Yes

Quote:Originally posted by Kaisonious@Oct 10 2017, 10:53 AM

Yes
Def not

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

So many people are quick to throw out the "GMs are a position lots of people want so it shouldn't be paid" thing.

But like, pretty much every cool job is a position people want that pay a lot of money. Like veternarians, strippers, dentists, nascar drivers, NFL QBs, NHL GMs (!Wink, The sham-wow guy.....

I mean, the point of my earlier post was literally to open up other various positions throughout the league for other members like bankers, updaters, etc. Again, its been said, but a lot of my SHL time is dedicated to being a GM, then updating my player, and then i need a way to make money so i do the banking stuff. If i'm getting my $5 million from being a GM, which i personally do more than enough work in that job to earn (and im sure a lot of others do as well), i can let a newer member be a banker or something. I don't have time anymore to write the 4000-5000 word articles i did when i started on the site, so i need to make my cash elsewhere.

The point of "but its a fun job!" is stupid. It's still a job. And it's time consuming. It's a lot of fun, for sure, but it still takes up time. There's excel spreadsheet nerds out there that love the idea of banking and have fun doing it. It shouldn't seem so ludacris to think GMs should be paid, especially when it helps out the league for giving other members jobs on the site.

If you think $5 million is "too much", how about everyone gets a base salary of $3.5 million, and you earn bonuses based on your team's performance? First place in the season? $2 million bonus! Win the Cup? $1 million bonus! Things like that.

But if you make the base salary too low ($2-3M), then i'd just keep my banker job too because that pay isn't enough. Performance based GM bonuses could be fun though, for sure. Then you'd have to really work for some sweet cash. or luck into it. But the GMs i know would be busting their asses a little bit more for those bonuses.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@Oct 10 2017, 08:56 AM
I agree with this. Not so much because I'd get paid then, but then GMs wouldn't need to also hold other jobs on the site and we can give other members those positions. Using myself as the example:

I spend a LOT of time per week setting up lines, testing, scouting, helping my players with builds, etc.

And then I still have to do the banking stuff so I can get that cool 5.5 million.

If you pay me that to do the GM work, I can give up my bank slot to a non-GM member who could use the cash.

I asked for banker applications (and I got a bunch and need to decide, I know), and half of them were GMs needing cash.

I think paying SHL/SMJHL GMs $5 million a season isn't a bad thing.
We toyed with paying IIHF Fed Heads $3 million too.

Implementing these will help the league as a whole.
It'll help spread the wealth around.

Might want to focus on getting bank deposits processed or accept more applicants for these. Some deposits haven't been processed since Sept. 18.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Zoone16@Oct 10 2017, 03:11 PM

Might want to focus on getting bank deposits processed or accept more applicants for these. Some deposits haven't been processed since Sept. 18.
When's that award ceremony again? Wink

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Oct 10 2017, 06:24 PM
Even just 3m would be alright [b]on the condition that they can't hold any other jobs[/b]

This.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Ace@Oct 10 2017, 03:21 PM

When's that award ceremony again?  Wink

ask <a href='index.php?showuser=2585' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Coach Biz</a> he's the one hosting it. Results are tallied and ready to go at this point.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Agreed not bias at all

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81+Oct 10 2017, 02:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (JKortesi81 @ Oct 10 2017, 02:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So many people are quick to throw out the "GMs are a position lots of people want so it shouldn't be paid" thing.

But like, pretty much every cool job is a position people want that pay a lot of money. Like veternarians, strippers, dentists, nascar drivers, NFL QBs, NHL GMs (!Wink, The sham-wow guy.....

I mean, the point of my earlier post was literally to open up other various positions throughout the league for other members like bankers, updaters, etc. Again, its been said, but a lot of my SHL time is dedicated to being a GM, then updating my player, and then i need a way to make money so i do the banking stuff. If i'm getting my $5 million from being a GM, which i personally do more than enough work in that job to earn (and im sure a lot of others do as well), i can let a newer member be a banker or something. I don't have time anymore to write the 4000-5000 word articles i did when i started on the site, so i need to make my cash elsewhere.

The point of "but its a fun job!" is stupid. It's still a job. And it's time consuming. It's a lot of fun, for sure, but it still takes up time. There's excel spreadsheet nerds out there that love the idea of banking and have fun doing it. It shouldn't seem so ludacris to think GMs should be paid, especially when it helps out the league for giving other members jobs on the site.

If you think $5 million is "too much", how about everyone gets a base salary of $3.5 million, and you earn bonuses based on your team's performance? First place in the season? $2 million bonus! Win the Cup? $1 million bonus! Things like that.

But if you make the base salary too low ($2-3M), then i'd just keep my banker job too because that pay isn't enough. Performance based GM bonuses could be fun though, for sure. Then you'd have to really work for some sweet cash. or luck into it. But the GMs i know would be busting their asses a little bit more for those bonuses.[/b]
Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@Oct 10 2017, 02:38 PM<br />So many people are quick to throw out the "GMs are a position lots of people want so it shouldn't be paid" thing.

The point of "but its a fun job!" is stupid. It's still a job. And it's time consuming. It's a lot of fun, for sure, but it still takes up time. There's excel spreadsheet nerds out there that love the idea of banking and have fun doing it. It shouldn't seem so [b]ludacris
to think GMs should be paid, especially when it helps out the league for giving other members jobs on the site.

But if you make the base salary too low ($2-3M), then i'd just keep my banker job too because that pay isn't enough. Performance based GM bonuses could be fun though, for sure. Then you'd have to really work for some sweet cash. or luck into it. But the GMs i know would be busting their asses a little bit more for those bonuses.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-JKortesi81@Oct 10 2017, 02:38 PM
So many people are quick to throw out the "GMs are a position lots of people want so it shouldn't be paid" thing.

The point of "but its a fun job!" is stupid. It's still a job. And it's time consuming. It's a lot of fun, for sure, but it still takes up time. There's excel spreadsheet nerds out there that love the idea of banking and have fun doing it. It shouldn't seem so [b]ludacris
to think GMs should be paid, especially when it helps out the league for giving other members jobs on the site.

But if you make the base salary too low ($2-3M), then i'd just keep my banker job too because that pay isn't enough. Performance based GM bonuses could be fun though, for sure. Then you'd have to really work for some sweet cash. or luck into it. But the GMs i know would be busting their asses a little bit more for those bonuses.[/b][/quote]

Idk why, but this legit makes me happy.

Also <a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a> because “ludapris” would have also been an acceptable spelling

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Oct 10 2017, 12:23 PM

Correction.

Also, no. GMs don't need to be paid. Supply and Demand. The only reason to start paying is if there was a shortage of applicants or qualified candidates. The ones who want to do it won't care about the money, while being paid would be nice. Still, there isn't any justification for paying the most coveted jobs in the league.
work should be paid seems like a pretty easy justification to me.

Quote:Originally posted by spooked@Oct 10 2017, 03:23 PM

work should be paid seems like a pretty easy justification to me.

Pay for performance

[Image: Wally.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Oct 10 2017, 04:28 PM

Pay for performance
I just remembered what do the SHL gms get TPE for every season?

honest question

nevermind, went and looked! mock draft replacement Wink

Another honest question, why would we NOT pay the GMs? All I see are people saying why we don't have to pay them, but not why we shouldn't pay them. It's 2017, we can pay people for their time spent.

I mostly agree with this suggestion, have thought that for a long time actually. Sure, General Manager is one of the most prestigious positions in the league so we don't need to pay people to make them interested in the job, nor should money ever be a factor that makes someone interested in GM'ing in the first place.

However, if you are a super engaged, hands-on GM that constantly aims to communicate with his players, works on his lines and talks trade a lot, updates his budget, keeps track of his picks, makes scouting lists etc then chances are that you don't have the time or the energy after a while to keep pumping out articles or take on additional jobs on top of your GM job. I think it would only be fair to pay GMs an extra $2-3 million or so a season which, along with contract money, allows them to buy decent training without having to take on even more league tasks.

At the same time, I don't think that this is a huge issue though. I doubt that there are many GMs who actually have money problems as there are lots of additional ways to make some extra cash around here without having to put in much work. And since you need to be a very engaged member to even become GM in the first place, chances are that you have a good bit of money saved up anyway. Also, the last thing we want is for people who don't have the time anymore to hold on to their GM job just for the money. I don't think it's something that is very likely to happen, but it's still a risk that could come with this.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by spooked@Oct 10 2017, 03:34 PM
Another honest question, why would we NOT pay the GMs? All I see are people saying why we don't have to pay them, but not why we shouldn't pay them. It's 2017, we can pay people for their time spent.

I honestly understand either way. When I took the Portland job I saw it more of a privilege than a job tho.

But yes, I fucked that up.

[Image: Wally.png]