Create Account

S12 CW: Deep Pockets

I would pick Winnipeg for 3 reasons.

1. Who would not want to have John Mcbride in there net. I think he is one of the greatest goalies in SHL history

2. Always a play off contender. I can' think of one year (I cam season 7 in NWJHL and S8 in SHL) that the jets did not make it into the play offs. That is something in a team that makes them better then others.

3. I think they are better then the chiefs in my perspective

If I had the opportunity to buy either the Jets or the Chiefs I would personally choose the Chiefs as I feel it would be a more profitable venture.

Location: Minnesota can be considered the hockey capital of the U.S. While I am a Canadian and love a team in a Canadian market…. There is just not a lot in Winnipeg and Minnesota is a bigger city to attract a bigger fan base.

The Players: While both teams have their share of stars. The depth of players the Chiefs possess is just insane. Reggie Williams, Charlie Chiclets, Brandon Sawyer, Niclas Wastlund, Nick Fisher and many others.

Local Competition: Having two teams in the same area called the Winnipeg Jets could be quite problematic and lead to segregation of fan bases.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

I would buy the Chiefs because I can see there talent being put to work on the ice every night, They can face anybody without an issue they are a sound team with a winning history and a huge fanbase that would be worth the investment and would bring in good revenue and growth.

I would buy the jets, but it isn't for reasons unknown. I have so many good friends on taht club, and they're outstanding. Also, it would be a good move, because we could become the Los Angeles JetPanthers, and we will rule the league supreme. All joking aside, they're one of the most historic franchises in recent SHL history, and Leafs is one of the best GM's to ever set foot in this league.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Having created the Forbes value rankings, there is a reason Winnipeg was rated higher and this is why I am choosing them. While the price tag is much higher, the opportunity cost of this selection will dwindle quicker than that in Minnesota. This team is primed for competition at all times with recognizable faces throughout the history of the SHL, with victories in multiple years to help them grow into one of the best known brands of the SHL.

Personally this selection is valid due simply to the fact that in order to buy a team they must be a wise financial opportunity. In the city of Winnipeg, the fan bases growth has contributed to higher sales in team merchandise, concessions, and ticket sales. The highest selling point is that which, though involving it, does not involve the box office. That would be the value of a season ticket sale. While Minnesota is a strong market, it is not a notable area of business, and in Winnipeg you are much more likely to contribute to your sales through heavy season-ticket advertising.

Finally, the Jets are simply a stronger selection due to the severity of the argument in favor of history. Teams with a higher standing are likely to have established an older fan base that have begun to pass their fanhood on to their next generation. The Jets longevity in the league along with the enhancement of the brand due to increased success year in and year out has led this team to be the wisest investment based solely on the idea of business.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

For me, there is no contest, I would invest in the Chiefs. For one, even with all of the retiring players on their roster, this team is so deep and so set up for the future (first overall pick helps tremendously) that it won't hurt them all that much. This team has an incredibly fast recovery time.

Secondly, merchandise sales are off the charts for the Chiefs. They have more big-name players which assists tremendously in selling jerseys, t-shirts and other memorabilia.

Lastly, the team is in a very ideal situation on all fronts right now. They play in an amazing hockey town under stellar management with a great present and a fantastic future. They are set.

I would buy the Chiefs, out of the two. A historic hockey town and a team with an identity as a winner, is an easy team to market to fans. The Jets best players seem to be in the twilight of their careers and I'm not sure how much longer they can stay at that elite level of competition before reloading. The Chiefs on the other hand, already posses this year's top pick, allowing them several options but helping to ensure the team stays competitive and the fans stay interested.

Nothing sells season tickets and jerseys like a #1 overall pick, or a Cup.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

As much as I like the Chiefs and their management and players, the best business move would be acquiring the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets are an original SHL team and they are the model for success. Although the price tag is pretty substantially higher, the Jets are arguably the most established team in the league. They have never really gone through a rebuild and there is no rebuild in sight for this franchise. Some believed that when Ron Mexico’s career started to dwindle is when the Jets would follow suit, but quite the opposite has happened.

I have a lot of love for the Chiefs, but the Jets are simply the better business move.

[Image: 138030305-590x393.jpg]
HASTINGS, MN. – If I were given the opportunity to choose between owning the Minnesota Chiefs or the Winnipeg Jets, I’d turn around and walk away to come back after thinking for a while to choose the Minnesota Chiefs. I’ll explain my reasons to the decision.

Minnesota has tickets sales out of the roof being since it’s a hockey state. Minnesota also make tons of money off their merchandise, all the fans enjoy their jerseys and the richness it comes with when you buy it. Also, the fans enjoy the sales on arena purchases such as food for the kids, half off on tickets and such.

All this may seem great but with greatness comes a weakness. Minnesota Chiefs have some competition with the Minnesota Vikings of the NFL, the Minnesota Wild of the NHL, Minnesota Timberwolves of the NBA, Minnesota Twins of the MLB, Minnesota United FC of the NASL, and the Minnesota Swarm of the NLL. All these teams bring competition to the Chiefs that they can afford, however, there ticket sales could possibly take a hit with the Wild becoming a playoff hockey team again.

So that is it, I hope you enjoyed. All in all both franchises run on great management and great class.

If I was able to buy one of these teams without a doubt it would be the Winnipeg Jets. Jets fans are probably the greatest in the league and show the dedication by showing up for every home game. They are also one of the most historic teams in the league and that definitely is a plus over the expansion team from Minnesota. On top of that, Winnipeg has more potential to be a stronger team in my opinion, which means even more money for me in the long run!

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

If I had the cash, I'd buy the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets are in a terrific hockey market with some of the best fans in the world. They are a historical and nostalgic team with early SHLers. Also, the likes to work with a guy like Damian Littleton on an SHL squad would be a tremendous honor, and make the job significantly easier.

I'd buy the Minnesota Chiefs. I like their history, I like their logo etc., the area is just crazy about hockey ( I think the area in the US with the most hockey crazy fans) and the team is all about winning. The have a bright future, being in the playoffs final right now and having the 1st Overall pick at the same time.

The Jets are a storied franchise as well and definitely are in great shape, but there is something I just don't like about Winnipeg. And while Minnesota is one cold place, I believe Winnipeg is even colder and I don't really like cold places.

So if I have to chose between those two, I definitely take the Chiefs.

A rich investor from Qatar recently leaked that he was interested in the purchase of one of the two teams in the Challenge Cup finals, today we show you why the Jets are obviously the best choice for these investors.

1. History. The Jets are an original six team, they've won two challenge cups and have been in 4 finals and have become one of the most consistent and succesful franchises in the SHL, They recently claimed 2nd spot in Forbes' SHL Team Values and have paved a path to victory that no other franchise has reached.

2. Location. The Jets are from Winnipeg, one of the best hockey markets in the SHL. Hockey in Winnipeg and Canada in general is like a religion and the crazed Jets fans who will support their team at all costs and who will buy merchandise and tickets to be able to be a part of their team's glory. The investor's will definitely get there's money worth here.

3. Management. The Jets along with the North Stars have arguably the best GM in the SHL, GM Littleton has been with the Jets Organization since Day 1 and it looks like he will not be going anywhere for a long time. Littleton has managed to create one of the most consistently powerful franchises in the league over the past 12 years through draft and through trade and the Jets are in good hands with him.

Code:
Words: 240

I would buy the Chiefs because they are a hockey city. With a recent SHL cup, they have their fans buzzing so that makes them even more hungry for Minnesota Merchandise. They have a great team and have for many of seasons so that makes them sell more tickets. Lastly, they have good sense in trades as they are in the finals with the first overall pick.

If I were looking to purchase an SHL franchise and had the choice of buying either the Winnipeg Jets or the Minnesota Chiefs, my decision would to be purchase the Winnipeg Jets. The Jets have a very loyal and knowledgeable fan base who love their Jets and have very high expectations for the team. The on-ice product has always been very entertaining and competitive with the club looking to win their fourth Challenge Cup in franchise history. Some of the best players in the league play in Winnipeg such as John McBride, arguably the best goalie ever to play in the SHL, as well as young guns in the form of Brandon Donini, Armin Brovalchuk, and Luke Riggs. Add to this, veterans like Ron Mexico, Jordan Hall, and a solid defensive corps with the likes of Zach Myers, Lance Uppercut, Willie Weber and Giovanni Mortellaro II, and you have a team that will be Challenge Cup contenders for many seasons.