Create Account

The great NEW/SEA shitshow saga of S41

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@May 8 2018, 10:51 AM

samee

no not dat prospect

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dizzyDC@May 8 2018, 10:51 AM

Yeah I just don't think the rule book and being a dick are mutually exclusive. Sure it was legal, doesn't mean it was a shitbag thing to do.

Of course. At this point the only real argument is "are NEW dicks?", but if we want something to actually happen from this situation we should look for future solutions.

Quote:Originally posted by .bojo@May 8 2018, 10:53 AM

Of course. At this point the only real argument is "are NEW dicks?", but if we want something to actually happen from this situation we should look for future solutions.
I mean, yeah, you're right. I have personal interest in this situation so I'm definitely biased in regards to the first part of your statement. But I agree that the rule needs to be looked at to avoid this shit in the future.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dizzyDC@May 8 2018, 11:00 AM

I mean, yeah, you're right. I have personal interest in this situation so I'm definitely biased in regards to the first part of your statement. But I agree that the rule needs to be looked at to avoid this shit in the future.

This whole thing just makes me dizzy, you know?

Quote:Originally posted by .bojo@May 8 2018, 10:53 AM

Pretty much where I'm at. Here's what I've thought about which probably is an awful idea so I'm going to put it out here so people can fix it and tell me I'm dumb. Not in that order necessarily.

Make the rule for this scenario that you have to use your first pick in the draft to pick yourself. If you want to trade down to make yourself cheaper, fine, but you can't take anyone else in that draft until you take yourself. If you want to get a top prospect in the class, trade up to get the extra early pick after you draft yourself. You could even set a limit to the absolute latest you would be allowed to draft yourself, I don't really care. Other than that, entirely up to the GM to determine that gameplan.

And if they don't draft themselves with that first pick, have sanctions in place so they can't hold another team hostage. Maybe it's a team penalty, maybe it's a fine or draft pick penalty. Again, don't really care about the specifics, just throwing stuff out there.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Every time someone says that he will only play for one team and every time that person threatens every other GM in the league with retirement if they don't exactly meet his wishes in the draft, I can't help but hope that one of the GMs has the guts to fuck with that player and draft him anyway. So considering that, I can't help but like what NEW has done here, even if it was a bit dickish. They might have lost a mediocre asset because of it but sometimes that can be worth it in an effort to send a message. And making clear that being an entitled ass that tries to strongarm the rest of the league can backfire on you is not a bad message to send and, quite frankly, one that should have been sent way earlier in one of the countless other cases where this has happened in the past.

After all, we are talking about a team that already had two picks before #17 and who simply decided not to use them on their GM in an effort to lowball the entire league and get a franchise-caliber player with a low 2nd. It's not like their other two picks where in the top-5 either, they were mid-to-late firsts in a shallow draft, so taking samee there still would've been good value. They got greedy and were punished for it, simple as that.

Now with that being said, I do agree that this probably wouldn't have happened if the person in question was someone other than samee, who is an easier target than let's say JT would have been in the past. But then again, some of you keep demanding that people need to respect and accomodate samee's wishes, when respect is actually something that needs to be earned. If you haven't earned respect and goodwill yet, but still decide to try and hardball everyone, then it's on you if this backfires.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

[Image: 29vj4x.jpg]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

SHL should just use the same SMJHL rule for GM Recreates in the draft:

B. GM Recreation Rule

1. All re-creating General Managers (this includes Co-General Managers) must use their team's highest second (2nd) round pick in the proceeding SMJHL Draft on their own player.

2. If both the General Manager and Co-General Manager are recreating, the team must give up their own first (1st) round pick and their own second (2nd) round pick, if they wish to continue to GM that team.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dizzyDC@May 8 2018, 08:47 AM

Out of curiosity, why though? They gained literally nothing from it. They could have gotten an active prospect and instead ended up with nothing. Plus, subjectively at least, they kinda look like dicks.

He had two chances to draft himself. He didn't so it's fair game. He didn't wait an extra season to get the GM auto-draft protection and tried to help his team by strong arming other GMs. Every other team lost a chance to draft one of the guys that Seattle did in the first instead of picking their GM and NEW lost a pick to stick it to them. Seems fair game

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Slowpoke@May 8 2018, 10:42 AM

I wasnt talking about that. I just want you off the site in general.
Well frig you too bub

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@May 8 2018, 08:53 AM

He had two chances to draft himself. He didn't so it's fair game. He didn't wait an extra season to get the GM auto-draft protection and tried to help his team by strong arming other GMs. Every other team lost a chance to draft one of the guys that Seattle did in the first instead of picking their GM and NEW lost a pick to stick it to them. Seems fair game
I like this opinion. He tried to sort of cheat himself into getting 2 good players instead of 1, by saying don't pick me or I retire.

Fuck that. If you don't have the GM protection and you don't want someone to pick you, then pick yourself when you can.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Yes it was in the rules, and yes it was fair game, but it was kind of a dick move that really only hurt the Wolfpack anyways. The only thing lost on the Seattle side is Samee’s time, but that is still valuable, of course.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

this whole situation is subjective... both New England and Samee were right in some ways..and wrong in others... its a big SHL grey area.

Sigmund Izz Frued -

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by DollarAndADream@May 8 2018, 12:17 PM

I like this opinion. He tried to sort of cheat himself into getting 2 good players instead of 1, by saying don't pick me or I retire.

Fuck that. If you don't have the GM protection and you don't want someone to pick you, then pick yourself when you can.
id have gm protection this season. if someone else is gonna pick me might aswell wait another season and gey myself free lmao. this is literally why i promised to retire, cause it wasnt worth giving up an asset when i could get myself free. NEW decides to troll me by picking me - kind of a waste pick don't ya think especially when there are actives on the board

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@May 8 2018, 12:42 PM
this whole situation is subjective... both New England and Samee were right in some ways..and wrong in others... its a big SHL grey area.

Sigmund Izz Frued -

Ahh

time is only an illusion

Ahh

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]