Create Account

S75 mPT#4: It's the Circle of Life Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

With my first player I had gone inactive pretty quickly due to a mix of real life, and difficulty finding my footing in the league to start off. I didn't really have the motivation to do PT's or write articles for money, hated doing site jobs. After taking a bit of a hiatus, and getting my personal life in order I felt I had the time to give a cool hobby, and so I recreated to give the SHL a real shot, and now I'm never leaving with how entrenched into the site I am.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I'm still on my first player, the mediocre and vastly overrated Teemu Salami. I plan to have Salami last as long as he's able to virtually skate on the ice. I'm not sure how many seasons that will be, but if Salami has anything left in the tank he'll give it.

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

Trying to make that decision now...would like my player to be involved in the Seattle resurgence, but I am not sure when the best time to retire my current player in order to make that happen. We will see how it works out!

44 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I am still on my first player, I will hang them up when my player is no longer useful to my team. Luckily, I am in charge of the team so I have the freedom and peace of mind knowing I will retire when I need to.

47 words

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Fighting regression wasn't fun after a while. When you go from a #1 D man on a team to suddenly struggling to fight for the #4 spot and not getting ideal powerplay time - the enjoyment starts to wane quickly as you are just trying to chase career totals vs seeing improvement in your player

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

I retired Brady because it was finally his time. He had a super long career that ended up getting him into the hall of fame somehow. I was pretty much done after leaving due to intolerable bigotry. Felt like the entire career had been stained and I just wanted a fresh start. Glad things are better in Edmonton now.

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I've only retired one and it was because I don't like doing regression. It was painful to age and it seemed like the NEW window was closing anyways..

narrator: "It wasn't"

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

I really wanted to win a cup with my first player (Harry Carpet) but the longer the career went on the more unlikely it became. Instead I just went after breaking some goalie records like most shutouts, most games played and most wins and I broke all of them. Since a cup didn't happen I simply had to try again with a new player.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I'm on my first player and I haven't really given a ton of thought to when to retire my player. I suppose I'd lean towards the earlier side because playing in the J is fun.

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Troy Mcclure Jr, the darling of the Mammoths, was retired early because I forgot to water him, according to my retirement post!

I forgot about him and then didn't like the build, so I dropped him got Troy McClure 3, the number 4 player on the shl top 75

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Currently my player is still living the nice early SHL-seasons life. Currently not even thinking about retiring my player, so also no clue what will make me decide it is time to retire him Smile

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Code:
Your task: Tell me about the first time you retired a player. What made you decide it was time to recreate?

For my first player my career went from S46 - S61 (corpse season in S61), I was only a mid earner back then because I never bought coaching and was in regression and going into a rebuilding Montreal  Patriotes team in the expansion draft. It was only a matter of time before I was gonna retire that player. 

(57 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: kILVP74.png] [Image: vokU6Ra.png] [Image: eP8F2Ne.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Ju-gong is my first player on this adventure. There are a number of things that could have the Korean go back to playing baduk in Busan, but winning a trophy is certainly on the checklist before any such plans.

The first time I retired my player I finished as the all time points leader for defensemen. I fought off regression for a long time but was starting university and decided to call it a career.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I retired my original player Patrick Shepherd after he got to the point that he was actively holding the Philadelphia Forge playoff window back and they were ready to replace him. He was an original Forge member and wanted to do what was best for the organization when the time came. As far as recreating, I took nearly a year off before getting the itch to play again. More free time and interest in the league changes were big driving forces to come back.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)