Create Account

Commissioner Statement Regarding the Recent Ragnar Situation

02-02-2021, 06:54 PMSlashACM Wrote: I think going forward in cases like these responding to the "harasser" with a formal warning to stop while also responding to the "target" with something like -we've received your report and have approached the source of the harassment with a warning bla bla bla here are some steps you can take to distance yourself from them and let us know if they continue to seek you out

Honestly a great idea, love the concept of reaching out to the person who reported the issue and not just the person who was reported. Ideally allows us to cut the roots out before they grow deeper. Thanks for the suggestion slash!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Hi there, I'm still a pretty new user, and I'm really glad to see this from you all. It's just a really great statement to put out. As far as the future goes, do you believe that HO and other relevant bodies surrounding punishments will converse more with the accused parties in order to better work out the context surrounding situations and devise more widely agreed upon punishments?

[Image: blasoon.gif]

Not that my opinion matters much anymore here, but I think the league ultimately came to the right decision. The off season is the worst part of this league for Head Office and I know the stress it can put on anyone in the position. Everything feels more magnified and more urgent.

Nour and HO you know how I feel about you guys, continue doing great work. The transparency here in the end I feel is a really good one. Honest and open approaches when mistakes are made or things are mishandled.

Cheers guys,

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

02-02-2021, 07:10 PMBlasoon Wrote: Hi there, I'm still a pretty new user, and I'm really glad to see this from you all. It's just a really great statement to put out. As far as the future goes, do you believe that HO and other relevant bodies surrounding punishments will converse more with the accused parties in order to better work out the context surrounding situations and devise more widely agreed upon punishments?

Absolutely, we want to make sure we have both sides of a story even in clear cut cases, so that'll probably look like preliminary discussions with the accused parties while they've been warned so we know a bit more about the initial report, and a longer time window when notifying them before punishments go live, so they can interject with anything they need to say or clarify before its too late.

02-02-2021, 07:10 PMBlasoon Wrote: Hi there, I'm still a pretty new user, and I'm really glad to see this from you all. It's just a really great statement to put out. As far as the future goes, do you believe that HO and other relevant bodies surrounding punishments will converse more with the accused parties in order to better work out the context surrounding situations and devise more widely agreed upon punishments?

This has always been hotly contested. Having done it the current way in the past i think there should be more conversations going back and forth in punishments. There is a large difference in the strength of appeals to punishments some of which has to do with age and education background which i think is unfair to younger users, and conversations can limit the gap that might exist not only due to background but also other aspects.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 07:19 PM by SDCore.)

02-02-2021, 07:16 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:

This has always been hotly contested. Having done it the current way in the past i think there should be more conversations going back and forth in punishments. There is a large difference in the strength of appeals to punishments some of which has to do with age and education background which i think is unfair to younger users, and conversations can limit the gap that might exist not only due to background but also other aspects.

I will say from my perspective, sometime HO feels a lot of pressure to get punishments out quickly, knowing our appeals team is really strong. Was that the case here, I don't know I'm not there any more, but it can be seen as let's work off what we have then dial back a punishment if needed. Which might not always be the best approach.

Punishments for what it's worth were my least fav part of Head Office, so I know that it's never an easy decision being made. Well 99% of the time it's not.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Seeing everything that happened yesterday was really discouraging as a new user, but this statement is really honest and positive. Appreciate it and it's done a lot to restore my faith personally.

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

02-02-2021, 07:19 PMSDCore Wrote:
02-02-2021, 07:16 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: This has always been hotly contested. Having done it the current way in the past i think there should be more conversations going back and forth in punishments. There is a large difference in the strength of appeals to punishments some of which has to do with age and education background which i think is unfair to younger users, and conversations can limit the gap that might exist not only due to background but also other aspects.

I will say from my perspective, sometime HO feels a lot of pressure to get punishments out quickly, knowing our appeals team is really strong. Was that the case here, I don't know I'm not there any more, but it can be seen as let's work off what we have then dial back a punishment if needed. Which might not always be the best approach.

Punishments for what it's worth were my least fav part of Head Office, so I know that it's never an easy decision being made. Well 99% of the time it's not.

Totally agree, so let's open a dialogue. I get the rationale of "they will yeet the evidence" but for things like this or other infractions thay might be minor or really can't have evidence deleted let's just have HO try and talk so we don't get 22 page punishment threads as more people will be on the same page.

#firetez

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

02-02-2021, 07:33 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Totally agree, so let's open a dialogue. I get the rationale of "they will yeet the evidence" but for things like this or other infractions thay might be minor or really can't have evidence deleted let's just have HO try and talk so we don't get 22 page punishment threads as more people will be on the same page.

I was not prepared to read the phrase "yeet the evidence" today and I can't stop giggling.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-02-2021, 08:02 PMztevans Wrote:
02-02-2021, 07:33 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Totally agree, so let's open a dialogue. I get the rationale of "they will yeet the evidence" but for things like this or other infractions thay might be minor or really can't have evidence deleted let's just have HO try and talk so we don't get 22 page punishment threads as more people will be on the same page.

I was not prepared to read the phrase "yeet the evidence" today and I can't stop giggling.

we all needed a chuckle today

02-02-2021, 07:13 PMnour Wrote:

Absolutely, we want to make sure we have both sides of a story even in clear cut cases, so that'll probably look like preliminary discussions with the accused parties while they've been warned so we know a bit more about the initial report, and a longer time window when notifying them before punishments go live, so they can interject with anything they need to say or clarify before its too late.

Are these processes outlined anywhere? Might be a good idea to setup templates and guidelines to be passed on to future HO's as well. SHL as a whole has had to re-learn the same stuff over and over, my best guess is that things just aren't being documented.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

02-02-2021, 08:30 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
02-02-2021, 07:13 PMnour Wrote: Absolutely, we want to make sure we have both sides of a story even in clear cut cases, so that'll probably look like preliminary discussions with the accused parties while they've been warned so we know a bit more about the initial report, and a longer time window when notifying them before punishments go live, so they can interject with anything they need to say or clarify before its too late.

Are these processes outlined anywhere? Might be a good idea to setup templates and guidelines to be passed on to future HO's as well. SHL as a whole has had to re-learn the same stuff over and over, my best guess is that things just aren't being documented.
any new processes we add we want to add to the rulebook, so anything regarding the warning system, or any of the new ideas we got pitched, will be put down in writing once we formalize them! I agree we've had issues where when HO has a lot of turnover it feels like they need to relearn everything, so we'll do what we can to combat that for sure

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 09:01 PM by Fantobens.)

I’m going to appeal this post

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

<3

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e