in 31 games. he is on pace for his lowest point total since switching to defense. that said, his puck driving statistics are growing with the day. centerman iv retains a solid 54% corsi for and 55% fenwick for, with nearly 2.0 relative fenwick. while he's playing a notch below kermit murphy and cassius darrow, his positive statistics show he's keeping shots in the opposing zone and working hard to drive play. with a sub-100 PDO, we can also expect that centerman iv is good for even better possession numbers as he regresses to the mean. while his point total will assuredly stay low, he may be able to reach a corsi in the high 50s by season end.

William Hartmann has had a pretty good season, and so have the Edmonton Blizzard. With a lot of rookies on the team, they've managed to keep pace in a tough Pacific Division. New addition Liam Slate has been a huge success with 19 goals to lead the team and rejuvenate the power play. The team defense has struggled at limiting shots, but Tyler Ward has been incredible at keeping the puck out of the net and winning games for the team. Pasta the Turtle looks like the defensive stalwart he was billed to be, ageless wonder Tony Pepperoni continues to impress, and Axel Foley is breaking out into an elite offensive defenseman. While Hartmann hasn't scored much with only two goals, he's excelled at creating plays with 17 assists. With 22 takeaways to only 6 giveaways, Hartmann is showing an ability to go out there and eat tough minutes every single game and shut down the opponent's top players with success, while setting up his teammates to succeed.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Facing a bunch of older players we were feeling pretty confident. At the same time it was kind of daunting facing all these legends of the game. Jonathan Granstrom was defending against his childhood icon of Ola Wagstrom and I went up against Harry S. Carpet in net. That's really something for Bas O'Bigbers because Harry S. Carpet is a Newfoundland Berserkers legend. But from the puck dropping we felt pretty confident. The highlight for Bas was when he get to dangle past Cassius Darrow and shoot it right off the iron. I wish Bas could've scored in this one but what can you do? The only goal of the whole game came from a rare Pasta the Turtle slap shot that Harry S. Carpet didn't have the reaction speed to deal with. Pasta also laid a nasty hit on Ola Wagstrom that I thought would turn ugly but Jonathan Granstrom defused the situation.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

PBE Affiliate I am Honda on the PBE

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

PROMPT 1:

Considering the amount of effort and skill required, I'm happy to have the best teammates in the world for this unique tournament. Never in my life would I think I had the skills or wherewithal to pull off such a feat.

Going into the tournament, picking our characters was the most important part. I, who typically main Fuse, swapped to Ash recently, who gives a good mix of movement and damage, and can scout death boxes. Meanwhile, my teammate Shiny is playing as Gibby, and Ace as our Bloodhound.

It's not long before we find action, the loot tables on Storm Point being what they are, but we quickly do what we can, getting into an early fight. Even though I get knocked, we win the team engagement and move on. We go two rings without much else going on but eventually we make top 10 and get into a three way brawl, which we begin to take the upper hand, but get 4th partied and sadly wiped out in 8th place

Im so happy the SHL has done an Apex Legends tournament