Create Account

S12 CW: A Winning Legacy

This is a pretty tough question, but I think for me the answer has to be yes. When the Jets won their first cup against the Steelhawks a few years back they were more of a surprise team and nobody really thought they had the best roster in the entire league. When they reached the cup-finals and narrowly lost to the Chiefs in S10, they had a very strong team, but some of their core players were pretty young and this may have been the reason that ended up losing to a more experienced Chiefs team in seven games. And now, that they are in the finals again this year, they have a roster that isn't too different from the one they had two seasons ago... But I would argue that it is slightly better. Ron Mexico might have regressed a lot over the past few seasons but the rest of the team has matured a lot, Goalie John McBride, who was already great in S10, is maxed out now, and some good players like Zach Myers have been added. I think this is what could push them over the edge this time and this is why I think that this is the strongest Jets-roster so far!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

The S12 Jets are perhaps the most dominant team that the Jets have ever iced, which is saying something as the Jets are one of the model franchises in the SHL.

GM Littleton has assembled a tough lineup to play against that is one of the top defensive teams in the league and has a good mix of youngsters and vets.

It all starts in goal with what is probably the best goalie in SHL history in John Mcbride. As if that wasn't enough to keep the puck out of the net the jets also have a solid D core with the likes of Myers, Weber, and Uppercut. It's hardly a wonder why they let so few goals in.

Up front they have managed to stay young and develop solid draft picks such as Brandon Donini, Hall, Brovalchuk and many more!

While this may be the best Jets team to date, look for them to only get better.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

To decide which Jets team is the best out of them all is very tough question to ask. The season 1 team held 5 Hall Of Famers the depth of the organization pales in comparison to many of the year after that. Season 6 had a few big names but lacked depth of other squads as well. Which is why i think if the Jets take the cup home S12 they will be considered the best if they lose there just like any other stacked team that failed and wont be remembered.

First you start in net where the Jets have one of the best SIM hockey league keeper. Second you move to the back end veteran Myers is among the leagues best D well Weber Uppercut and Mortallaro are all young and still have plenty of room to grow. Next is upfront they have living legend Ron Mexico, followed by Hall Brovalchuk both in the prime of there careers and 2 young stars in Donnini and Riggs. This team has plenty of room to grow and could surpass the S12 Jets if they win the cup but for now S1 remains the best till this core wins a challenge cup.

Word Count 195

West Kendall

It depends. If Winnipeg win a cup this season then yes they are the best but if they don't then I'm going to say no. The reasosn I say no is because when they won the cup back in S7 they had an allstar team. They had stars in Krecji Kovalenko Thomas Uppercut McBride Mexico Cuff Teztifies player (can't remember name) and overall they were a great team. Also this season their former star player has been getting killed by old age. Ron Mexico is now old and tired and is time to retire very soon. He was a huge part about my decision because he was a great player back then and now I think that Walsh could score more goals Wink.

Comparing the modern SHL to that of the original series is not a journey that I want to embark upon, so instead I will highlight the three main reasons why I think this current generation of Jets has the makings of a new dynasty.

Youth:
Brandon Donini and Luke Riggs are two of the premier players drafted in S11; retaining them both long term should be something the Jets front office bends over backwards to work out, as they are starting to really come into their own and have the makings of being an elite tandem down the line.

Elite Talent:
Jordan Hall, Armin Brovalchuk and Willie Weber have become household names in their relatively short time in the league, already some of the top players in the league, with age on their side there is no telling where they will lead this team.

Legends: Ron Mexico and John McBride. That is all.

I for one do not think that these jets are the best. I think that the best jets was when they got brovalchuck and hall. That season was the most active season when I was on the jets. We went from complete inactive LR to a very very active LR and it was a very enjoyable place to be. Not only was the LR a great place but we were good on the ice. I liked the S7 Jets more then the S12 jets as well because we had a great group of guys there that season. We won the cup that sdason and I loveed that season because it was one of Cuffs best playoff performances if not the best. I am not saying that the S12 jets are bad because they are nowhere near being a bad team they are the best and always will be the best.

[Image: cuffana.png]

This years Jets team may certainly be the best Jets team ever. When these guys show up every night, they show up ready to play.

They built from the net out. Defense wins championships and with the Jets it is no different. John McBride may be the best SHL goalie of all time; he certainly has the TPE to show forth. Not to mention the defensive power that is Willie "The Destroyer" Weber. A team that can keep the other team from putting the puck in the net will win 11/10 games. That's right, shutouts will win more than 100% of the time.

The Jets are also strong on the front line with Season 1 center, Ron Mexico and new SHL stars, Donini and Brovalchuck and Hall. These guys can share the puck, score the goals and help the Jets win.

There may never have been a Jets team quite like this one. And there may not be in the future. What McBride, Weber, Donini and Hall are doing for this team is phenomenal. The future is brighter than it has ever been for the storied Jets franchise.
Code:
188 words

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

I do indeed think that this team is the best Winnipeg Jets lineup iced. They have one of the league's best goaltenders in John McBride, a perennial leading scorer in Ron Mexico and young stars like Brandon Donini on their roster. They've brought in guys like Zach Myers to strengthen the back end with Willie Weber and moved out Smirnov to acquire Luke Riggs, a very promising prospect. In past years they have fallen short of the cup but I don't think they will this year. They have talent throughout their roster and very solid depth, I do indeed believe this is the best Winnipeg Jets team ever iced.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Which was the better team; the season one Winnipeg Jets or the season twelve Winnipeg Jets? I would have to say the season twelve lineup is the cream of the crop for the Jets. What a lot of people need to remember is that I'm comparing a season one team; a team of young players fairly new to hockey and the league, and so were the rest of the teams for that matter. Therefore the season could be construed as being hectic and irregular if you compare it to future seasons and teams with older more experienced players. If we compare the two teams strength and activity wise, I believe the season twelve Jets are by far the better team. They have the player depth to back my claims; McBride, Weber, Myers, Hall, Brovalchuk, Mexico, Gio, and Donini. How can't you think this season’s edition of the Jets is the best yet?

Do I think this season Jets are the best ever?

Thats a very good question, if you had to look at the differences in previous editions of the Jets, it would come down to goalies, defense and forwards..

Forwards:

This has to go to this seasons Jets, there stacked up front. With a legend by the name of Mexico and young stars like Hall and company the Jets of this season are hands down the best group of Jets forward ever, no team can handle to hold all this talent under controll and this has shown since they made it to the Challenge cup.

Defense:

With the stars named Willie Weber and Lance Uppercut, these 2 can shutdown any top line of forwards night in and night out which is amazing becuse these two players havent even hit the end of their prime yet which is always a good thing.

Goalie:

And with this Ill go with the best goalie inSHL history John McBride. Hes an animal and hes pretty much all maxed out which helps alittle bit in this choice. He gives you the chance to win night in and night out and thats all you can ask of your goalie, and thats great.

Code:
211 words

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

The Jets have always been a household name of any hockey fan. And for years the team has continually competed for the Challenge Cup. A team that has been fuelled by magnificent skill and superb goaltending. This year the Jets have found themselves in the finals again, powered by a young squad that holds outstanding talent. However, as good as this team is this year, they are not the top Jets team that has ever put on a Winnipeg jersey.

The early days of the big 3; Karpotsov, Skovy, and McDonald will always be the best Jets team to ever play. Having hose 3 solidified the Jets a playoff spot. With a roster of the 3 gifted Hall of Famers, the matter of depth and goaltending mattered little. Karpotsovs unmatched passing to McDonald and Skovy drove teams mad and it created plays that you just don't see these days.

149 words

Many can say that a player or representative describing the Jets and their success would be somewhat bias. I would agree as well but that doesn't mean that this team's track record doesn't say enough. Since Terry Bullis has been here, he has loved his stay. The team chemistry is incredible even when the team struggles and in only his third season, it is his second finals appearance (and hopefully first championship).

The goaltending has always been amazing and the rock hard defensive all-around play makes this team dreadful to play against. After all, defense does win championships! They have been to the big dance time and time again, and with guys like Donini and Hall they are always tough to play against. With the likes of Bullis added to the roster, he is the 3rd line center à la Jordan Staal of the SHL.

words: 145

The S12 Jets have everything you need to win a championship, I am not sure if they are the best team in the league. But there is no doubt that their roster is full of talent.

With John McBride between the pipes they might have the best goaltender in the league. The defense with players like Myers, Weber and Uppercut. Especially Weber is one of the best blue liners allready even he is still young.
And of course the forwards aswell. Dimini, Hall and Brovalchuck for example. Young skilled player with much talent nd still upside.
Winnipeg will be a power house for years and has great chances to win right now.

Words 112

There have been many great Jets teams in the past, there's no denying that. But what sets this season's edition of Winnipeg apart is their overwhelming activity and support of their club.

There are many active players in the SHL. There's also no disputing that. But perhaps there is no more active team than the Winnipeg Jets as of now. Everybody is excited about the finals, everybody is willing to do their best to ensure victory, and everybody is willing to stick with it until the very end, they're in it for the long haul. They also have many players who are having their best seasons yet, one of them, notably, being John McBride, and another being newcomer Luke Riggs. I firmly believe a truly great team begins at the center and goalie positions, which is why the Jets are so great in my opinion.

Code:
147 words, FWIW

Since joining the league I've seen many inferior teams during their respective seasons, now I'd have to say the season twelve Jets are very impressive when it comes to their play and performance. I don't know how to really compare them, simply because we're in season twelve and so much has changed since the Jets joined the league and truthfully it does look like they'll be the best the Jets will ever be.

Not to put them down but I don't see this continuing to be their overall best performance but it will stick around for a few seasons. When more changes happen to the sim engine, when more changes happen to the template and when more changes happen to the league, we'll see likely another side of the Jets we don't see right now.