Create Account

Kobe Bryant

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Nov 30 2015, 01:44 AM
Kobe Bryant is the most overrated NBA player of all time.

I agree with this, people would him up there with MJ. His skillset was insane but he was nothing but a great scorer with above average defending skills. His rebounding, passing skills weren't up there. His shooting percentage was never efficient. Never took paycuts like Duncan did to make the team better. That's why he is where he is at. He retired as all-time great, top 15.

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Nov 30 2015, 08:50 AM
I've always hated Kobe because I was heavy into NBA during the Lakers Dynasty era, and I was not a Lakers fan... but one of the all-time greats, undoubtedly. From my perspective, he's closer to MJ than Lebron is (or anybody else), by quite a ways.
Blink That's an insult to MJ. And LeBron. Unless you mean in terms of personality. Kobe and MJ are both pure assholes.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Nov 30 2015, 07:50 AM
I've always hated Kobe because I was heavy into NBA during the Lakers Dynasty era, and I was not a Lakers fan... but one of the all-time greats, undoubtedly. From my perspective, he's closer to MJ than Lebron is (or anybody else), by quite a ways.

No way lol

RIPDAVE

Get out with these freaking comparisons.

When it's all said and done, Kobe will be recognized as one of the best shooting guards to ever step on the hardwood. His legacy is enormous. Let's just take this moment to respect greatness, and that's coming from someone who's hated him dearly through the mid '00s

You absolutely cannot deny that Kobe is in the top 3 of all time. Anybody who does is blindly hating.

In his prime, he was the most dominant player in the league. He was always overshadowed by Shaq during their time together in LA, but he proved to the world that he didn't need Shaq when he took home two more titles without him.

I wouldn't put him ahead of Jordan, no, but as stevo said let's forget the comparisons and just celebrate the opportunity we had to watch one of the NBA's greatest legends take the court growing up.

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Nov 30 2015, 01:48 PM
You absolutely cannot deny that Kobe is in the top 3 of all time. Anybody who does is blindly hating.

In his prime, he was the most dominant player in the league. He was always overshadowed by Shaq during their time together in LA, but he proved to the world that he didn't need Shaq when he took home two more titles without him.

I wouldn't put him ahead of Jordan, no, but as stevo said let's forget the comparisons and just celebrate the opportunity we had to watch one of the NBA's greatest legends take the court growing up.
:lol: Kobe has always been, overall, a mediocre defensive player. He could turn up the defensive play when he had to but ultimately, he was always far more focused on scoring. And sure, he is one of the all-time best scorers in NBA history but that doesn't make him a complete player who was dominant offensive and defensively like MJ, LeBron, Wilt, Magic, Bill Russell, Shaq, Abdul-Jabaar, all of whom I would say are pretty indisputably better than Kobe. I'd say there are a number of players who also were/are better but you could make a legitimate argument against them.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Kobe's 81 point game tho >>>>>>

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Nov 30 2015, 12:48 PM

Top 10 yes, top 3 I just don't see it lol. He was a dominant player tho.

Just recently I'd put Duncan, Shaq, Jordan, potentially LeBron (still too early for him tho) all ahead of him. That's not including all of the past greats.

RIPDAVE

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Nov 30 2015, 12:48 PM

Top 3? You're killing me. He was a great scorer but it took him 19 seasons to beat MJ's scoring record. His defensive skill was above average, he worked hard but other than that everything else was below average.

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Nov 30 2015, 09:48 AM

Kobe isnt top 3 of all time.

GUESS IM BLINDLY HATING.

But for real he isn't top 3 nor top 5 all time.

Top 3 at his position though

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 30 2015, 03:21 PM

Kobe isnt top 3 of all time.

GUESS IM BLINDLY HATING.

But for real he isn't top 3 nor top 5 all time.

Top 3 at his position though

Agreed. I can name 3 players that are better than Kobe, and I haven't watched pro basketball since the 90s.

I guess I overreacted a bit. I think it can be argued he's top 3 of all time, but the blindly hating comment was kinda ridiculous lol

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Lol he sucked

[Image: hallsy.png]

Lol

I'm not a Kobe fan but y'all are on one.

He is a 9x nba all defensive first team.