Create Account

Trade Deadline 2014

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Mar 4 2014, 08:54 PM
Kelly Moore ‏@KMooreOnSports  12m
Sources say Vanek to San Jose ahead of tonight's game vs #NHLJets

Monstrous!

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Mar 4 2014, 08:50 PM

Yeah I read that too, along with Markov. Pretty fkn ridiculous if u ask me.

Disagree. We still very much need Markov and our D would be in a bad way without him. Beaulieu is no where near ready to replace Markov's production (3rd on our team), and he will be useful in mentoring both Beaulieu and Tinordi as they become full timers.

As for Gionta, I wouldn't mind letting him walk but realistically, if he's played on the 3rd line it's not a huge deal. He has been reliable defensively if nothing else, granted the guy can't score anymore.

Trading for Vanek would be a huuuuuuuuuuuge mistake for us, imo. Would cost too much and we're not at that level yet.

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Mar 4 2014, 08:54 PM

Weaver to replace Markov I suppose. Right handed veteran, reliable. Its not the best fit but I think we've got a solid team game for defense and arguably top 3 goalie.

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Weaver
Bouillon - Tinordi

Thats a nice cellar dweller defense right there.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 4 2014, 07:52 PM

No please

Would rather go Rakell (They want a 20-25 NHL Ready Center in return) than Etem

That was before they acquired Shawn Mattias earlier today.

If it's not Etem it's Silfverberg though, and I'd much prefer to keep Silfverberg in Anaheim.

I could see Rakell and Vatanen being swapped though.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Mar 4 2014, 07:57 PM

That was before they acquired Shawn Mattias earlier today.

If it's not Etem it's Silfverberg though, and I'd much prefer to keep Silfverberg in Anaheim. 

I could see Rakell and Vatanen being swapped though.

I've heard Etem is untouchable so I don't see him moving. I would see Bones before Etem or Silvfer tbh. He becomes a bit of an outlier with Kesler

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Mar 4 2014, 07:54 PM
Kelly Moore ‏@KMooreOnSports  12m
Sources say Vanek to San Jose ahead of tonight's game vs #NHLJets

SHARKS

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 4 2014, 07:58 PM

I've heard Etem is untouchable so I don't see him moving. I would see Bones before Etem or Silvfer tbh. He becomes a bit of an outlier with Kesler

Getzlaf-Kesler-Bonino is money. He's the one I'd call untouchable. Koivu doesn't have that much longer in the tank.

Personally, I don't think an AHL player is going to be a holdup for getting the elite second line center that the Ducks have lacked since 2007.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Mar 4 2014, 08:01 PM

Getzlaf-Kesler-Bonino is money. He's the one I'd call untouchable. Koivu doesn't have that much longer in the tank. 

Personally, I don't think an AHL player is going to be a holdup for getting the elite second line center that the Ducks have lacked since 2007.
We've got Perreault too, don't forget about him. I think Etem is going to be a huge stud especially since he's from Cali he's the hometown boy.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Mar 4 2014, 08:49 PM
@Habs fans

Plan is to re-sign Gionta, according to TVA. So that's all very unlikely.

Fuck.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Also, Montreal needs Markov still no doubt about it.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 4 2014, 08:03 PM

We've got Perreault too, don't forget about him. I think Etem is going to be a huge stud especially since he's from Cali he's the hometown boy.

Kesler >>>>>>>>>> Perreault. He can sit in the press box for all I care lol if Kesler is on the team.

Etem could be a huge stud, but Kesler is already one. Shouldn't at all be at hold up. Proven is better than potential anyday of the week.

More trades are gonna happen today than tomorrow

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Mar 4 2014, 08:56 PM

Thats a nice cellar dweller defense right there.

Im not saying its good, but itll do for now. Markov cant skate anymore, he's better than most on the team but not for long. I think that D would do until Tinordi and Beaulieu start stepping up next season. If it gets us Vanek I'd rather trade Markov and Eller/Desharnais

A strong Offense, a hell of a goalie, with a young defense. Give it a couple of seasons and it'll be huge.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Mar 4 2014, 08:09 PM

Kesler >>>>>>>>>> Perreault. He can sit in the press box for all I care lol if Kesler is on the team.

Etem could be a huge stud, but Kesler is already one. Shouldn't at all be at hold up. Proven is better than potential anyday of the week.
I just Love Etem so much Crybaby

Ducks Talk ‏@DucksTalkShow 27m
Take it for what it is, sounds like VAN wants Etem and a first rounder for Kesler. Ducks would most likely say yes to that.