Create Account

S57 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 11:39 PM by canes2112.)

4. Complete a PT - Link
6. Write a Deep Dive - Link

1-3, 5, 7, and 8 claimed -  Link

Graded! 2 completed tasks for $2M. Completed list for $1M bonus. @Amidships

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 11:44 PM by canes2112.)

TASK #6 - COMPLETE A DEEP DIVE

1-5,7-8 already claimed

Graded! 1 task for $1M. Completed list for bonus $1M. @bjkman

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 11:47 PM by canes2112.)

Not Completed Yet Prior to this post:
6. Write a Deep Dive
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube

Complete on this post: 
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube:
After a long wait for the weekend, the time had finally come where I could sit down and enjoy some Detroit Falcon hockey. As a rookie, I am still learning on the fly, but I can tell already that the team has potential, picking up some early points in the season. As I take my seat with coffee in hand, I pull up the Detroit Falcon steam to sit back and enjoy. The first period featured some action with 2 total goals, but the lead started to slip away in the second with Main going up 3-2. In the third period, the game started to slip away from Detroit going down 2 goals and then having that slip to 4, letting up a total of 8 goals in the game. However, the game between Maine and Detroit will always be remembered by Yan Dolff, picking up his first two career goals, even if the final result wasn’t the optimal outcome.

Still need to complete:
6. Write a Deep Dive

Graded! 1 task for $1M. @lordbolo

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 11:50 PM by canes2112.)

Final Task!
6. Write a Deep Dive
Deep Dive

links to completed rookie tasks
1, 2, 3, 5, 8 completed
4, 7 completed

Graded! 1 task for $1M. Completed list for $1M bonus. @Jonny Tsunami

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 11:54 PM by canes2112.)

4. PT#1
6. Baby's first Deep Dive

Graded! 2 completed tasks for $2M. Completed list for bonus $1M. @zeagle1

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2020, 11:56 PM by canes2112.)

4. Complete a PT (“Your first PT” and the "Rookie Survey PT" do not count)
6. Write a Deep Dive
  • I watched Maine's game vs. Vancouver on December 8th.  Having just defeated Vancouver last week, we knew it would be a tall task to take a second in a row from them.  Things got off to a horrid start as they came out shooting furiously and found the net early in the first period.  We tried to counter and drop back in a more defensive posture, but they squirted through for a breakaway to give them 2-0 lead.  We entered the second period needing a big offensive comeback and thanks to Jesse Seppanen, we did just that.  Seppanen scored a pair of goals in the second period to tie it up and all of the momentum was on our side. In the third, we turned to one our of veterans to put the team on his back and will us to victory.  Alexander Oscarsson was able to trigger the goal horn in the final period, which gave us a 3-2 lead.  Our defense stepped up big the rest of the way, keeping Vancouver's shots down and limiting their offensive possessions. Finally, the Quacker himself Puddles O'Duck put all hopes of a comeback to bed with an empty netter to seal the 4-2 victory.  Huge win for Maine and an incredible comeback. (211 words)
(link to my previous claims of 1-3, 5, 8)

Graded! 3 completed tasks for $3M. Completed list for bonus $1M. @dogwoodmaple

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2020, 12:00 AM by canes2112.)

first post
4. PT 
6. Deep dive

and that should be all of them

Graded! 2 tasks for $2M. Completed list bonus for $1M. @inverted

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:35 AM by reid.)

1. Create an update page
2. Activity check 342
3. Weekly training 30/11
4. Rookie Survey PT
5. Rookie Task Graphic
7. Watched Day 5 of regular season
An especially thrilling game was the 6-5 OT win by the Kraken over the Scarecrows. Early on in the first period it seemed like the Kraken would be getting another pummeling similar to the games from Day 4, giving up a couple of goals within the first 7 minutes. The Kraken gets themselves on the board a minute after the Scarecrows's second goal but let in two quick ones within a couple of minutes again. On their third shot on goal they also reduce the deficit further, and before the period is over both teams add on a goal each for a score of 3-5 with the shots 5-16. The Kraken also conduct a goalie change after the fourth goal, and Blunt Man stands tall the remainder of the game, only letting in one shot from the first period. It takes until the third period for the Kraken to claw their way closer to a tie with two goals in short succession. The remainder of the third and overtime goes by with opportunities on both ends but the respective goalies stand firm. The shootout has to decide and finally Grape Fruit gets the game winning shootout goal.

8. Rookie Survey PT

GRADED +6M @Canadice. Please note that the rookie survey PT is not eligible for both task 4 and 8. Please link the claim thread for another one of your completed PTs for task 4!
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:37 AM by reid.)

1. Create an Update Thread

2. Claim an activity check

3. Buy a week of training

4. Complete a PT 

6. Write a Deep Dive

8. Complete the Rookie Survey

GRADED! +6M @DApolloS. Remember to create a new claim post for the remainder of your claims, and link this to it Smile

[Image: BTHxZUB.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:39 AM by reid.)

Previously completed:
1. Create an update page
2. Claim an activity check
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
4. Complete a PT
5. Create a graphic

8. Complete the Rookie Survey

Newly completed:
6: Write a Deep Dive: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=112567

+1m bonus for all activities. Thanks!

GRADED! +2M @Nike Congrats on finishing it up!

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:40 AM by reid.)

Not Completed Yet Prior to this post:
6. Write a Deep Dive

Last task completed

+ 1m bonus for all completed tasks

GRADED! +2M @lordbolo. Congrats on finishing them all!

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:43 AM by reid.)

First Post
Task 1 - Create an Update Thread
Task 2 - Claim an Activity Check
Task 3 - Claim Training
Task 5 - Rookie Task Graphic
Task 6 - Complete a Deep Dive
Task 7 - Watch a SHL/SMJHL Stream

So in all honesty, I'm not 100% sure when the stream was, but I believe it was Saturday the 12th. I hopped onto the stream hoping for a suave commentator voice, but was mildly disappointed to only hear the croon of copyright free music. The music was enjoyable though. Since I had joined early, I got a brief chance to chat in the stream and received a reply from the simmer himself. How lovely. Anyways, I was in and out, but was able to tune in for the Newfoundland game against Anchorage. I must admit, it was pretty difficult to keep up with the pace of the sim, as I wasn't always sure to be trying to keep up with the play by play on the left side of the screen, or the random moments where text would appear at the bottom of the screen. I found myself enjoying the text at the bottom a lot more, as in the 3rd period of that game, my player finally got his 1st goal. It was thrilling, although the team got pimp slapped across the ice. Anyways, yeah, that was my first stream.

Task 8 - Rookie Survey

GRADED! +7M @Spartan. Make sure to create a separate claim post for your final task!
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:45 AM by reid.)

1.Update thread

2.Claim activity check 

3. Buy a week of training

4.Complete a PT

7.Watch a SHL or SMJHL stream.

As someone who is new to sim hockey I have watched quite a few of the streams as I find the time early in the morning to do so. I can’t say I fully comprehend wants going on 100% of the time as it moves so fast. However, today I tuned in to catch the second game on our (Vancouver Whalers) schedule against the Nevada Battleborn. It wasn’t looking very good for us as Nevada scored early and held the one goal lead for for almost the entirety of the 2nd period until we fired back to tie it up. The lead didn’t last long though, as early in the 3rd they fired one passed Jon St. Arc. However not all was lost as we quickly fired back with a great play from me, to Leavitt, to outlaw for the game tying goal for my first career assist! The game remained scoreless for the remainder of regulation until Ricki Petrov clutched up in OT to give us a much needed win!

8.Complete the rookie survey 

GRADED! +6 TPE @Kettellkorn. Make sure to create a separate claim post when completing your last 2 tasks!
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:46 AM by reid.)

11-23-2020, 06:25 PMJT3 Wrote:
11-13-2020, 03:25 PMJT3 Wrote: Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Task 8

4 million paid out for 4 completed tasks, congrats again on Toner's great career! Make sure to make a new post with any new task completions, @JT3! -ACC
Task 4

Task 5

Task 6: 7
On Sunday I tuned into the SMJHL S57 Draft stream hosted by Halkohol. It's been quite a while since I last tuned into one of the draft streams, most of the time I just keep an eye on who my own team is drafting and check in on the rest of the draft later. I joined in on the pre-draft marbles that have been pretty popular lately. While this was happening Halk had a few GM's on to talk about the draft and the SMJHL. While there was a fair bit of fluff, I thought they provided some interesting insights into what their teams were looking for in the draft and what they thought of this seasons draft overall. Once we got underway things started a little slowly, but my name actually ended up being called sooner than I anticipated, going 6th overall to Colorado. I continued to watch probably about half of the draft, wanting to see where some of the other recreates as well as some of the bigger name first-gens ended up, as well as who else Colorado was going to take. Overall it was pretty well run and I'm looking forward to watching our SHL draft in a couple months time.

Graded! +3M @JT3. Just a heads up, the above task is Task 7, as Task 6 is writing a deep dive! Stay tuned and you will see the thread for that kick off here!

Task #6 - Deep Dive

Believe this should be my last task!

GRADED! +2M @JT3, congrats on finishing the rookie tasks!

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:48 AM by reid.)

4. Point Task
6. Deep dive
Previous Completed tasks

GRADED! +3M @"SeymourSnatches", congrats on finishing the rookie tasks!

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs