Create Account

Leafs 2013-14 Discussion

Quote:Originally posted by mole@Oct 2 2013, 08:43 PM
listening to game on radio; how bad was the penalty shot call
It wasn't. It was the right call.

Bernier making some amazing saves

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 2 2013, 08:58 PM

It wasn't. It was the right call.

Bernier making some amazing saves
the flyers radio guys were bashing it

Quote:Originally posted by mole@Oct 2 2013, 09:03 PM

the flyers radio guys were bashing it
Simmonds on a clean breakaway and Ranger dove at him. Not sure why they'd be bashing it Hmm

Looks like we will have two very solid goalies this season.

Bernier gets next start for sure.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 2 2013, 09:04 PM

Simmonds on a clean breakaway and Ranger dove at him. Not sure why they'd be bashing it Hmm
It wasn't a clear call but it was the right call.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 2 2013, 09:04 PM

Chris Therrien has said for years that he thinks penalty shots are given out too much.

Quote:Originally posted by Flyersfan1493@Oct 2 2013, 09:09 PM

Chris Therrien has said for years that he thinks penalty shots are given out too much.
he's been all over the ref, he just wanted a too many men on the ice call and really wanted a throwing the stick call in the first

Reason why I said it was a mess is because both of them are elite, and the Flyers is much worse, but I don't see how both of the goalies will be able to deal with one another for such a long time because one of them will have to be the starter.

Unlike the Flyers where you just have to not play as bad as the other goalie. :lol:

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Oct 2 2013, 09:07 PM
Looks like we will have two very solid goalies this season.

Bernier gets next start for sure.
I wouldn't be so sure. Out of these two games Bernier's played better but I don't know if he'll get the start over Reimer based on these 2 games

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Oct 2 2013, 09:12 PM
Reason why I said it was a mess is because both of them are elite, and the Flyers is much worse, but I don't see how both of the goalies will be able to deal with one another for such a long time because one of them will have to be the starter.

Unlike the Flyers where you just have to not play as bad as the other goalie. :lol:
Look at Fasth and Hiller. or Giguere and Bryzgalov. Bryz and Giguere went back and forth for a few seasons with Giguere was the starter with Bryz getting quite a few chances. Fasth and Hiller are doing that this season. Fasth is our goalie night one but they'll go back and forth same as last season

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 2 2013, 09:12 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. Out of these two games Bernier's played better but I don't know if he'll get the start over Reimer based on these 2 games
I'm basing it off of these two games alone. I have no idea what Carlyle's formula is. If I was the coach I'm giving Bernier the nod. He has played very well and if we win this, it's because of him.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Oct 2 2013, 09:15 PM

I'm basing it off of these two games alone. I have no idea what Carlyle's formula is. If I was the coach I'm giving Bernier the nod. He has played very well and if we win this, it's because of him.
Yeah with Carlyle it's unpredictable. It depends who he likes more during practice Tongue But yeah Bernier definitely looks stronger the first game but if it continues like this and they're both pretty even I think Reimer gets dealt at the deadline since his contract is expiring. Can't go wrong with either goalie if they keep it up

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 2 2013, 09:13 PM

Look at Fasth and Hiller. or Giguere and Bryzgalov. Bryz and Giguere went back and forth for a few seasons with Giguere was the starter with Bryz getting quite a few chances. Fasth and Hiller are doing that this season. Fasth is our goalie night one but they'll go back and forth same as last season
You have a point <_<

but it's personal opinion, and the fact that Bernier came from a situation where he was the back-up and wants to be the starter, I don't see it working out too much.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Oct 2 2013, 09:16 PM

You have a point <_<

but it's personal opinion, and the fact that Bernier came from a situation where he was the back-up and wants to be the starter, I don't see it working out too much.
Yeah I think both goalies won't be on the team past this season. They want Bernier as the starter I think which is why they traded for him. reimer will have a chance but if they're both close it'd be a bit pointless to keep Reimer when you have Bernier and he's locked up

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 2 2013, 09:20 PM

Yeah I think both goalies won't be on the team past this season. They want Bernier as the starter I think which is why they traded for him. reimer will have a chance but if they're both close it'd be a bit pointless to keep Reimer when you have Bernier and he's locked up
Management has definetly not decided Bernier already. I wouldn't be surprised if Reimer and Bernier battle it out for at least 2 years.

Another dirty win. Not the prettiest game but 2 points is 2 points. Thank Bernier for that game