Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player

There is no PT like a homer PT so I will rep one of my teammates.

Mats Marner? Ryuuji Minamino? Easy to lead the league in points when your team is fucking stacked. Alexander Roach is the only maxed player on the Citadelles' roster and yet he's able to maintain good stats. Considering how many goals we let in every game, being -13 is like some sort of goddamn miracle. We're such trash that the poor man had to block 104, yes, [i]104[/b] shots in 41 games to keep us slightly relevant. As a forward. That's crazy.

I hope the awards committee takes everything in consideration and doesn't just sort by points. Roach was amazing for Québec both offensively and defensively and I'm scared to even think about what the team would look like without him. This isn't like SimonT where if you were the best player on a really shitty team, your stats would look amazing and you were a lock for the fantasy team of anyone with half a brain. When you're on a shit team, it's actually pretty hard to look good. Yet Alexander Roach looks better than ever on a team full of rookies.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Let’s be as realistic as possible here. The Berserkers are the frontrunners for the Most Valuable Player trophy, and are at least going to get two finalists up there. Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino have been tearing up the league since the first puck drop of the season, and have continued to dominate in each and every game. The stats are there as well, and they seem to support the case. Both of them are leading the league in scoring, at a pace above point per game. The closest candidate to either of them would be Carolina Kraken centre Linus Grimstad, but in comparison to Mats Marner, who plays his same position, it appears that the latter still outweighs him heavily in statistics such as shooting percentage and hits, doing so with less average time on ice. Meanwhile, Minamino plays a much more of a playmaker style game and leads the league in assists. Ultimately, this is going to be a close one between the two Berserkers, but if I had to choose, I would say that Marner’s goal scoring finesse would give him the upper hand on the other candidates.

Word Count: 191

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

The current frontrunner for MVP is clearly Mats Marner, with his 49 points in 41 games (24 goals and 25 assists), he's at the top of the league. He has +14, 18 minutes of penalties and is a force on the power play, with 10 goals and 12 assists for 22 power play points. His shooting is averaging 18.05% so it makes him really scary for any goalie. He’s not alone at the top of the league however, as Ryuuji Minamino is right there with him. In 41 games, he put up 48 points so only one less than Marner. He has 16 goals and 32 assists for +22. 9 of them on the powerplay and 12 of the assits for a total of 21 power play points. He’s less scary than Marner however with a shooting percentage of 12.12%.
At goalie, Scoochie Stratton would be the mvp vote with 23 wins, 0.933 SV% and a great 1.61 GAA. He only let in 51 goals in 23 games.

168 words

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2020, 09:30 PM by damienj10.)

The clear MVP for me in my personal opinion is mats marner with an above point per game effort this season with 49 points in 41 games ( 24 goals and 25 assists ) he is top the the league and has a +14. he is decent on the power play with 10 goals and 12 assists on the power play he also has a high shooting percentage of 18.05%. he probably will win it although there is a goalie who is doing really well by the name of peter ramsey. its about the shut outs boys and he has tons of them. any way at the end of the day we all know its gonna be mats marner the rip off from the toronto maple laugh. he may be good in the regular season but just wait until he chokes in the playoffs. anyways the clear winner is mats marner. if it is not oh well my prediction was wrong.

160 words

I do not think it should be a surprise to anyone of what team the MVP will be named from. Newfoundland currently sits second in the league, only 1 point behind Carolina, but Newfoundland does have 4 overtime and only 8 regulation loses on the season.
Leading the Berserkers are a couple of stand out players this season, Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino. These two have been making this Newfoundland team almost unstoppable this season, Marner and Minamino are the reasons why.
Marner sits at 52 points in 43 games, a plus 15, 68 hits and an eye popping 24 power play points this season.
Minamino has 51 points in 43 games, a plus 19 and another crazy powerplay points total of 23.
The closest anyone this season has to either of these two in power play points is Sven Svenson of Colorado with 16!
You will basically have to flip a coin to see which of these studs gets the MVP, but it should really go to Newfoundland for developing these two great players into what they are right now!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

It will be a race between the two scoring leaders Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino for who is going to get the MVP nod this season in the SMJHL. Two teammates and linemates that have absolutely haha ding donged all over the SMJHL this season, these two have shown poise, class, and most of all experience on the ice.

Ultimately I believe Mats Marner is deserving of the nod for MVP this season over Minamino because of a few factors. 1 is he has overall more points in less minutes played per game. Marner plays centre which is a more coveted and important position, shows more aptitude away from the puck blocking 28 shots, has over 60 hits helping his team physically and wears down opponents, and is smarter with the puck, having fewer giveaways, however, conversely, having fewer takeaways.

I believe it will be a fight right down to the wire and the choice won't be easy, but Marner will take the MVP at the end of the year

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the SMJHL's MVP is going to be one of the guys from Newfoundland. The only question is, who? Between Mats Marner and Ryuji Minamino, I'm going to have to go with Marner on this one. He's got 24 goals and 28 assists to make 52 points total in just 43 games, which brings him to a leading position in total points, second for goals scored, and third for assists. We all know that the Berserkers have dominated the league this season, and a lot of that is in part to Marner's absolute stranglehold on goalies. Although his his penalty minutes leave a lot to be desired, as 22 isn't exactly ideal, with 68 hits you're bound to take some penalties. Compared to Minamino, Mats has a lot less giveaways as well, while also being just short on takeaways. Of course, you could also place a bid in Name Redacted, the goalie for the Vancouver Whalers, who poses a .918% on a rebuilding Vancouver team with a somewhat weak defense. However, I'm going to hedge my bets and say that Mats Marner will be the SMJHL's Most Valuable Player.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

[Image: 4Qz8bI0.png]

It seems clear at this point that the MVP must be someone from Newfoundland, and while there are two major standout candidates in Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino, it should be obvious that Mats Marner will be the ultimate winner. Boasting 24 goals to Ryuuji's 19, as well as being a point ahead, lends much to his value as potential winner. There's still more than enough time for Ryuuji to make a push and overtake his teammate, but as things sit now it's hard to argue against Marner. Another leading candidate is surely Linus Grimstad of Carolina, with 21 goals and 29 assists for 50 points. While he is clearly behind the other two, the fact that Marner and Minamino play on the same team may lower their individual value for an individual award, while Grimstad is the sole representative of his team, which may make his accomplishments seem more impressive. Any of these three would ultimately be a good choice, and I don't think anyone would be upset with any of the three winning the award at the end of the season. For my part, I would expect it to go to Marner.

I think that the player who is going to win the MVP award this season will be Mats Marner, the Newfoundland Berserkers forward.

He has had a a great season and has the most points in the league and the second most goals. He’s only one goal behind the lead too so he has been very good at providing offense and getting the puck into the net!

The next closest player in scoring is Marner’s teammate Ryuuji Minamino who has one less point but has scored less goals so is unlikely to win the MVP award.

The third place player in the rankings would be Linus Grimstad. Linus has 50 points so far with 21 goals. With 7 games left in the season there is still time for him to maybe catch up with the people in front, so who knows if he is able to catch up and close the gap!

These three players have had great seasons and would all deserve a chance at winning the award, so good luck!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Personally, I think there are a ton of worthy candidates for Most Valuable Player this season. However, I think that it is going to be crowned to someone from the Newfoundland Berserkers, and more specifically, between Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino. Both have lead their team to the fewest amount of losses in the entire SMJHL, as well as being first and second in overall total points. While Marner has put the puck in the back of the net five more times, Minamino has assisted his teammates more, which explains why the Berserkers are red hot right now leading up to the playoffs. On the other hand, Linus Grimstad of the first place Carolina Kraken, is having an exceptional season. Coming in at third overall total points, second overall in assists, and fourth overall in goals, he is another 50+ points earner that cannot be counted out of the race. If I had to personally pick one at this very moment, I would go with Mats Marner because he ranks in the top three in the biggest categories: third in assists, second in goals, and first in total points.

189 WORDS

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

The S55 SMJHL season is almost at it’s end, but the race for MVP is heating up. Quite a few SMJHLers find themselves in the conversation for this award, but there’s 3 that really stand out to me. First up, Scoochie Stratton, the goaltender for the Anchorage Armada. The Armada sit atop the West division, and have a league low 77 Goals Allowed. Stratton’s numbers are awesome: He has a 24-7-3 record, and leads the SMJHL in Save percentage (93.3%), Goals Against Average (1.60), and shutouts (7). He’s been amazing. It’s hard to pick one Newfie player of the skaters, but I’m going with Ryuuji Minamino. Mats Marner has been great as well, but Minamino plays just a bit better game offensively and defensively. He currently has 51 points (19g, 32a), and he’s only taken 8 PIMs so far this season. Finally, Bork Laser of Anchorage gets the nod here for me. While he only has 16 points, Laser has the highest Game Rating for a defender so far. He also has 106 hits to go along with 63 shot blocks. Points aren’t everything in the defensive end, and Laser’s play is another reason why Anchorage doesn’t allow a lot of goals. (202)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I am not very in tune with the league at the moment but I would have to put me as one of the front runners for mvp this season. The more Tres Sombreros spends on the ice the more he improves. I think by the end of the my juniors career I will be one of the best to ever play. I just hope to compete and possibly hold up the cup trophy at the end of the season. I so far have recorded a hat trick and am one of the top points leaders for my team Tres will take some time to develop but when he does he will be a deadly outside shooter and all around offensive player. the longer I am in the league the more I am liking the sport of hockey and understanding how it works. I think personality is really big for MVPs and Tres Sombreros has one of the best personalities in the league.

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

Looking through the stats before the final day of the league I would have to put the leading scorer from the leagues best team in the conversation first. Mats Marner from the Berserkers has 52 points at this point of the season with 28 goals and 5 of those game winners. He is a big reason Newfoundland leading the way and if he continues that pace will be a big factor in Newfoundland's chances at the cup!

Linus Grimstad of the Kraken is pretty close to top on my ballot sheet as well. He has just two fewer points only, and also has 5 game winning goals as well but rather than more offensive stats he also has a fair chunk of important time on the penalty kill. He also is +32 which isn't the most accurate stat for ability but does show he takes care of business without the puck as well.

Finally I need a defender, I am picking Bork Lazer from the Armada. Game rating of 72 overall and a nice +28 shows that he is tough for any forwards to get past as well as 63 shot blocks this season. He has only snagged 4 goals but has 12 assists to round up a decent contribution going forward as well.

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

Mats Marner of the Newfoundland Berserkers is my favorite to win the Ideen Fallah Trophy as the Most Valuable Player of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. With 52 points in 43 games, Marner is the league’s leading scorer. His 28 assists place him third in the league, while he is second in goals with 24.

There can also be an argument made for Linus Grimstad of the Carolina Kraken. A 21-goal scorer in his own right, Grimstad is just two points behind Marner at this writing. He has proven to be a stronger contributer on the defensive end of the ice as well, with more shot blocks and takeaways than Marner.

Sometimes power play production is seen as a negative in awards conversations, which I consider one of the dumbest things on the planet, alongside when the MLB All-Star Game used to decide home field for the World Series, that time the SMJHL definition of team management was rewritten because of Samee, and people who put pineapple on pizza. If the coach puts you in on the power play and you produce, you did your job.

Marner has definitely produced on the power play, with 24 of his 52 points coming with the man advantage. Some dummy will see this as a negative because “he hasn’t been as productive even strength,” it’ll be fun. Nonetheless, kudos to Grimstad for having some PK time also. That’s cool.

Also give some love to Scoochie Stratton for an obscene .933 save percentage and seven shutouts this season for Anchorage. I don’t know a lot about goalie stats these days with the new sim and all, but that seems pretty good. Maybe he’s MVP? Maybe it’s a product of having a good defense and that’s why he’s only faced about 800 shots? Maybe it’s Maybelline? I dunno.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page