Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Second Round

- Winnipeg came out of the other side of a very hard-fought seven-game series with Edmonton and will now be facing a well-rested Los Angeles team. Talk about the potential highlights you think this long-awaited series might see, whether it’s a surprising breakout player, a marquee fight matchup, or just good old playoff hockey.

I think one of the keys to the series will be the play of Timo Haas. A hot goalie makes a big difference in the post-season. Haas was on fire in round 1 and a big reason for LA moving past a good Calgary offense. Winnipeg has an even higher powered offense, so if Haas can have a similar performance in this series, LA has a great chance of moving on to the finals.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Quote: Winnipeg came out of the other side of a very hard-fought seven-game series with Edmonton and will now be facing a well-rested Los Angeles team. Talk about the potential highlights you think this long-awaited series might see, whether it’s a surprising breakout player, a marquee fight matchup, or just good old playoff hockey

This is a difficult thing for me, I was drafted by the Peg and my A/GM at Colorado my friend <a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a> ...Even though I never suited up for them I have a strong preference to that bunch of cheese dogs.
Now they were pushed to the brink by Edm. So the natural inclination is to go with the rested L.A. And the home of my GM at Colorado <a href='index.php?showuser=2297' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>InciteHysteria</a> and this is the final season of goalie Timo Haas so I have a a sentimental pull for L.A.

So a Sensational Old Time Hockey Series...Eddie Shore.....no putting on foil...no Slapshot 5 : The SHL .
I just want it to go 7.

Quote:Originally posted by adamantium@Mar 3 2018, 02:43 PM

This is the only media that matters. I don't care what anyone else says tbh the shitpost articles are a benefit to this site.

But also long-form storytelling shit is cool too. As someone who's big into worldbuilding and storytelling, I love learning things about people from their own descriptions and experiences.

What if we take the best of both worlds. We create storytelling shitposting stories. MIND BLOWN

Lately, we’ve been seeing an influx of... interesting pieces come out in the media sections, such as the predictive text articles from earlier this week. What have been some of your favorite media pieces that you’ve seen over the past few seasons? Over your career? What makes a good media piece on the site?

Good Media should be compelling, gripping. It should draw you in and make you want to know more? Deep, rich articles that are complex and add depth to the characters involved.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

- Lately, we’ve been seeing an influx of... interesting pieces come out in the media sections, such as the predictive text articles from earlier this week. What have been some of your favorite media pieces that you’ve seen over the past few seasons? Over your career? What makes a good media piece on the site?

I think the best, highest quality media were definitely the “Goodbye St Louis” media pieces from Ace, TDZ, Bluesfan55, and myself after we lost to the Detroit Falcons for about the sixth time. These pieces were so heartfelt and I would consider them art. I have been trying to convince other players leaving St. Louis to write more quality media like the original four.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-74'>crutch</a> agrees

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

- Winnipeg came out of the other side of a very hard-fought seven-game series with Edmonton and will now be facing a well-rested Los Angeles team. Talk about the potential highlights you think this long-awaited series might see, whether it’s a surprising breakout player, a marquee fight matchup, or just good old playoff hockey.

While the talent goes to Winnipeg... Momentum lies with Los Angeles and what im looking to see is if LAP can continue to find ways to unleash Sophia Bennett in the same way she controlled the game in there match up with Calgary. They need someone to step up and and be someone which Winnipeg game plans around... and Bennett could be that player in this match up.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I don't really ever look at the media section but one of the best things I happened to catch was the proposed rebrand for the Blizzard that someone did. It was all very cool aesthetically and interesting to see the reasoning behind everything.

[Image: benoconnor.gif]
[Image: H9wdMVb.png?1]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png]

- In the East, Minnesota will have to get through a dynastic New England roster in order to get to their first Challenge Cup Finals appearance since S18. Who do you think will be the most important player from each team throughout this series, and which team has what it takes to make it back to the finals?

Laukkanen will need to play well for the Wolfpack. Laukkanen had some bad games in the first round, but towards the end, looked pretty stellar. Nova will need to continue scoring like crazy. It might come down to a battle of Laukkanen vs. Nova et al..

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

- Lately, we’ve been seeing an influx of... interesting pieces come out in the media sections, such as the predictive text articles from earlier this week. What have been some of your favorite media pieces that you’ve seen over the past few seasons? Over your career? What makes a good media piece on the site?

I think bojo's box is the best media to ever come to the site. The rest of us suck.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Winnipeg crushes LAP imo

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Quote:- Lately, we’ve been seeing an influx of... interesting pieces come out in the media sections, such as the predictive text articles from earlier this week. What have been some of your favorite media pieces that you’ve seen over the past few seasons? Over your career? What makes a good media piece on the site?

I find the best media to be a well thought out piece that goes beyond the statistics and tells us a story about a player we wouldn't be able to know without it!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

One of my favorite media pieces to read, are either when some people do complete redrafts of seasons, but another I would love to see that I have not seen yet that I would enjoy seeing is a complete redraft of every team from the beginning. A fun "rebuild" your team

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Quote:Originally posted by StaticShocked@Mar 3 2018, 07:54 AM
Code:

The re-draft articles are some of my favorite articles to read. It's always been an interesting concept to see where people would have gone if the drafts happened today with their current TPE counts and their current reputations around the league.

I'm a big fan of these as well. It gives some respect to the GMs who made good decisions and to the players who exceeded their stock. Can't wait for the S38 one.

- In the East, Minnesota will have to get through a dynastic New England roster in order to get to their first Challenge Cup Finals appearance since S18. Who do you think will be the most important player from each team throughout this series, and which team has what it takes to make it back to the finals?

Two words. Mattias Holmberg. He is the key to the Chiefs winning the cup. He is the only player on the roster to win the cup, and coincidently it was with the Wolfpack. He knows what the team needs to do to go all the way, but more importantly he knows what needs to be done to shutdown the Wolfpack. You won't be hearing any howling from the Wolfpack, but instead only whimpers as they return to New England with their tails tucked in between their legs.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

With the draft coming up, which names stand out the most as potential first-rounders? What about sleeper picks? Make some predictions for how you think the upcoming draft might go.

Names that stand out Otis B. Driftwood and Gottlieb McZehrl, both long time veterans of the SHL. Sleeper picks, my boy Jack Daniels is a pretty quite guy, but is here for the long haul.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]