Create Account

S65 PT #3: The Pest Around

This won’t really be the answer you are looking for, as Gudmundur Kristjansson isn’t really one to play that kind of game, mostly just trying to focus on point production and assists. You can’t really expect him to try and get under players skin, as he really just like to keep to himself and do everything in his power to help his team get on the scoreboard. When GK sees other players that do these thing he himself doesn’t really care, they have never actually affected him anyways, and understands that it is part of the game and can truly turn the momentum at the right time by causing a few man advantage opportunities. With that being said, mischief is out of the question for GK, and he is really more just a reserved player that focuses on his own game, but is truly of the mindset of to each their own, so if something works for one player such as being a pest well then power to them.

(169 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

- It’s been a rough night for the Buffalo Stampede. With only 6 minutes left in the game, the Chicago Syndicate have been putting the work on the Buffabros to the tune of 5-2. Daniel Merica looks down the line and sees the Syndicate laughing and having a good time, too good of time by his estimation.

- Daniel tells coach to call a timeout and addresses the team. “listen up fuckers, like we always say, fill it up and fuck them up, well right now we ain’t filling up shit, and as you can see these pansies are having the time of the their life over there, so if we can’t score tonight, let’s fuck them up- make their life miserable to the point it’s the longest 6 min of their life. Take them the fuck down.”

- from then on, the Buffabros forgot all about offense and led by the pissed off Daniel hit everything in sight. Daniel even took it upon himself to crash into the goalie, which to led to an epic fight where he put Nike Kickz face into the ice.

- they didn’t win the game, but by the time Buffalo was finished waxing the ice with Chicago blood, the victors didn’t really feel like theyd won. Which is a nice second place prize.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Being down 5-2 is tough, and with Boots being on the top defensive line this season it definitely gets tiring hearing the gloating and pride from the currently winning team while being on the ice for most of it. Rather than hear the gloating, Boots just starts running bodies, pinching plays more, getting the stick in odd places without getting a penalty called or just tying up a player on the ice. If they're going to win then at least get them tired and ready for the game to be over. Take your 2 point game but that 4 or 5 bruises to go along with. A couple stick wacks to the shins just to take them back down to earth. And maybe with all that you can frustrate them enough to focus on you instead of the puck and get an opportunity for your goal scorer to get a breakaway and piss off their goalie. If now instead of them laughing at you now they're barking at each other. You can still lose if you're not going to complete the comeback but you can at least come away with a story or or something to make up for next time you face that team.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Written Prompt:

Fuck unwritten rules in any sport.  If they are that important, especially ones concerning player safety, then they should be in the rule book.  When I played hockey growing up, there was little to no skill involved in those games.  Thats just the nature of playing in the rural midwest.  Games were mostly head hunting and hitting, and tactics were always used to throw people off of their game.  I'm guilty of it as well, I hated when people would throw snow all over my goalie.  Shit is disrespectful.  Maybe if coaches around those areas would focus more on skating and skills of the game rather than teaching kids how to hit, the game would look a little more skilled.  But this is another discussion for another day.  What I'm trying to say is, I believe that part of the game is being accountable for your actions.  Now if you celly really hard after a goal, I don't give a fuck.  But if you run the goalie or snow them?  As an opposing player you have to ask yourself why the other team is doing that.  Maybe they're just dicks, maybe they're trying to draw a penalty.  Maybe its Maybelline.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Hockey Prompt: Personally, I LOVE to see the "pest" antics that occur in the game. Snowing the goalie, chirping, the extra shot after the whistle. It all has a place in hockey. My favourite player for a time growing up was Jarkko Ruutu. I loved to watch him get under other the opposition skin. He was a master of the pest game. I ended up modelling my soccer player career after his play, learning how to get away with "extra" activities as often as possible. The key, like with any true art, is to know where the line of good taste is. There are always certain topics that are a no-go and not worth crossing. I think every hockey player expects to receive some chirping. But things about families, sickness, Mental Health, race, sexual orientation, etc. are not on.

I was at a Canadian Premier League Soccer Game last september seated in front of an entire row of 20 something people who were clearly under the influence of alcohol. They were chirping the ref and one of the opposition players. I was worried, cause my two young sons were there and I thought for sure I was going to have to confront these guys at some point. These guys ended up providing a MASTERCLASS of chirping, relentlessly going at their targets while not using a SINGLE swear or inappropriate comment. It can be done. It can be done well. And when it is done well, it is a true artform.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Code:
Written Task: Does your player have it in them to be a pest? Do they enjoy finding ways to irritate their opponents even if they can't find a way to actually win the game? Or is this kind of thing beneath you? Are you a good ol' hockey player through and through? Maybe a mix of both? If you are a bit of a pest, tell me some of the tricks your player likes to get up to. If you aren't, tell me what your player thinks of other players that DO like to do these things.  (150+ words)

My player tries to avoid being a pest the majority of the time, however he definitely has the gene in him to stir things up. Little things like a cheeky slash to the top of the skate after the whistle if you are standing close to our goalie, or a subtle cross check to the lower back after the whistle. Being as big as he is, he can keep pretty much any player at arms reach with a face wash or even a head lock. Best part about my player is he laughs the entire time he does it. One time, during the postseason (which is really the only time he tries to get away with things like this), he was drinking water during a commercial break and a-la Corey Perry, filled up one of his opponents gloves with water while they left them sitting on the boards. It got quite a laugh from the Argo’s bench when he went to put the gloves back on, and it caused a very violent reaction from the player with soaked gloves. Either way, doing things like this is gamesmanship, and during the playoffs is really where it belongs in my eyes.

199 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Code:
player prompt

[Image: HLFvWMo.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

PT pass because I refuse to stoop to that level.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

Written Task: Does your player have it in them to be a pest? Do they enjoy finding ways to irritate their opponents even if they can't find a way to actually win the game? Or is this kind of thing beneath you? Are you a good ol' hockey player through and through? Maybe a mix of both? If you are a bit of a pest, tell me some of the tricks your player likes to get up to. If you aren't, tell me what your player thinks of other players that DO like to do these things. (150+ words)

Grogu definitely has it in him to be an irritating player and try to get under the skin of others. We know from watching the Mandalorian that he has a bit of an a-hole side to him, for example eating the eggs of that fish lady or stealing the knob off Mando's gearstick. It's no different in hockey, in fact sometimes he gets so focused on being a pest that he forgets he's actually supposed to be a skill player. He does little things like using the force to untie opposing players' skate laces, or make them collide with other players on their own team. He still needs to develop that special jedi mind trick of telling the defensemen, "This is not the puck you are looking for" and skating around them and scoring easily, but I'm sure that is part of his training. He also is always egging on his linemate DMack to go out and goon it up, if you can't beat them on the scoresheet at least you can beat them in the alleys! So far it is working as Duncan has lots of penalty minutes, having a winger who will punch the opponent when Grogu's antics piss them off a bit too much is always a good thing!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Player Prompt - The best way to get back into enemy teams by far is introducing laxitives to their pre game meal, or water bottles during the game. It can be tricky with water bottles because there is a flavor (usually chocolate) that you need to disguise. The best way is if the team uses a large Gatorade bin. Purple seems to be the best color / flavor combo to hide the laxitives in because it's strong enough in flavor and similar to grape to not be easily noticed, and the color is close as well, adding a little bit of brown is hard to notice in a dark drink.

Now, you may think "Hahaha, classic prank, they will all go running for the facilities during the middle of the game, or at worst they get a hard hit on the ice and their insides splatter out". Correct, kind of.

Because after the players use the facilities, or even after the game, they will likely want to shower. Well inside the opponents water lines we have carefully added a slow dissolving bag full of chlorine. The high concentrations will be virtually guaranteed to give the users pink, bloodshot eyes, and will give them a watering, stinging sensation for a few days. They will be the epitome of uncomfortable, and they will look the part, dehydrated with bloodshot eyes.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Hockey Prompt

Written task: I'm going to be the one to kind of go against the grain here and say I'm not a fan of these types of shenanigans. If I'm a specator, I'm simply here to watch hockey, not watch a bunch of adults act like children. If I'm playing the game, then I'm there to play some hockey.

I mean, there are some things I'm fine with, like celebrating hard or chriping someone, but outside of that I'd rather see players have their play speak for itself. When a player is frustrated because they are losing, it is just much more entertaining to see them channel that frustration into improving their play. As soon as they start engaging in those mind games the game often devolves into something that is much less entertaining.

And sure there are some people that are into it, but to me it seems that most people are not actually a fan of these types of moments in the game. I mean, there's a good reason players like Marchand, Wilson, etc, are so disliked.

176 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Player Prompt:
Being a pest is great. It's in my nature. Some may say that ducks are just flying pests, and those people would be correct. They think it's a diss, but in reality, it's a compliment. If I weren't a pest, I would not be able to get children to throw me their left over bread. Bread is sustenance. Bread is life. Without bread we die. Anyway, back to being a pest on the ice. I love agitating other players. It's a fine line as I don't want to commit penalties myself and hurt my team. But at the same time, if I can annoy the other player into committing a dumb penalty, I'm doing my job. It's the little things over time that cause that to happen. An extra nudge here after the whistle, or a poke of the shins during a faceoff scrum. After a dozen or so of these small events, the opponent usually retaliates with a big event. And that's a no-no. Have fun in the sin bin pal.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]