Create Account

S26 Prospects Tourney PT

1. Interview

Quote:
what will be the biggest difference between Scotty Reay and Daniel Merica?
- Merica turned out to be more all-around, Reay will be purely offensive.

As a recreate would you say you have an advantage?
- To a degree, yes. I know how to build players.

Whats the best advice you can offer a new member of the league?
- Latch onto an experienced member and dont be afraid to ask questions or for help.

2. Trivia - Outlaw Question
Chico Salmon

3. Predictions

1.Outlaw
2.Lions
3.Stingrays
4.Blazers

1) Selena Bauer interview:
Which goalie from an opposing team are you most looking forward to matching up against?
1. It's Sylvia. I'm not sure why, as I haven't studied his game a whole lot, but I see him as my main competition in goal going into the draft. It's mostly just a gut feeling. It will be good to get out there against him and see how we stack up.

By the end of the tournament, who will be seen as the Blazer's MVP?
2. Me! Haha. Honestly, I think it goes to a player like Kowalski. He's a very smart player who really understand how things work out on the ice, and that will give him an edge over the rest of us. Sure we understand it too, but he thinks it at such a high level.

Do you believe that a tournament victory would significantly increase your draft stock?
3. It's a great question. I surely think it can't hurt, but because of the limited number of teams needing a starting goalie it probably won't change as much as one might think. Goalies also usually aren't first round bait, but it's happened before. I still think no matter how this turns out, I'll go late first or in the second.

2) Jamal Tiggs

3) Predictions

1. Blazers
2. Outlaws
3. Stingrays
4. Lions

Interview: w/Mathias94

What style of goaltender are you?

I'm actually very calm in net. I love the pressure of every match. I'm a big guy that cover a lot of angle, and i'm quick too despite my height and weight.

Did you have a player you looked up to as a kid?

Yeah, Patrick Roy was a big model for me and might be the reason why I choose to become a goaltender.

Pregame meal that works the best for you?

A decent portion of pasta 3 hours before the game.

Trivia: Colin Schmidt

Predict Standings:

1.Lions
2.Outlaws
3.Blazers
4.Stingrays

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

1:
Quote:
Quote:[b]How do you think the Blazers will gel in the Prospect Showcase?
I do believe the Blazers are going to come out on top. I love the team we have here and I do think it is a talented enough group to win the tournament. There is good talent all around and it won't be an easy path by any means, but we have what it takes and I am confident that we will get it done.

Quote:Who do you predict will be your team's MVP?
Selena Bauer. In the end, I think goaltending is going to be the key factor for whichever team comes out on top. Since I think the Blazers will win the tournament, I think Bauer will be the backbone that gets us there and wins it for us.

Quote:How important is winning this vs just finally getting a chance to play?
Winning is important, no matter how big or small the tournament. However, for the rookies playing in this tournament getting the chance to play is just as important. We are getting our first look at the rest of the SMJHL competition and this tournament will show just how well the prospects match up.

Quote:Who is your favorite interviewer?  :ph34r:
The MVP herself, Selena Bauer. :ph34r:
[/b]

2: Jamal Tiggs led the league with 2 wins.

3:

Blazers
Outlaws
Lions
Stingrays

INTERVIEW: Jaxson Reynolds

1- Which team will be the hardest to beat in that tourney?

I think the Lions. Obviously a bias chose but having a good goaltender and quality scorers will take a team far with the inexperience of teams.

2- How many hours a week do you spend training?

Usually close to 15 hours is dedicated to hardcore training. The other portion I usually am focused on eating healthy and allowing my body time to heal and muscles to grow.

3- How would you describe your play style?

Pure sniping. I look to put the biscuit in the bread basket every chance I can. I shoot, shoot and shoot some more. I don't want to sound selfish, but the more goals that go in the better chance my team wins.

TRIVIA: Colin Schmidt

STANDING:
1- Lions
2-Blazers
3-Outlaws
4-Stingrays

Interview with Alexander Charlyb'y - Lions

1) What are you most excited for about this prospect tournament?

The opportunity to wreck everyone in the faceoff dot. Very excited to play for Allen. He is a quality guy.

2) What teammate are you looking forward to playing with the most?

I am most looking forward to playing with William Fedorov as he is the leading TPE prospect and gives us an edge

3) Who do you think can show up as a leader of the team?

Most the names are new to me so it is hard to say who will emerge. Playoffs will show people's merit.

2. Colin Schmidt

Standings

1st- Lions
2nd- Outlaws
3rd- Stingrays
4th-Blazers

Jukkä Laaksonen - Outlaws

Interview w/ Chris Crutchfield

1- How many hours a week do you spend training ?
It's hard to put an hour number on it, probably 20 hours a week physically and often I am watching tape to get a feel of what I'm going to be headed into playing in the SMJHL.

2- Have you talked to some GMs about the upcoming draft ?
A few have reached out to me so far, I'm assuming that more will reach out before draft day.

3- Is there a certain team you hope to get drafted by?
To be honest, not really. Every team has it's ups and downs and I'll be happy to play for any team that will have me.

Trivia Question : Chico Salmon

Predictions

1- Outlaws
2- Stingrays
3- Lions
4- Blazers

Cody Black Interview
Quote: Interview  What is your favorite part of the prospect showcase?
My favourite part of the showcase is meeting all the new players and seeing who is working to separate themselves from the pack.

Interview  What do you expect to see from Scotty Reay?
Goals, goals, goals and then when he's done that I expect to see more goals. That kid has a natural talent for putting the puck in the net and I expect to put it on display.

Interview  Are you worried that Zach Zyvleski may mess with team chemistry?
So far Zyvleski has been quiet since joining the team but if he rocks the boat too much then you can expect to see some form of discipline handed out.

Interview  Who's the next Cody Black?
There will never be another Cody Black.  Tongue
Seriously though Chris Crutchfield is really impressing me so far, he's the same two-way style of defenseman and he's getting noticed.

Trivia:
Chico Salmon

Predictions:
Outlaws
Lions
Stingrays
Blazers

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Trivia:
Outlaws Question: Chico Salmon

Predictions:
Outlaws
Lions
Stingrays
Blazers

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

double post

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Chris Crutchfield - Outlaws

Trivia Question: Chico Salmon

Interview With Jukkä Laaksonen:
1) What are your thoughts going into the prospect tournament?
It is gonna be a real funny experience and I hope so show the GM's my talents.

2) Where do you think you will be drafted in the SMJHL Entry Draft?
I have no idea about the team, but I got a good feeling i'll get drafted in the 3rd round.

3) Are there any prospects in the tournament that you are looking most forward to playing against?
Sim Browski. He's a good friend. We played together when I lived in Slovakia in my childhood. I know he's a great player and i'm looking foward to see which of my speed or his power will get the upper hand.

Predictions:
1. Outlaws
2. Blazers
3. Lions
4. Stingrays

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Bernie Sanders

1. Interviewed Riley McDonald

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif How do you thing the Stingrays are going to do in this showcase?

I think we have a decent team. It's too early to tell if we will win it all or not as all the rookies, including myself, are still learning how to play together.

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif You said you don't want to be a Whaler. What team would you like to be drafted to?

Montreal seems nice, St. Louis could be a destination that I'd might like too. Falcons use to be high on my list, but then Schmidt stepped down from GM

http://i5.ifrm.com/14976/177/emo/reporter.gif Where do you see McDonald in 5 seasons?

I see him proving to the league that he was the best player out of his entire class. And hopefully a cup win, but those are hard to pull off.

2. St. Louis Scarecrows

3. :stingrays:
outlaws
lions
blazers

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Interview with Jaxson Reynolds

1:What's the main thing you hope to take away from the tournament?

Main thing would be to show some flashes of what I can do. As with any showcase you want to go out there and perform at a high level but look like you are having fun doing so as well.

2:How do you rate your team's chances of winning?

I'd say we are up there. We have a strong lineup but it will all come down to how quickly we can gel together. We have confidence in our goaltender ten fold.

3:Is there anyone in the team you're particularly looking forward to playing alongside?

I've talked to a few people. I can't say anyone in particular as they all seem to be very enthusiastic and you can tell the love of the game is there.

Trivia: Colin Schmidt

Predictions:
Lions
Outlaws
Blazers
Stingrays

C, Dane Rowe, PT for prospect tourney

1st: Blake Strawberry, Blazers
Interviewer - Dane Rowe

1st question: Interview How do you feel being drafted on the Blazers roster for the upcoming prospect game? How many points do you think you'll put up and what will be your biggest stat of the game?

I am delighted to have been drafted to the Blazers roster for this season's prospect game. I believe that I can bring a strong number of assists and some goals to my pre-season team.

2nd question: Interview What team would you like to be drafted by and what round are you expecting to go in?
I do not really have a preference for any team at the moment, just that the team that drafts me will give me good ice time, and allow me to develop my attributes. I am not really concerned what round I go in.

3rd question: Interview Upon entering the league, What might be the most challenging part breaking into the league?
I think the hardest part of entering the league for me will just be competing with all of the great players at this level.

Mattias Theib, RW, Blazers
Interviewer - Dane Rowe

1st question: Interview Mattias, How do you feel about being drafted into the Blazers roster? Do you think they can bounce around?
I am very happy to be selected to the Blazers. On paper, we have a great team, we just need the lines shaken up a bit to get us to win some more.

2nd question: Interview In the up and coming rookie prospect draft, Where do you feel like home is best suited for you? What round do you believe you'll go in?
I am happy to go to any team that would use a pick to take me, as well as play me. I believe that I can go late first round - mid second if I'm lucky.

3rd question: Interview As a rookie, It can be a difficult challenge to break into a competitive league as the SMJHL. How are you preparing or comparing yourself to this league?
I am jumping on any TPE opportunity I can get. You have to be ready, or else you'll be in for a rude awakening.

4th question: Interview In your prespective, what do you believe your best stat will be in your rookie season?
I think that my scoring will be the best, but it can also be a close race with skating

Interview They you have it my friends, were in for a hell of a draft. Be sure to watch the draft this Thursday live on SHL and see what team brings you to their franchises. Good luck to everyone participating and good night to all.

2nd: Blazers question:
Which player led the SMJHL in Fights Won in S14? Jamal Tiggs

3rd: 1st (Blazers)
2nd (Lions)
3rd (Outlaws)
4th (Stingrays)

[Image: vk6rzYl.jpg]

Since I don't seem to be eligible for any of the other things...

1. Outlaws
2. Stingrays
3. Lions
4. Blazers