Create Account

Poll: Vote.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes to Grim's idea
0%
0 0%
Yes to update scale, but different one
0%
0 0%
No update scale
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Update scale

i would agree to implimenting this scale but suggest that we change over to it once the season is done. as a rookie in the NWJHl withing the next week i will likely have have my defnse already at 99 and the season didn't even start yet.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

My only problem is updating everything in the fkn sim..

Im going to need everyone who has the sim to help out with one team each.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Jan 27 2012, 11:26 AM
My only problem with doing it midseason is won't it be double the work for the updaters? They'll have to update the player under the current, non-scale, then update the player under the new scale, correct?

I think what would happen is that people would be informed that the update scale will be put in place and during the season they can get their own players ready. Then they can post their players or whatever but not have them changed til next season.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Nice to see this being discussed. Obviously I'm for it. One thing I think should be mentioned, is this should help scoring in some way, as no longer will the majority of goaltenders have 99 in most key attributes.

IMO this shouldn't start tell next season

Quote:Originally posted by grimreaper@Jan 27 2012, 12:25 PM
Nice to see this being discussed. Obviously I'm for it. One thing I think should be mentioned, is this should help scoring in some way, as no longer will the majority of goaltenders have 99 in most key attributes.
and defensemen

I think this would be more of a sim problem, but what about more subgenres of player types? Butterfly goalie, stand up. and also, for example, a grinder with 99 scoring will still only score around 5 or 6 goals

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jan 27 2012, 11:13 AM

To respond to your post

2. I think the reason why scoring is hard to come by for some players is because of the amount of players who are maxed out in everything. I think if we do implement and update scale, the scoring will remain fine because people will be specialized and then line chemistry makes a huge difference.

3. I disagree with this. One major reason is that the updators won't be doing the majority of the job, in fact, I don't think they'll be doing anything... If they inform the league of implementing the update scale, then each player will tally the amount of points they have, set everything back to it's original value and add their own points accordingly.
If I don't have to update it, then that's fine. If I do, though, that's going to be an issue.

Quote:Originally posted by Tylar@Jan 27 2012, 12:05 PM
So if we did this, We'd basically have to re-distribute all points that are over 80 or all points in general?

I posted this in the wrong thread ^ It'll probably get answered here, rather then disscussion forum.

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Quote:Originally posted by Tylar@Jan 27 2012, 07:39 PM

I posted this in the wrong thread  ^ It'll probably get answered here, rather then disscussion forum.

That's one thing I was also thinking about. We don't have to take all the points away from players so that they can redistribute, we could just take them away from the attributes that are above 80, and set them down to 80. All points gained in that process can than be redistributed.

It should be less work for the Updaters and those who have check the points and it would also prevent players from changing their style completely.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 27 2012, 01:46 PM

That's one thing I was also thinking about. We don't have to take all the points away from players so that they can redistribute, we could just take them away from the attributes that are above 80, and set them down to 80. All points gained in that process can than be redistributed.

It should be less work for the Updaters and those who have check the points and it would also prevent players from changing their style completely.

All attributes should be brought back down to 50(62 for discipline) and people should start over from scratch. Points become valuable with the update scale and I have checking and Defense at 80. Maybe if I want to be an elite offensive forward, I may need those 60 points. I tried a test of this on my player with the TPE I had and believe me, it was tough and I definitely needed all the points. So I don't think stats should just drop down to 80, all points should be in the member's full control to redistribute

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jan 27 2012, 03:36 PM

All attributes should be brought back down to 50(62 for discipline) and people should start over from scratch. Points become valuable with the update scale and I have checking and Defense at 80. Maybe if I want to be an elite offensive forward, I may need those 60 points. I tried a test of this on my player with the TPE I had and believe me, it was tough and I definitely needed all the points. So I don't think stats should just drop down to 80, all points should be in the member's full control to redistribute
Yeahthat

We have to remember that this is going to affect the overall build. When you have 99 scoring, passing, skating and puckhandling, you are going to start distributing new points in different ways than you would if they weren't up there. It definitely behooves us to make sure everyone gets all the points to work with.

Updaters shouldn't have to do anything, everyone should just remake their player page. I mean we might have a trust issue but I'm sure someone could do the math to make sure.

How about

50-60 - 1 Point
60-70 - 2 Points
70-80 - 3 Points
80-90 - 4 Points
90-99 - 5 Points

That would be ideal I think. Mid 80's would be the old 99's, where if you want a player with a 90+ in any stat it would take an obscene amount of work to get it there.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Joker582@Jan 27 2012, 05:21 PM
How about

50-60 - 1 Point
60-70 - 2 Points
70-80 - 3 Points
80-90 - 4 Points
90-99 - 5 Points

That would be ideal I think. Mid 80's would be the old 99's, where if you want a player with a 90+ in any stat it would take an obscene amount of work to get it there.

That's harsher than the VHL, lmao.