Create Account

Thoughts on free agents

01-11-2019, 06:32 PMEggy216 Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:16 PMDangles13 Wrote: You don't get to choose where you're drafted, if you couldn't leave in free agency you basically become an owned commodity and slavery is illegal here.

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose internet hockey team.

Never gets boring to hang out with the same group of people, in not just one league?

01-11-2019, 06:33 PM.bojo Wrote: Sometimes people just don't know if they want to leave or not. Not gonna ask for a trade if they think it might be ok for them if they give it another shot.

Sure, but don´t you think it´s bit of a dick move to take the good old free agency card out?

01-11-2019, 06:35 PM.bojo Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:32 PMjRuutu Wrote: So you talk to he GM: Yo dawg, I´m not feeling it, I might leave after the season is over.

Gm hears you out, decides to keep your for rest of the season still, hoping that maybe you change your mind, tries to make the place better, but in the end - you still decide to leave. No shame or anything?

At that point the gm should place him on the block. Entertain offers.

What if there word is already out that the player is good as gone after the season - value can´t be too good? Why not do your team a solid and try to get out with as high price as possible?

01-11-2019, 06:33 PMEggy216 Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:28 PMDangles13 Wrote: What gm caters to one player?

@Ace

LMFAO

[Image: 3.png]

01-11-2019, 06:13 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:03 PMSamee Wrote: if a player is seriously looking at free agency, gms will talk to the player. these FA articles dont mean jack shit to the gm of the player when they havent had a real chat. if a gm feels theres a chance he loses a player, the smart thing he will do is trade the player, or if they think theyre that key they make the team more attractive for him to stay. its part of the gms job.

But there is only so much you can do if you are in the rebuild or barely making playoffs category as a team, if the player comes out and says I´m testing free agency and post these articles, value can´t be too high?
not really. unless the players an actual dick and has every team at the bottom like 'no'

players apparent to be hitting fa fetch alot, i once had a good offer on the table for a player like this with like a reddit first+

value barely gets knocked, unless it'd be a deadline deal then it may be a different story.

01-11-2019, 06:43 PMSamee Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:13 PMjRuutu Wrote: But there is only so much you can do if you are in the rebuild or barely making playoffs category as a team, if the player comes out and says I´m testing free agency and post these articles, value can´t be too high?
not really. unless the players an actual dick and has every team at the bottom like 'no'

players apparent to be hitting fa fetch alot, i once had a good offer on the table for a player like this with like a reddit first+

value barely gets knocked, unless it'd be a deadline deal then  it may be a different story.

Are offers like that ´normal´ or was the player almost guaranteed to be top player in the league for some time? And how often do players wait until the trade deadline to come and talk to you about getting traded?

01-11-2019, 06:35 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:32 PMEggy216 Wrote: You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose internet hockey team.

Never gets boring to hang out with the same group of people, in not just one league?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say? I'm only in one league.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

01-11-2019, 06:49 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:43 PMSamee Wrote: not really. unless the players an actual dick and has every team at the bottom like 'no'

value barely gets knocked, unless it'd be a deadline deal then  it may be a different story.

Are offers like that ´normal´ or was the player almost guaranteed to be top player in the league for some time? And how often do players wait until the trade deadline to come and talk to you about getting traded?
offers are quite good, obviously if there was a larger contract there theyd be much better. he is a top player in the league still.

never a trade deadline thing. a gm is fuckin stupid to never contact a player a contract within at least a season of their expiring contract.
a proper GM would contact players about their plans at least a season before about their future with whatever team. at least this is what i did.

01-11-2019, 06:51 PMEggy216 Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:35 PMjRuutu Wrote: Never gets boring to hang out with the same group of people, in not just one league?

pT aFfiLIatIOn wITh iNFeRior leAguES

01-11-2019, 06:28 PMDangles13 Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:26 PMjRuutu Wrote: Why would you leave if the GM is making the place better just for you?

What gm caters to one player?

funny
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 06:57 PM by jRuutu.)

01-11-2019, 06:51 PMEggy216 Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:35 PMjRuutu Wrote: Never gets boring to hang out with the same group of people, in not just one league?

Following your friends into a team? Idea of the draft and whole ´experience´ kinda goes out of the window if you know for sure where you will play in few seasons - no?

01-11-2019, 06:52 PMSamee Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:49 PMjRuutu Wrote: Are offers like that ´normal´ or was the player almost guaranteed to be top player in the league for some time? And how often do players wait until the trade deadline to come and talk to you about getting traded?
offers are quite good, obviously if there was a larger contract there theyd be much better. he is a top player in the league still.

never a trade deadline thing. a gm is fuckin stupid to never contact a player a contract within at least a season of their expiring contract.
a proper GM would contact players about their plans at least a season before about their future with whatever team. at least this is what i did.

Yea, that is what I have hard time to understand with the FA people, why not try to go out when the GM contacts you well before the FA is in the horizon? (Of course if most GMs do the same thing and talk with their players)

01-11-2019, 06:57 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:51 PMEggy216 Wrote: I'm not sure what you're trying to say? I'm only in one league.

Following your friends into a team? Idea of the draft and whole ´experience´ kinda goes out of the window if you know for sure where you will play in few seasons - no?

I guess we just see this in two different ways. The three RFA seasons give you a chance to see how well you fit in with your team, and for your GM to see how you fit in to potential long term plans. I know a lot of people who ended up staying with their SHL teams despite not initially being happy getting drafted there.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

01-11-2019, 07:00 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:52 PMSamee Wrote: offers are quite good, obviously if there was a larger contract there theyd be much better. he is a top player in the league still.

Yea, that is what I have hard time to understand with the FA people, why not try to go out when the GM contacts you well before the FA is in the horizon? (Of course if most GMs do the same thing and talk with their players)
most people do this. and most gms will regardless talk a while before about the ending contract. some gms will tell players that theyd rather invest into named player, others will look towards trade options. depends on the situation. i dont believe from my experience that an fa article ever comes before a talk with gms, unless the gm is really that far out of touch.

Does this mean you’re re-signing?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

01-11-2019, 07:01 PMEggy216 Wrote:
01-11-2019, 06:57 PMjRuutu Wrote: Following your friends into a team? Idea of the draft and whole ´experience´ kinda goes out of the window if you know for sure where you will play in few seasons - no?

I guess we just see this in two different ways. The three RFA seasons give you a chance to see how well you fit in with your team, and for your GM to see how you fit in to potential long term plans. I know a lot of people who ended up staying with their SHL teams despite not initially being happy getting drafted there.

Bit risky to draft certain users with tight connections to certain teams? Which only makes it more likely for those users ending up to the same places as their last players were - they could like the place I´m sure, but we all know what is the most likely thing to happen when you go after a player like that.

´Well that is the GM´s problem then if they don´t even give them a chance´

Yea, sure. Might as well pass, in 4 seasons end result is the same.