Create Account

S52 PT #1 - The Anthology Vol. I

The jounrey for michaud started at the age of 3, when he first attended a hockey game. Did he have any idea what was going on at all? Not a fucking clue, but he did like the colors and the guys moving fast on the ice... also the fights were exciting. This got him to ask his parents all the time for the possiblity that he could learn to skate, which his parents begrudgingly allowed him to do just to shut up the stupid kid, as any good parent would. This served him well as he is a good skater at the elite level. Starting skating that early he was quickly recruted to play for the local team, where he stood out even playing with kids above his age. This also served him well, as he was the youngest member on his team, and in hte challenge cup finals this last season where he saw large amounts of minutes on the ice for the Steelhawks.

I'm not sure when you can start calling a family a dynasty, but with Philipp Winter being a 3rd generation SHL player, the Winter's are sure getting close to being one. They are a hockey family for sure and it didn't really come as a surprise to anyone that Philipp followed into the footsteps of his grandfather David and his dad Nicolas. From an early age he was surrounded by hockey players and hockey people, he learned to skate when he could barely even walk and was hitting pucks in his backyard or even the house for as long as he can remember. It's definitely fair to say that he had it easier than most and it would be tempting to argue that maybe he isn't as talented as some of the other people in the league and just had a very comfy road to the SHL, but the teammates he has had along the way would deny that and they would say that he has some of the best dedication and workmanship that they've ever seen.

[Image: Webp-net-resizeimage-1.jpg]

[Image: 60043_s.gif]
Player Page                Update Thread 
Thank you to @Wasty and @frithjofr for a couple great sigs!

As the greatest wrestler of all time the Velveteen Dream has always been an exceptionally gifted athlete and can be the greatest at whatever he chooses to do. Hockey was not my first choice, obviously from my wrestling prowess, but it did come naturally when I decided to lace up some skates. From an early age hockey was not even a thing I knew because all my time was put into being the greatest at other things. So my hockey journey does not begin until right now. I put on some skates and grabbed a stick and like everything else I do I was a natural. I will continue to be the best passer this league has ever seen until maybe one day I feel like scoring then I will dominate that too. Hitting purple rainmakers wherever I see fit like I've done since I was a child. If only I could hit a couple off the top rope on some of these inferior players in the league.

168 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Cassius Darrow was not a naturally talented star from his earliest days, despite his future accolades. He started late with the sport, taking his first steps on the ice when he was 7 years old. He was far from talented, struggling to get the basics of skating down. Darrow remembers vividly his father, Finn, laughing as Cassius struggled, falling flat on his face. The normally taciturn man showed some joy as young Cassius floundered, but turned around and picked him back up, encouraging Cassius to continue trying. Within a year, Cassius began playing hockey, first as a winger. He worked hard to be the best skater he could be, and worked on his positioning. At that time, it never crossed Darrow's mind that he could be a professional hockey player. He expected to follow his family's modest path, his father a German soldier and his mother a washer woman in their small town. Who could have imagined almost 20 years later Darrow would be at the top of his game, a burgeoning star in the SHL.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

[Image: 375x250_upscaled_image_x4.png]
Young Jpb and his sick ass card collection. Yes, he was a CAL fan

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Growing up as a young boy in rural Norway, Jonas wanted to grow up to be a footballer. He was always kicking the ball around and playing with a make shift goal he had constructed with his friends in his home town of Skien. It wasn't until he found about his late mother's past as an amateur hockey player. Her dream was to go pro and eventually play in a women's or co-ed league, but when she became pregnant with Jonas she had to put those plans on hold. After learning this information Jonas vowed to carry his mother's torch and began to practice with her old gear. During the winters he would practice skating and stick and puck work on the frozen ponds near his village, and once he got the hang of things he volunteered to work at a local ice hockey rink in exchange for free ice time. Eventually this lead to him playing for a very minor league hockey team situated in his home town. This is what set Jonas up for his future in the SMJHL and eventually the SHL.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

Growing up in Canada, Maxime never really had an option to not be interested in hockey. It's the same for most young Canadians, it's so ingrained in the culture and the society that if you aren't being involved in the sport you are an outsider. At least that's how Maxime had always perceived it. In the schoolyard it was always the topic of conversation. So naturally his parents had had him in skates since he was extremely young. They even signed up to a local gym that had a skating treadmill so that he could practice properly. It all came reasonably natural to him and he could move no problem. The main issue he had was getting his coordination with his hands whilst also doing complex moves with his blades. But with time the skating became second nature and he could focus on his stick work more comfortably. Maxime was about average for his year group when it came to skill level.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Theo Golury was never much of a hockey player, despite having it constantly forced on him by his overbearing father. No, Golury enjoyed football, real football not the american swill, and was quite good at it. However, his father called it a "pansy sport" and kept pushing him to play hockey, which he considered the penultimate sport. So Theo practiced and practiced, day in and out, playing house league hockey, taking power skating, doing shooting drills against his familiy's garage in hopes he could finally raise the puck. It wasn't until his 15th birthday that Theo scored his first goal, and the feeling overwhelmed him with passion. He knew why his father had been pushing him for so long, the exuberance of scoring. This was his destiny, and with the feeling in tow he practiced twice as hard and ten times as long and became an elite hockey prospect and finally signed up for the SMJHL entry draft.

Jon Forty-One was raised in Scotland and the US within a cult. He was about 6 or 7 years old at the time when he was selected as the cult's future ice hockey professional that would grow up to be good enough to play at the elite level. Today we are here in Edmonton and starting to hit his prime. When he was younger Jon was a lovely lad. Very happy growing up and just wanted to make everyone proud within the cult and be there for his team. Nowadays Jon hates 90% of all General Managers due to the draft, the minors cause of the Whalers and majority of the teams he needs to get revenge on still.

I miss happy Jon a lot. But his love for the sport has never gone away, even with dumb things happening around him. Maybe when he gets revenge he will be a lot happier? He is very different from the kid who first started playing this sport but still doing well all things considered.

[175 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Cain started in high school. He was looking for extra curricular activities, and while playing music is nice he probably wouldn't get many scholarships for it. He worked hard to save up to buy some shitty equipment, the same shitty equipment he used through all of high school. He began in freshman year, playing with his brother who is 2 years younger. When he was a junior in high school they both were on the same Chicago high school team. They weren't amazing by any stretch, and Cain was amazing when he found out he had been drafted to the SMJHL. He was planning on going to college, perhaps playing some hockey there before eventually joining the work grind and finding a steady job. It was never Cain's dream to be a hockey player, especially not in the SHL, but it is a reality he has come to live with and enjoy.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Phelps really started playing hockey in the streets, not on the ice. His parents couldn't afford equipment or sign-up fees for actual hockey leagues, so he really stuck to playing out front of his house on the street until he was about 11 and his parents registered him to play ball hockey in a league. He played two years of ball hockey and dominated the whole time. One of his coaches for ball hockey also coached a bantam hockey team and suggested he try out. With hard work and practice he developed from a scrawny kid who could barely skate into a strong hard nosed skater and over time his game improved along with his skating. It was pretty clear that he had the IQ of a great hockey player, but he started later than many do. Now Phelps can be considered one of the great ambassadors of the sport.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Ola Wagstrom watched his father play hockey from a young age, and wanted to be just like him. He knew how to skate before he knew how to walk. The first time he grabbed a stick he could barely control the puck and was stumbling around the ice. His father was recording him and it makes for a funny home video to this day. Nonetheless, Wagstrom was in kids hockey leagues all throughout grade school; he was an above average player but not anything that would resemble Wayne Gretzky. He only truly became a stand out when he switched from defenseman, which was his father's position, to forward. It turned out he had a monster slap shot and could maneuver past goaltenders like few others. He knew then and there that he had what it took to be a professional hockey player, and that it was what he wanted to do for a living. Offense was what sparked the full extent of his passion and what made him the star he is today.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

I put on a pair of skates for the first time when I was 6 years old. My dad used to play hockey when he was younger and he wanted me to give it a go, and hopefully learn from an early age. I don't remember much of it, since it was so long ago now. But for some reason one of my first lessons on how to skate is still in the memory bank.

As most people who're learning how to skate, I started out walking/running on the ice and not actually skating. We were doing a "drill" which consisted of trying to skate from the penalty boxes to the player benches. But I didn't care much about _how_ we were supposed to skate. I was all about getting to the other side first. I guess you can say I've been competitive from the get-go.

I do remember having a lot of fun during those times. Trying to figure out skating and then being handed a stick, which was really helpful for my balance honestly. But especially because it turned into a kind of dad-son bonding thing as we went to more and more practices together.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Since I was a little kid I had always dreamt about one day being in the SHL. My dad had me on skates since I learned how to walk. My brothers, my stepdad and I used to play knee hockey in our basement which helped turn me into the competitive player I am today. I dominated my hockey league through my elementary and middle school years and continued my rise to star status into High school. After getting with like a million chicks and scoring just as many goals in High school, I realized that I truly was an SHL great in the making. The game of hockey has been my life up until this point. In my opinion, my career is still just starting. I have very much enjoyed my short tenure with the Falcons and I look forward to seeing how my career turns out with the Blizzard.

[Image: Luke.gif]