Create Account

XB1 or PS4?

Xbox One. The Sony people are so convinced that the PS4 is going to win in the end but I just don't think that's going to be the case this generation. The PS4 is just a beefier PS3, which the Xbox One adds some excellent innovations like the voice commands and Kinect. The Kinect 2.0 is a huge improvement over Kinect 1.0, and the Kinect 1.0 is still better than the PS Move on PS4. You might not be excited about Kinect, but trust me...once you get used to it...it's a really strong addition to the system that can only get better. Plus. Microsoft releases an update to the system every month that incorporates feedback from the users.

The only reason I would get a PS4 is for MLB: The Show, but Xbox One has Titantall (AMAZING), Forza Horizon 2 (Which is going to be AMAZING), and of course, Halo.

Truth be told, you will be happy with whichever system you buy, though. The differences between the systems are minor at best. Even the differences between the PS3 and 360, which Sony people claim are soooo vast are nothing.

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Quote:Originally posted by Narconis@Jul 26 2014, 11:00 PM
Xbox One.  The Sony people are so convinced that the PS4 is going to win in the end but I just don't think that's going to be the case this generation.  The PS4 is just a beefier PS3, which the Xbox One adds some excellent innovations like the voice commands and Kinect.  The Kinect 2.0 is a huge improvement over Kinect 1.0, and the Kinect 1.0 is still better than the PS Move on PS4. You might not be excited about Kinect, but trust me...once you get used to it...it's a really strong addition to the system that can only get better. Plus. Microsoft releases an update to the system every month that incorporates feedback from the users.

The only reason I would get a PS4 is for MLB: The Show, but Xbox One has Titantall (AMAZING), Forza Horizon 2 (Which is going to be AMAZING), and of course, Halo.

Truth be told, you will be happy with whichever system you buy, though.  The differences between the systems are minor at best.  Even the differences between the PS3 and 360, which Sony people claim are soooo vast are nothing.

The biggest thing I will miss from the Xbox is the Kinect (I still have my Xbox 360 so I can still use it), but I never used it beyond party games with friends. I still don't see it making a HUGE impact on any standard AAA game to be honest. The only thing that may come out to impact traditional gaming would be a VR type headset/headwear.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by Narconis@Jul 26 2014, 11:00 PM
Xbox One.  The Sony people are so convinced that the PS4 is going to win in the end but I just don't think that's going to be the case this generation.  The PS4 is just a beefier PS3, which the Xbox One adds some excellent innovations like the voice commands and Kinect.  The Kinect 2.0 is a huge improvement over Kinect 1.0, and the Kinect 1.0 is still better than the PS Move on PS4. You might not be excited about Kinect, but trust me...once you get used to it...it's a really strong addition to the system that can only get better. Plus. Microsoft releases an update to the system every month that incorporates feedback from the users.

Truth be told, you will be happy with whichever system you buy, though.  The differences between the systems are minor at best.  Even the differences between the PS3 and 360, which Sony people claim are soooo vast are nothing.
You definitely seem to have your bias laid out. Kinect is going to be nothing on this generation, people don't want it. Hence why Microsoft has stopped forcing it to be bundled with the system and stopped the processor from devoting 1gb of ram to the kinect. I have my Kinect hooked up, but I have not used it in a couple months, it's a gimmick that the developers won't use. You're right that it's better than Playstation Move, but just because one pile of crap is shinier than another pile of crap doesn't make it not a pile of crap. Not to mention having to say "Stop Listening" everytime someone says Xbox is annoying. If you don't believe me that people don't want the Kinect, then explain how sales doubled this month for Xbox as soon as they started selling the One without the Kinect.

Titanfall was fun, but very repetitive, not enough guns, not enough customization and no reason to try and reach goals because there was no feel of accomplishment when you did move on. Saying Forza Horizon 2 is going to be Amazing is a bit premature. It looks good, but the first Horizon was nothing more than an arcade game that really stepped away from what made Forza successful. If they can fix it, it MIGHT be amazing, but saying it will with full certainty is pretty bold.

And the biggest thing, saying that the differences between PS3 and Xbox 360 were nothing is outlandish. Maybe on the multiplats like Call of Duty or Battlefield. But there's a very good reason for that, Xbox came out first, devs got used to using that. Therefore games were ported from an XBox to a PS3. The 360 wouldn't have been able to handle Uncharted 3, or the Last of Us. There wasn't enough ram and the lack of a blu-ray drive would make it an awful gaming experience. Last generation the 360 was holding the PS3 back because it's hardware was inferior.

Saying the PS4 is just a beefier PS3 is correct. But it's also beefier than the Xbox One. The internal specs, the PS4 is superior. Towards the end of this console life, when devs get used to the PS4 and One and can fully utilize their powers you'll be able to see that, just like you did with the Xbox 360 and PS3

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 26 2014, 10:55 PM

Even if you didn't skip it it's well worth the $50 imo. TLOU Multiplayer is absolutely amazing and the story was one of, if not the best of the last generation.

What is TLOU all about?

Quote:Originally posted by Narconis@Jul 26 2014, 08:00 PM

Lol this just oozes Xbox bias.

Just a beefier ps3.

omg so lol.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Showtime@Jul 26 2014, 11:19 PM

What is TLOU all about?
Without giving anything from the story away (Because it's legitimately a once in a generation amazing story) it's a story about a man, and a girl facing the apocalypse together, and facing all of the problems that come with it. It's pretty much a survival action game with an amazing story line and character development. If you want more info on the story of the game I can give it, but I feel I would be robbing you on the enjoyment of a work of art, if there is any chance at all of you ever playing it Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 26 2014, 11:24 PM

Lol this just oozes Xbox bias.

Just a beefier ps3.

omg so lol.
Would be more accurate to call it a beefier Xbox One :lol:

It's obviously a beefier PS3, it's a gaming console, I'm not sure how they could possibly change a console to make it anything but a beefier version of the last gen. Unless you're Nintendo and pull a Wii. Which nobody wants to see again :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 26 2014, 08:27 PM

Would be more accurate to call it a beefier Xbox One :lol:

It's obviously a beefier PS3, it's a gaming console, I'm not sure how they could possibly change a console to make it anything but a beefier version of the last gen. Unless you're Nintendo and pull a Wii. Which nobody wants to see again :lol:

He was obviously trying to slight the ps4. You didn't see him call the xbone a beefier 360 because he feels XBone is superior.

It's just hilarious to me that people pick sides for a video game system and then fight for that system. I have only really used Sony and Nintendo product, but that is because I never liked Xbox controllers. Doesn't mean sony is better or anything.

Still though, beefier ps3 gets me laughing.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

IMO without any long paragraphs:

Looks: PS4 wins, thing looks so good.

Processor: XBOne Wins
XBOne has a 1.75 ghz 8 Core Processor (The original was to be 1.6 but they changed it to 1.75 last minute

PS4 has the 1.6 ghz 8 core Processor.

Graphics: PS4 Wins
XBOne has a 1.31 teraflop GPU which is AMD Radeon based

PS4 has a 1.84 teraflop GPU which is AMD Radeon Based

Ram: PS4 Wins
XBOne has 8gb of DDR3 ram.

PS4 has 8gb of GDDR5 ram.

Price: Both Wins
XBOne without Kinect starts at 399

PS4 starts at 399, (Not sure if the price went to 459 everywhere)

For the extra 100 dollars I recommend getting the Kinect version of the XBOne if you are into party and casual games.

Controller: All Depends on Personal Preference

In my opinion i feel that the XBOne controller feels very comfortable and a bit more comfy than the PS4 but I know people who would argue against that so like started above it depends on personal preference.

Games:
I feel that atm that XBOne has better games at the moment but its only a matter of time before PS4 comes out with way better games, PS4 process is quality over quantity and I feel that Microsoft is Quantity over Quality.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Reading this thread I am still not sure. Currently 90% of my hundreds of hours on the xbox 360 have all been towards NHL 12, 13, and 14. This september I will be buying a next gen to play NHL 15 because NHL 15 on the next gens will be ten times better than on the 360. 90% of my hours on the next gen console that I buy will be towards NHL 15. The other 10% will be for some FPS and racing games but I usually do those on my PC. The major thing that Xbox1 has over the PS4 is the kinect. However, I didn't have the kinect for my 360 and I am not sure if I want or need it. My friends are about a 60/40 split in favor of the PS4 which makes me want to get the PS4 but I prefer the 360 over the ps3 every single day. So, convince me.

Also, owners of the PS4, has online play been improved? PS3 online was free but I have played it often and it is pretty shite. I preferred paying 60 dollars a year for xbox live.

Quote:Originally posted by grimmsterj@Jul 27 2014, 01:13 AM
Reading this thread I am still not sure. Currently 90% of my hundreds of hours on the xbox 360 have all been towards NHL 12, 13, and 14. This september I will be buying a next gen to play NHL 15 because NHL 15 on the next gens will be ten times better than on the 360. 90% of my hours on the next gen console that I buy will be towards NHL 15. The other 10% will be for some FPS and racing games but I usually do those on my PC. The major thing that Xbox1 has over the PS4 is the kinect. However, I didn't have the kinect for my 360 and I am not sure if I want or need it. My friends are about a 60/40 split in favor of the PS4 which makes me want to get the PS4 but I prefer the 360 over the ps3 every single day. So, convince me.

Also, owners of the PS4, has online play been improved? PS3 online was free but I have played it often and it is pretty shite. I preferred paying 60 dollars a year for xbox live.
I believe both are going to charge for Online play.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by grimmsterj@Jul 26 2014, 11:43 PM

Online is fine on ps4. I've had more issues with live this Gen than with ps thus far.

Quote:Originally posted by ByrdeMan@Jul 26 2014, 11:44 PM

I believe both are going to charge for Online play.
Yeah. Both require premium accounts for online play

ps4 is bae <3

I have an Xbox One and I love it, Titanfall is beastly

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]