Create Account

S33 - SMJHL Regular Season

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 13 2017, 08:53 AM

The rule that was quoted to us at the time of Marko signing said you couldn't have two players in the same league, nothing about same team.

If somebody could find this rule, in writing, and just post it instead of talking about it, that should solve it. Should be pretty open and shut.

I'll go along with whatever y'all decide, we were fortunate to have Smith as long as we did, and an active Nike on another team is better for the league than an inactive Nike on ours. But y'all gotta decide something concretely so I know what lines to set when I get home.

Fin

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans+Mar 13 2017, 10:05 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (ztevans @ Mar 13 2017, 10:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

If somebody could find this rule, in writing, and just post it instead of talking about it, that should solve it. Should be pretty open and shut.

I'll go along with whatever y'all decide, we were fortunate to have Smith as long as we did, and an active Nike on another team is better for the league than an inactive Nike on ours. But y'all gotta decide something concretely so I know what lines to set when I get home.

Fin[/b]
Here's the quote that was posted last season when we signed Strathairn. It is the ruling from when the jepox rule was created..
<!--QuoteBegin-KezKincaid@May 21 2016, 09:37 PM
So here's my thoughts

For this situation, Jepox can recreate and his old player can keep playing for the remainder of this season, since that's the precedent. And this is not at all similar to JPL who recreated in his rookie season, this is more similar to the Duke Nukem situation.

However, continuing to allow this does open a potential for stacking teams by creating 300 TPE guys then retiring them, which we don't want to see.

[b]So starting next season, the rule will be that any member can only have 1 player in the SMJHL at a time, so if they retire, their old player will not be eligible for the SMJHL - they can play in the SHL, like any other recreate, but not 2 players in the same league.

How's that sound?[/b][/quote]

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Mar 13 2017, 10:01 AM

Don't think they had to specify it being the same team when Montreal was attempting to have both players
I don't see how we tried to keep both... Crutch brought it up right after the signing, I asked bojo if he was wrong when he told Marko he could keep his player, bojo said he was wrong, you said we didn't need HO to make a ruling since there was a rule in place, me and Cope agreed with you, and we cut Melnyk right away.

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 13 2017, 09:08 AM

Here's the quote that was posted last season when we signed Strathairn. It is the ruling from when the jepox rule was created..

Thank you.

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Mar 13 2017, 10:20 AM

Thank you.
Sorry I didn't get that to you sooner, man

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 13 2017, 09:08 AM

The problem I'm seeing unless I'm missing it is that rule was never implemented simply discussed (hence the "how does that sound") if it's been announced as a rule and implemented by all means that's the standard. But I have searched (albeit not overly in depth) and can't find where that's the case. In which case a ruling would have to fit the way the last case was handled and a rule implemented from there. But again this is All dependent on what was put into place and written in black and white. For instance I have no idea where you got that post from, I can't find a rule about it in the rule book nor in the brief scan I did in the announcements section.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

And before someone else says it because someone will bring it up im sure, Yes I'm on the Falcons and yes Smith is as well, but truthfully I don't have any idea what the Falcons have done or where they are in the standings so my stance on this situation is not biased despite the circumstances because truthfully I don't much care whether we keep Nike or not but just want to maintain consistency

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 13 2017, 09:48 AM
And before someone else says it because someone will bring it up im sure, Yes I'm on the Falcons and yes Smith is as well, but truthfully I don't have any idea what the Falcons have done or where they are in the standings so my stance on this situation is not biased despite the circumstances because truthfully I don't much care whether we keep Nike or not but just want to maintain consistency

It's OK bb, you've been putting in that work. Can't wait to see you with the Jets

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 13 2017, 10:48 AM
I think the more alarming thing in your post is that the commissioner of the league doesn't know the standings. Consistency would be them cutting Smith since that is most recently how it was handled with Marko04

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 13 2017, 09:51 AM

I think the more alarming thing in your post is that the commissioner of the league doesn't know the standings. Consistency would be them cutting Smith since that is most recently how it was handled with Marko04
I don't follow the standings during the regular season, I'll check in during playoffs and during the offseason to see how things went for each team but overall I don't have an attachment to any team that would make me actively check every day lol. And as far as the Marko deal it appears that was the GMs decision. There was no hard ruling on it one way or another. Which is negligence on our part but I still don't see a definitive ruling that said you HAD to cut Marko just that you would. Unless what I'm reading is not the same ruling you read

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 13 2017, 10:57 AM

I don't follow the standings during the regular season, I'll check in during playoffs and during the offseason to see how things went for each team but overall I don't have an attachment to any team that would make me actively check every day lol. And as far as the Marko deal it appears that was the GMs decision. There was no hard ruling on it one way or another. Which is negligence on our part but I still don't see a definitive ruling that said you HAD to cut Marko just that you would. Unless what I'm reading is not the same ruling you read
What a joke dude

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 13 2017, 10:02 AM

What a joke dude
How so? I'm failing to see what is upsetting here?

Jepox retires recreates, his player is signed and added to the same team as his old player, there's discussion and a proposal for a rule by Commissioner which was never implemented in the rule book or as a public announcement (correct me if I'm wrong here because it completely changes the situation if either of those is done)

Marko does the same thing, the proposed (proposed, not implemented) rule is posted in the head office as a reason the signing should not be allowed, the team attempting to sign Markos former player willingly (again nowhere in the thread outside of the post by the former commissioner as a proposed rule were they instructed to do so and no ruling was ever made by the head office on that situation as you guys resolved that amongst yourselves. I'm not saying that there doesn't need to be a rule for this but unless one has been posted and I've missed it, we can't punish a team post facto for a rule that doesn't officially exist

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 13 2017, 10:02 AM

What a joke dude

Seriously? You're surprised a member of the Deplorables really care about standings and stats?

Also paying attention to standings has no bearing on how well someone can commish. I wasn't even on a team or had a player last season, doesn't mean I was less effective. Not everyone lives and fucking breathes SHL and sets alarms to be there for the daily sim to get their fix.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Also I'm not speaking definitively, this is being discussed in the head office and nothing has been decided, I'm simply saying where my thought process is

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 13 2017, 11:10 AM

How so? I'm failing to see what is upsetting here?

Jepox retires recreates, his player is signed and added to the same team as his old player, there's discussion and a proposal for a rule by Commissioner which was never implemented in the rule book or as a public announcement (correct me if I'm wrong here because it completely changes the situation if either of those is done)

Marko does the same thing, the proposed (proposed, not implemented) rule is posted in the head office as a reason the signing should not be allowed, the team attempting to sign Markos former player willingly (again nowhere in the thread outside of the post by the former commissioner as a proposed rule were they instructed to do so and no ruling was ever made by the head office on that situation as you guys resolved that amongst yourselves. I'm not saying that there doesn't need to be a rule for this but unless one has been posted and I've missed it, we can't punish a team post facto for a rule that doesn't officially exist
Classic