Create Account

Official March Madness Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Mar 18 2013, 06:12 AM
anyone else here a Duke fan?
I enjoy the Dukies. Not my favorite team, but I am one to cheer for them.

In the tournament though, I'm struggling to decide on my winner. Remember everybody, you should go game-by-game deciding this, if you choose your winner beforehand you'll pick games that will give a favorable opponent to them. I have Indiana losing in the Sweet 16, but I really like their team and would have initially picked them to win it all. I have Gonzaga also losing the Sweet 16, which would be surprising to me if I hadn't gone game by game through this.

Ultimately the hardest part is who's in the Elite Eight and the Final Four and the Championship? Those three rounds are where it gets much more difficult. I wish everybody luck with their brackets, we'll see how it goes.

P.S. I've picked VCU to win it all, because the only game where I see them possibly facing trouble is against another great defensive and shooting team in Florida in the Elite Eight. If they pull it out (it'll be a nailbiter), I don't see any other team who is so strong with the ball and defense that they can handle this year's VCU team who will move on into a game against this team.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Mar 18 2013, 06:54 AM

I'm usually a Cuse fan, but I've been turned off this year. Boeheim's too much for me and Triche is a shithead.

I don't watch college basketball at all until March Madness, but judging by the comments on my Newsfeed all season Syracuse is having a rough go of it this year.

Duke basketball fans are the absolute worst.
equivalent to ND football fans.

Quote:Originally posted by MVerminski@Mar 18 2013, 05:18 PM

I don't watch college basketball at all until March Madness, but judging by the comments on my Newsfeed all season Syracuse is having a rough go of it this year.

Not really. That's just the fans being over-dramatic little bitches.

Matt May ‏@TCPMattMay 36s
Archie Goodwin, on NBA: 'I don't think it's a question. I don't think I'm ready. I don't think any of us should leave.'

#respect

I hate Kentucky and love that they lost to Robert Morris in the NIT tonight, but regardless, smart kid right here.

Bucknell could be the first upset.
Clarke is taking some horrible shots

Butler has heart

Fuck my bracket already and fuck bucknell

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

WOooooooooooooo.

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Mar 18 2013, 06:12 AM
anyone else here a Duke fan?
Meeeeee

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

i have Pitt beating Gonzaga too.
damn

Pitt better make a comeback man, I have them beating Gonzaga. That's the only one I'm wrong on so far though, so things are looking good. My bracket should be alright.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Mar 21 2013, 02:42 PM
Pitt better make a comeback man, I have them beating Gonzaga. That's the only one I'm wrong on so far though, so things are looking good. My bracket should be alright.
same.
i could see Davidson beating Marquette (i picked Marquette), but i have them losing to Butler anyways, so that wouldnt really hurt my bracket

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy@Mar 21 2013, 02:46 PM

same.
i could see Davidson beating Marquette (i picked Marquette), but i have them losing to Butler anyways, so that wouldnt really hurt my bracket
I have Marquette winning that also, but Butler winning the next game so since it won't be more than a one game mistake it's not a big deal. Usually by now my bracket is ruined.

My upsets
(12)Mississippi over (5)Wisconsin
(13)La Salle over (4)Kansas ST
(12)California over (5)UNLV
(12)Oregon over (5)Oklahoma ST

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons