Create Account

Claiming Old PTs

06-30-2020, 02:03 PMBasedMinkus Wrote:
06-30-2020, 01:54 PMjfisherr Wrote: Sorry but you're wrong. Let's say the cap is 4 seasons of updates, and there's 8 weeks of updating per season. That's 32 possible updates as Segi said above. Let's say there's 5 things claimable per week (AC, Training, PT, WFT, 3on3). That's up to 160 links that an Updater would have to check in order to make sure that the PT task a user is trying to claim from 4 seasons prior hasn't been claimed before.

You say if we enforce requiring the season and point task in each claim itl'l ease this issue as it'll promote veteran user retention, but how about for all the new creates that consistently have their updates rejected over simple errors such as linking the wrong PT?

What about for the people who have been updating consistently? Do you expect the Updating team to go back and edit everyone's previous updates to ensure they have the proper titles or are we back to square one where the updaters have to go through up to 160 links in order to make sure the new rule is being followed? (I get this is ridiculous but raising the cap from 2 to 4 seasons is also ridiculous).

I get what you're saying but 8 weeks, which is the current cap, is more than enough to post one update in order to not lose out on TPE lol.

There is no need to to extend this cap any further.

I mean I am not wrong because there isn't a right or wrong answer for this.

In regards to the people who have been updating consistently. My argument to implement this would be for the future and not retroactively allow this to happen before the rule was in place. So if the rule was set in S56, then it really wouldn't become a thing until S59.

You could even put a cap on things you can claim that are outdated.

My whole thing is retention or getting people back so the league can alway improve.

Being even more pedantic on how updates have to look like probably wouldn't be great for user retention either though. You can't please everybody and ArGar's case honestly doesn't happen too often. People coming back after 2 or 3 seasons of inactivity, most often just recreate and lose out on any unclaimed tpe anyway.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

06-30-2020, 01:31 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: I definitely believe that a longer cap for claiming TPE isn't difficult. Yes I understand you have to look over someones updates to see if they did in fact just miss claiming that specific PT but if we enforced a strict way of doing the updates (ie having which season and what # the point task is (S54 PT 1)) it would allow something like this to happen.

As someone that updated for a long time, just achieving this is like herding cats. The number of ppl on this site incapable of putting together an easily coherent update is probably about half of it's active population. The number of times I have tips or linked to the update assistant, only for that person to ignore it and continue to update "their way" is beyond frustrating. If you skip someone for having a bad update, they get upset and you are then the bad guy cause "it's your job to figure it out"

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Quote:luketd Wrote:

You can claim up to 2 seasons ago worth of tpe iirc

That is even too long!  

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

06-30-2020, 02:30 PMml002 Wrote:
06-30-2020, 01:31 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: I definitely believe that a longer cap for claiming TPE isn't difficult. Yes I understand you have to look over someones updates to see if they did in fact just miss claiming that specific PT but if we enforced a strict way of doing the updates (ie having which season and what # the point task is (S54 PT 1)) it would allow something like this to happen.

As someone that updated for a long time, just achieving this is like herding cats. The number of ppl on this site incapable of putting together an easily coherent update is probably about half of it's active population. The number of times I have tips or linked to the update assistant, only for that person to ignore it and continue to update "their way" is beyond frustrating. If you skip someone for having a bad update, they get upset and you are then the bad guy cause "it's your job to figure it out"

This is very accurate. As someone who performed audits for a short time, I can tell you the fact that we don't have a standard update format makes things a pain in the ass for updaters. I remember one user who couldn't put together consistent update formats for a couple of pages. We won't even get into the Capped/Uncapped thing.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 04:34 PM by Baelor Swift.)

06-30-2020, 10:22 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I think it is dumb that players who are not under regression can't claim PTs from more than a couple seasons ago.

There is no advantage for someone not under regression not claiming TPE immediately, so I do not see the point in punishing people for not claiming the TPE until later.
Except there is an advantage when it comes to salary tiers and waiting to claim TPE in order to circumvent the cap.

Also, when you back claim half a year or so back, now the updater needs to waste time digging back even further through your update thread to be sure you haven't claimed it already.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

arg returns to the league with some fire

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020, 09:40 PM by Lime.)

Needing to claim tpe from like 5 seasons ago is such a fringe case that basically you just need to suck it up

Also its annoying that you want updaters to spend an extra 15 minutes combing through your entire update thread because you can't be arsed to spend 2 minutes claiming

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Exactly what he said   Yeahthat Yeahthat 

And I'd say its more than 15 minutes extra!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

06-30-2020, 12:29 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: I agree with my former Co-GM on this one. The counter argument to if you had time to do the TPE, you have time to claim it is that, if you had time to do the PT you have the right to claim it when you can/remember because you put in the effort to do it.

And in regards to things like equipment purchases or weekly training, if we aren't going to allow players to claim them as if they expired then that money should go back to the player.

This is a good idea.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Nothing is worse than being an updater that clicks into someone's thread during the regression weeks and seeing an entire season's worth of claims in their update that's paired with their regression. And that's perfectly within the current rules and happens multiple times a season to a single updater. Updaters get memed on for their pay but one of those updates can take 45 minutes and involve multiple follow ups after the fact which require you to keep track of everything because god forbid you make a mistake. All for the same money you get for a tweet. Unless we do scaling pay for update size (which I think is impossible to manage), let's not make that worse please.

I do think it's reasonable to have money refunded for training/gear in these cases as I don't think it's necessary to doubly punish someone who waits that long, but there would have to execution of a process there that's compensated appropriately, whether it's a banker, auditor, or both

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

07-01-2020, 07:48 PMNerio Wrote: Nothing is worse than being an updater that clicks into someone's thread during the regression weeks and seeing an entire season's worth of claims in their update that's paired with their regression. And that's perfectly within the current rules and happens multiple times a season to a single updater. Updaters get memed on for their pay but one of those updates can take 45 minutes and involve multiple follow ups after the fact which require you to keep track of everything because god forbid you make a mistake. All for the same money you get for a tweet. Unless we do scaling pay for update size (which I think is impossible to manage), let's not make that worse please.

I do think it's reasonable to have money refunded for training/gear in these cases as I don't think it's necessary to doubly punish someone who waits that long, but there would have to execution of a process there that's compensated appropriately, whether it's a banker, auditor, or both

I've gotta agree with this, being an updayer although for what we are payed seems like we are constantly on the wrong end of a witch hunt, and don't feel like maki g it happen more often.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

06-30-2020, 12:51 PM.bojo Wrote: I'd see if it's possible to get a refund on the equipment since it wasn't used. But otherwise I believe it unnecessarily complicates things for something that already gets a lot of flak for not being super perfect.

I asked for a refund for equipment I never applied and my request died in HO Hell so /shrug

07-01-2020, 11:17 PMgrok Wrote:
06-30-2020, 12:51 PM.bojo Wrote: I'd see if it's possible to get a refund on the equipment since it wasn't used. But otherwise I believe it unnecessarily complicates things for something that already gets a lot of flak for not being super perfect.

I asked for a refund for equipment I never applied and my request died in HO Hell so /shrug

Did you ask the bankers

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

07-01-2020, 11:18 PM.bojo Wrote:
07-01-2020, 11:17 PMgrok Wrote: I asked for a refund for equipment I never applied and my request died in HO Hell so /shrug

Did you ask the bankers

Yes, they were very helpful in getting my request escalated to HO, but when it got up there I never heard from anyone again

Just claim your shit in a timely manner

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France