Create Account

S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png

Turning injuries on would be extremely beneficial on bringing back the long and forgotten Enforcer and Goon roles to the engine. What is more pleasant than injuring the opponent right in the middle of their playoff run, forcing them to fill their roster with inactive backup players? It is a win-win situation, because it means also that building your team from now on would include filling your roster with proper IAs

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

i can see the appeal of turning on injuries for realism but in a league that is full sim and meant for fun i can see how it would ruin some peoples fun if they got unlucky and their player was injured half a season.

09-25-2023, 10:20 AMCaleb Wrote: Turning on injuries would be an awful idea, this is because people want to see their player play, and if their player got injured, they might get really upset

I personally would not care in a simulation league if people got upset, its a virtual league. I love the idea of player injuries and would add a complex layer to sim-leagues that has been unexplored. Would need to focus points into makeing sure your player doesn't get winded (leads to injury) and stays healthy!

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Turn them on! It offers a unique experience to everyone. I get some people will get upset over their player getting injured, but it is more realistic.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Turning on injuries would be a fun little wrinkle to this league for managers. It'd suck for the user that got the injury, but a support system could alleviate any personnel problem decisions.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

From a strictly meta standpoint, let's say LW Jack McAss broke his leg and would be out for a full season. In real time, that's 6 weeks. If there's no real emotional attachment to the game beyond the Ash Ketchum "to be the very best" syndrome, there would be a heightened probability that they will go inactive. We don't need an increased chance of losing active users.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Well, isn't it obvious? Nobody would like having their players go down with injuries for long stretches of time if it happened. Maybe you could set up a system where a player has like a back-up player for such circumstances but I think that'd be too much trouble for what its worth.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

turning on injuries would be a really good idea because then goon players would be viable and would not just cost their team penalties like imagine injuring your opponents' star players in the first game of a playoff round that would be kinda nuts no? you could even call the goon players gooners @Jepox @efiug @Duff101 @micool132

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

The player experience feels boring, it's too static. Also, I think the GMs should have to do daily roster management, even mid-sim. Injuries would be good for everyone, adversity builds character.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Everything is so automated in this league. Injuries are a part of the hockey experience and should be turned on. With that being said, they should be capped at 10 games in a season and deactivated for playoffs.

I think injuries are too much for players, they came here to see their player play but an injury would stop the purpose of the SHL

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

I think it would be a terrible idea, you’d then have trolls making players specifically designed to become Sean Avery or Matt Cooke. It would be terrible for the league.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Turning on injuries would require a re-work of the cap and contract system to allow for teams to roster additional players to cover for potential injuries without having to incur fines.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

It's one of those interesting questions where I think it would be something that could be a net-positive for the league, but the negative effects would be so strong for some individuals, that ultimately it wouldn't be worth it. Could make seasons a lot more interesting though!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Turning on injuries would be a great idea! I know there are those who believe otherwise but it would add a new level to the SHL. It would mean teams would need to carry a few inactive players on their roster for emergencies purposes. It would challenge GMs to fall within the allotted cap space. It would change how people build their players, some to go hurt others, some to build up against getting hurt. It would be a great addition.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride