Create Account

Frustration

10-19-2018, 04:18 PMcpetrella Wrote: @kit its sad that you have to be such a prick on here to feel like you fit in and be cool for your buffalo teammates because from what i saw in OBX you seemed pretty cool

hell yeah brother, cheers from Iraq

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

10-19-2018, 04:56 PMkit Wrote:
10-19-2018, 04:18 PMcpetrella Wrote: @kit its sad that you have to be such a prick on here to feel like you fit in and be cool for your buffalo teammates because from what i saw in OBX you seemed pretty cool

hell yeah brother, cheers from Iraq

cheers dude

10-19-2018, 04:55 PMSamee Wrote: i love randomness in hockey which is fine with sths. some problems is that there isnt a real difference in performance when ur 900+ to 2000. idk
Have you tried comparing actual attributes instead of TPE totals

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 05:13 PM by Hallsy.)

10-19-2018, 04:55 PMSamee Wrote: i love randomness in hockey which is fine with sths. some problems is that there isnt a real difference in performance when ur 900+ to 2000. idk

I always have though when you get past 900 TPE you aren't trying to make your better player because the percentages are small but trying to make your players peak last longer. We could have a stricter updating scale system but that will just kill the semi-active player base some more. also, I think expansion will help the league too just to dilute the talent.

10-19-2018, 05:00 PMcpetrella Wrote:
10-19-2018, 04:56 PMkit Wrote: hell yeah brother, cheers from Iraq

cheers dude

You complained there's a ton of toxic people, most were being chill and you only talk to the guy fucking around. Just letting them know you're someone that gets upset and will engage in stuff.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

10-19-2018, 05:14 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
10-19-2018, 05:00 PMcpetrella Wrote: cheers dude

You complained there's a ton of toxic people, most were being chill and you only talk to the guy fucking around. Just letting them know you're someone that gets upset and will engage in stuff.
THAT’S TOO HARD

BECAUSE TOXIC

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018, 09:02 PM by Hallsy.)

10-19-2018, 04:04 PMSlashACM Wrote: When u troll a thread that has nothing to do with you

Honestly this is just people fuckin around and memeing welcome to the interwebs. If you consider this trollin. lol.

10-19-2018, 05:00 PMcpetrella Wrote: cheers dude

Hey there brother. I understand you’re frustrated. I empathize with your feelings. You make some valid points. That being said, your original post here was a touch irresponsible and probably could have been handled more respectfully. From beginning to end you blame everyone in the league equally. You claim everyone is complicit in dumping toxicity here. You essentially attack the whole league, paragraph after paragraph . This, to me, smacks of the same kind of immaturity and selfishness you want to blame everyone else for.

Most of the major negativity comes from maybe a dozen people here. They happen to be a very vocal minority. I think, in a calmer moment, you would likely agree with that. I would just caution you to slow down next time and measure your words more carefully. Engage in surgical strikes of condescension if you must but hold off from attacking the whole site with shotgun blasts of contempt and exaggeration.

Once again though, you have some valid points. Presented in a more palatable form they could help generate change. Please understand, I do not mean to upset you and have no wish to engage in a back and forth pissing contest. I just think you would benefit from reading posts written in frustration once over before posting them in the future.

Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

trella, don’t let a bunch of assholes get you down. you know you can talk to me if you need to
on the other point, I do find myself straying away from the site more and more. Toxicity is definitely on the rise here.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 11:59 AM by Rabidsponge21.)

Really the issues are the following and continue to be with the current structure.

After 900 TPE everyone becomes the same really.

Max DEF - PH - SC or PA + SK

Checking gives more hits, but generates lots of PIM's over 60-65
Strength helps with getting hit less + FO's? So really only valuable to centers
Endurance effect is next to nil.

So you create a league of lot of similar players.

Those who seem to excel more generally have a few things in common.

1) They are the star of the team with no supporting cast, so they literally do all the scoring but usually suffer int he +/- field
2) They have a supporting cast, and the sim picks one of the 4-5 players playing 21+ mins a game to 'boost' above the rest that season.

The league variety is horribly watered down then, and really besides having career longevity, there is next to zero benefit to earning lots of TPE. Sure I earned what...the 4th most TPE in league history? But point up 30-35 points a season as an offensive defense man. Regression eats away at my TPE fast than most cause its so high, so if I don't fight it aggressively, I really would catch those around me who had 400 less TPE sooner than many think. So what's the point of putting the extra effort in? Playing 2-4 extra seasons maybe? Work vs Reward in this league is too random and really not worth it to be honest.

The leagues archetype system needs to change to a more stricter building system to give actual strengths vs weaknesses and creates more versatile player types. This 3 str + every thing else at 90 stuff doesn't work for creating variety. GoMHL isn't perfect but you can see the effects of EARNING that max TPE vs how your player is built. SHL lacks it.

SHL is effectively current WoW = Work isn't readily rewarded due to the 'randomness' of the sim people keep mentioning. Literally very few incentives to put the extra work in.

In the respect to the TOXIC people, seriously just ignore them. People use the internet to get a rise out of one another for some messed up reason, and when you feed into it, they get enjoyment of it. They were clearly not raised right, and need a mental check because I don't get how people legitmately get off on trying to piss people off on purpose., sure trash talk, and banter, but to go out of their way to say OMEGALUL just to tilt people? Sad times we live in, just ignore them and with nothing to feed the, they will starve and go away.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]