Create Account

S77 PT #2: Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger Due: Sunday, June 23rd @ 11:59 PM PST

[Image: 9fXUg3A.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Artturi Lappalainen was definitely surprised when it was he who was chosen to undergo this superpower-esque enhancement courtesy of the New Orleans Specters. Why him? Was he really that bad of a player that he needed something entirely of the supernatural in order to save his Simulation Hockey League career? Maybe general manager Joe just hated his incredible defensive IQ and wanted to see him turn into some sort of offensively minded, power play quarterback genius? Well, whatever it is, it didn't matter now -- Lappalainen was going to go through with it. And for a team like the New Orleans Specters, whose entire premise is the supernatural, what better way for him to undergo his superhero transformation sequence than to be possessed by the Specters of League Past? A little bit of shot blocking from Lyle Odelein III, some scoring touch from Nicholas Williams, and what else but the goaltending ability, for some reason, of Aleister Cain? All in all, the perfect Specter. He can play every position he wants now!

op 1

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Option 1

As I am a regressing player and getting old, most players in the league will have an edge on me. After trying to use performance enhancing drugs for a while (which did not get me anywhere) I have decided to apply for the player enhancement program to boost my abilities on and off the ice. First I will get a titanium skeleton so I can not break any bone again ever in my body and lay the biggest hits without diminishing returns whatsoever. Second I have asked for increase lung capacities so I can skate the full 60 minutes and overtime if needed and never have to be benched. Lastly I would get an artificial liver installed so I can keep drinking off the ice and never feel the downside of alcohol ever again in my life so I can party all day and all night long. This is how I would enhance myself.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Written Option 1:

Now as the USA federation is struggling and looking to relive their glory days, they are pumping Slip McScruff with some serum which definitely isn’t steroids. They tried to find literally anyone else, but they’ve all retired. Slip is delighted with the news that he’s been selected for the new Captain America program because he played with Steve Rogers back in the day and lately their matchups have tilted in Steve’s favor. It’s kind of a lose-win situation, but that has not deterred the USA in the past.

The results were mixed because Slip has played longer as a bottom barrel player than he had played as a peak TPE player. He can rip shots and knock players to next Tuesday, but he’s too busy chipping the puck out and skating off. He defers to everyone else on the ice even though he’s a literal superhuman. Icings have gone way up because he doesn’t know his own strength and he’s got a few delay of game’s over the far glass.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

It feels almost too easy to give James a superhero enhancement. Project X, a secret research project of the Canadian government. Bones lined with the strongest metals known to man, enhanced senses, supernatural healing, and of course sharp blades emerging from limbs... Built in hockey skates, I mean. All of these would simply enhance James's already impressive skills to create the ultimate hockey player, with max skills in all of the Physical stats. Importantly, it would also affect his mental ratings, increasing bravery thanks to his healing but his aggression would also increase. Teamwork might even take a dive as he begins to rely too much on these powers.

The best and most entertaining way to introduce the new and improved James would probably be in a match against another player who got radioactive strength, a fun fight between ultimate agility and ultimate strength. Wait a minute, I swear I've heard all of this before...

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice."

[Image: KMCIWeC.png]

Option 1:

Antoine would opt in to the player enhancement program. After undergoing significant testing and preparation he would be injected with the serum as well as liquid titanium. The end result being that Antoine would now be able to encase his entire body and anything he is touching into hardened titanium. It would also give him increased strength while in the transformed state. Beauregard would become an unstoppable wrecking ball on the ice. He could plow his way to the net with ease. Not only that, but with his ability he could literally plant himself in front of the net anchoring himself in the slot. He could then redirect pucks at will or just be a backboard for shooters to target and ricochet pucks into the net. Another plus would be never getting caught in a bad situation due to a broken stick, as it would also be pure metal and never break. The super SHL would be a much better sport.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France