Create Account

Krashwagen AMA

02-01-2020, 05:39 PMmxman991 Wrote: What’s it like to leave us behind you big jerk? #pleasecomebacktohamilton
It's sad, but also time. I did toy with the idea of staying a 4th year quite a bit, and I also thought about things like saving money on the send down salary, but that's BS and I respect you enough to not say that. At the end of the day WKP had space for me, and they are giving me a bunch of ice time to show for it as well. I also feel connected to Charlie, and if he's making the jump Karl is right behind him.
I do feel that roster wise this did clear up some space to allow an influx of new active members and the role I'm taking on with management should help us out more than another season of Karl would have.

Also, come back to Hamilton? Shame on you good sir!

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

02-01-2020, 06:14 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Mr. Krashwagon,

For the veteran SHL players just seeing Karl Krashwagen for the first time, what type of player is he? What type of game does he bring to the SHL and are there players in the SHL that he has taken notice of or wants his game to resemble?

If you don't know the name Krashwagen you'll be seeing it in nightmares soon. Karl limped into the league having a difficult transition to the North American game, but he shot our of a cannon in his second season. He's done nothing but drastically improve and he is going to punish you with the body first, then on the score sheet. He hits a lot, he shoots a lot and he will be scoring a lot. Could be a solid fantasy player in a few seasons.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

How do you feel about getting a silver in the WJC?

How do you feel about the upcoming move to FHM?

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

02-02-2020, 02:24 PMStamkosFan Wrote: How do you feel about getting a silver in the WJC?

How do you feel about the upcoming move to FHM?

I'm super pumped about the Silver! Obviously it sucks not to get the Gold, but I think we ended up surprising a lot of folks because we were definitely a medal underdog this season. I'm also doubly excited because we were able to roster a bunch of the S53 draft class, they got some action before the SMJHL regular season and some prize money to help with training. I'm happy with the team we built and they preformed very well as well. Both Karl and Hans are going to be moving on from the WJC team this season, so we have some space to be filled!

FHM I'm cautiously optimistic. When I joined SHL it was branded as a build your player any way you want. I quickly found that to be a stretch as the player type I tried to make (Power Forward) while allowed, was strongly recommended against. Fairly quickly I found that there were a few very important stats and it leads to relatively the same builds across the board, or at least not too much fluctuation. FHM I believe will spark a ton of build differences which will be a lot of fun to play with. which types of players go well together, what to avoid at all costs? I believe it will give players more options over their own destiny and that's exciting. It'll also be interesting to see how teams as a whole function. Do they target specific player types to fill a whole? Does it increase trades? What about the SMJHL where its a quick turnaround, will teams start to draft specific player types to address a weakness? Lot's of questions and I think exciting answers to be had with the move in engines.