Create Account

Introducing: Championship Week

So I go to sleep and go to school. That results in me missing a PT? The fuck.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Jan 11 2013, 01:07 AM
I have a hard time taking someone with 900+ TPE serious when they complain about there being too much TPE.

Well that's exactly the thing: I coud've never gotten to 900+ TPE so quickly if there wouldn't have been so many (uncapped) TPE handed out Wink. I didn't exactly put in an insane amount of worked but still managed to max out every important attribut after 3-4 seasons... And I just think that's problematic.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Jan 10 2013, 06:14 PM
So I go to sleep and go to school. That results in me missing a PT? The fuck.

Please read the thread.

honestly for people complaining about not being able to do it, you're not missing out on much, you still get a crack at the next four and unfortunately there was nothing we could do as we had to wait to post it until the end of the previous series, and lock it before the start of the next one.

OC, I understand your vision, but that's not what this league is, I'm sorry if that disappoints you. We are most certainly looking to control the number of points handed out, yes, but we don't want to make it so you have to spend too much time here to have a good player.

oc what are some things you like about this league?

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 11 2013, 01:28 AM
honestly for people complaining about not being able to do it, you're not missing out on much, you still get a crack at the next four and unfortunately there was nothing we could do as we had to wait to post it until the end of the previous series, and lock it before the start of the next one.

OC, I understand your vision, but that's not what this league is, I'm sorry if that disappoints you. We are most certainly looking to control the number of points handed out, yes, but we don't want to make it so you have to spend too much time here to have a good player.

I totally understand that, a league like this shouldn't be about having to spend as much time as possible here so you end up with the best player. But replacing "spending a lot of time to get a good player" with "spending litte time but still get a very good player" just won't work either. We need some better middle ground than this imho.

I get from your posts that you are not a big fan of writing PT, I hope I understood this correctly? So you'd like to replace the (capped) writing PTs we have every season with easier PTs, like Predictions, right? I just want to clarify this so I don't read your posts wrong.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

It would be nice to replace writing PTs with shorter PTs that don't take writing essays to get a handful of points... that is the one thing I like about the league.

The big problem I had was giving away points for things that are unrelated to the leagues... IE - NFL and etc.. so I don't have an issue with giving TPE away for league related events and special events like this.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

If I were doing it, I would make it a hard cap at 30 points, limit uncapped points (use them as bonuses once in a while, keep them in Twitter, add a monthly lottery, stuff like that, plus obviously Championship Week), and instead of having 3 or 4 big point tasks for the season, I'd have a high amount of point tasks worth fewer points so that everyone can earn them and the most active members are rewarded for doing all of the point tasks.

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Jan 11 2013, 01:37 AM
oc what are some things you like about this league?

I like this league a lot, that's why I'm trying to constantly improve it and make sure that it survives. I always find it sad to see that so many can't seem to understand that you are especially critical towards the things you love, because you want to see them flourish and you want just the best for them Wink

Things I like about this league: The whole system of building a player and improving him which is so different than all the manager leagues, my teammates who are just awesome and who I feel great loyalty to, the fact that I get to know new people here all the time, getting a chance to improve my english by working on articles and such, having fun on here with people I know from real life, just talking via PM or around the boards... Well I think this should be enough Wink

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

And this is coming from someone who can write, I love writing and I can sit there and write thousands of words that are meaningful within an hour. But that's not what people want and I don't want this league to be about that.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 10 2013, 06:38 PM

I totally understand that, a league like this shouldn't be about having to spend as much time as possible here so you end up with the best player. But replacing "spending a lot of time to get a good player" with "spending litte time but still get a very good player" just won't work either. We need some better middle ground than this imho.

I get from your posts that you are not a big fan of writing PT, I hope I understood this correctly? So you'd like to replace the (capped) writing PTs we have every season with easier PTs, like Predictions, right? I just want to clarify this so I don't read your posts wrong.

I won't be completely erasing them.. I have my own plan.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 11 2013, 01:47 AM
If I were doing it, I would make it a hard cap at 30 points, limit uncapped points (use them as bonuses once in a while, keep them in Twitter, add a monthly lottery, stuff like that, plus obviously Championship Week), and instead of having 3 or 4 big point tasks for the season, I'd have a high amount of point tasks worth fewer points so that everyone can earn them and the most active members are rewarded for doing all of the point tasks.

So basically what I proposed here Wink?

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=19498

Looks like we are actually pretty close on this matter and just fail to see it :lol:

I also thought that the last PTs we had where way too long. Having more but shorter PTs would give the members the freedom to participate in the type of PTs that they like, rather than forcing them into big writing tasks or having them do just predictions.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

basically like that, yeah.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 10 2013, 05:17 PM

Well that's exactly the thing: I coud've never gotten to 900+ TPE so quickly if there wouldn't have been so many (uncapped) TPE handed out Wink. I didn't exactly put in an insane amount of worked but still managed to max out every important attribut after 3-4 seasons... And I just think that's problematic.

same, i prob put the least effort out of everyone is super maxed out.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsyhasballsy@Jan 10 2013, 10:30 PM

same, i prob put the least effort out of everyone is super maxed out.
Yeah writing 4000 word articles is no effort at all, especially with your grammar.