Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

Prompt 2

Seppanen just skates. He skates to work, to the grocery store. He skates to hang out with friends. He plays video games that involve skating. He replaced his flooring with ice, so that he can skate around the kitchen to cook dinner. He feels so natural on skates, that his endurance has tripled. He could go 60 minutes without being gassed. Plus, he spends half the game laying down blocking shots, making the goalie job super easy. Seppanen doesn't care about strength, he'll just out-skate everyone from natural aptitude of skating. He feels so natural on skates, that skates are just extension of his feet. They're not skates, they're not shoes, they're not socks, they're his feet. He just glides like a gazelle through the desert. He skates and skates and skates. He skates at least 19 hours a day. When he dreams, he dreams of skating. When he smiles, he secretly smiles at the thought of skating. He showers with skates on. He sleeps with skates on. He skates with skates on.

I would inform Connor that I do not accept his negotiation, and that if he wants to win the cup, he will have to ask @micool132. McDavid would take me up on this offer, and then we would go to Micool's new quebec city apartment to attempt to see how exactly we would win the cup. Micool answers the apartment door, using some epic cool new towel technique he learned in quebec. Micool doesn't look surprised to see mcdavid. Micool says "connor not again! you keep asking me how to win the cup please stop". mcdavid drops to the ground, crying and screaming, stating that he will never leave micools apartment unless he helps him win the cup. micool gathers mcdavid, makes him a cup of camomile tea, cracks his knuckles, does a jumping jack, inhales then exhales, pops a fresh zonnic in the upper decky, and says to connor 'im gonna win the cup'.

2)
[Image: photostudio-1709141954214.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

OPTION 2

Jaromir Jagrbomb is always ready to do out-of-the-box stuff, if helps in becoming a better hockey player. Like in almost all forms of technical, physical and mental development, he also has found some experimental, innovative and science-based methods for stamina and endurance training. In general his approach is very holistic, and includes high focus on rest, nutrition, breathwork, hydration, strength, cardio and all those things. But he also has a few specific spices mixed in there. One is combining lung exercise and altitude training: he regularly travels to high mountains to blow balloons. The impact of this practice has been measured, and his lung capacity has skyrocketed and nowadays it's basically impossible for him to get out of breath. Another important method is something he actually uses only during games: caffeine. He has found that caffeine boosts both his physical endurance and mental energy by a lot, but the downside is that his body builds tolerance for it too quickly. That's why during games he's sipping energy drinks all the time, but once the game is over, he takes a very high-tech decaffeinating treatment that sucks it all off his system.

[Image: sulov.gif]

SSL Graphic PT

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Option 2:

Mänty was always a player that mostly relied on his good offensive abilities along with speed and agility. But since moving to the north america he has realized he lacks lot in endurance and strength when compared to his Canadian or US team mates. Now on top of his usual skill training sequences he tries to hit the gym almost every day, staying on treadmill for extended periods, even longer that he really should during the long season they are playing. But he is trying to get his game to next level as he knows he will be called up to Hamilton next season and he wants to be ready for what is waiting for him. On top of all that stamina training he keeps working with the sets of weights and of course the leg press to train his leg and core strength best he can to bulk up for those board battles.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Option 2

Who needs cardio? Strength and skills training is where it's at. Cardio sucks. It's not fun and you really have to grind pretty hard for minor gains. And it's really, really hard to find a way to put pudding into your cardio routine. With strength training, on the other hand, pudding fits right in. You know those ads suggesting chocolate milk for recovery? Imagine how much better specially formulated chocolate pudding works! It's the perfect recovery formula. And as if that's not good enough, IStir MyPudidng has developed gains pudding designed to help you maximize your strength building workouts. And for the days when you'd rather work on skills training, we have another special formula designed to boost your concentration and mental plasticity. Nine times out of ten it works every time.

OPTION 2

GM's Son of the Montreal Patriotes and Vancouver Whalers keeps his stamina and endurance up in some very unique ways. The first and main way that he does this, off the ice at least, is by attending parties and getting incredibly rowdily drunk, and doing so for a very long period of time. This actually trains his aerobic endurance, as he must be able to keep going for hours and hours on end, instead of just sitting around and drinking. He both attends these parties and also plans and hosts them himself, as he knows he can throw the best out of anyone around. As for his anaerobic endurance, he practices in between periods of games since he started playing AAA by doing a few quick shots in between the periods. If he can take these shots fast and then survive them all hitting at once, it really does wonders to improve the short-term burst stamina.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Poor poor Hockey McJesus. You really need to come interrupt my nightly slumber to find ways to win in the postseason? Step 1, get rid of Kenny Holland. At this point is a hockey dinosaur that cannot adapt to changes in the game that are happening whether he notices them or not. So, sorry bud no luck this year. Step 2, you must go through at least 2 seasons of abject suck in order to really want that win enough. I think this is just an issue of you not wanting it enough Connor.

Now in return, you owe me the secrets of this workout routine. Somehow you learned it from Crosby, but its responsible for Marchand’s success? How do you factor into this equation? Did you spygate their workout session? Why would Crosby and McDavid want Marchand to do well? Im so confused, are you about to try to sell me a timeshare in Edmonton?

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

SHL affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2024, 05:51 PM by Ricer13.)

[Image: IMG_9814.png?ex=65f21fb7&is=65dfaab7&hm=...b9c8a6cc5&]

all i train is stamina. it's the only thing that matters. pinli has tiny little legs so those legs need to be able to go for days, otherwise they're worthless. plus each one of his strides is like, 0.33 of a bigger persons, so he has to be able to do more of them. therefore pinli purchased a house that is exactly a marathon distance from the colorado area. every morning pinli wakes up and runs a marathon from home to practice or the game. also being in the high colorado altitude is a big help for this, because when the time comes and he moves to seattle his lung capactiy will be insane. anyways point being that a marathon a day is a great way to keep your cardio up. it's actually not so bad once you get used to it, and now pinli can go for literal miles on the ice without getting tired. it is a routine he hopes to keep up for his entire career.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

So much training. It is like all I do is train. Like some some of professional hockey player. I guess I signed up for this. Since I play in all situations, top line, PP, PK, I just do it all, Endurance is super important for my game. I need to be on the ice and not sucking in air like some out of shape middle aged dad going up the stairs. Since ice isn't everywhere, the best ways I have found to train my endurance is running. Nothing complicated, just lots and lots of running. I prefer taking my dog with me, that way we both have to suffer together and get some bonding time. Another great way is just chasing the kids around. Kids have unlimited energy, so keeping up with them is a real challenge and really gets the blood pumping. Overall I would say would say Endurance > Strength > Skill training. But I have very little skill, and that might explain why.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

The training for Mikkel Envoldsen for the Simulation Hockey League is very simple.

First he takes the time to write a bunch of articles on a fake league with made up players - names - teams and tries to create as many words as possible for these articles for maximum pay out. He also likes to sprinkle in a bit of podcasting as well for maximum effect. Now what does doing all this get him to help with his endurance and strength training? Money.

Money solves all problems in the world. If you have to make weight for camp and have been on a poutine binge? Buy the right trainers and you can lose almost any weight in time and be benching 2x your normal weight while passing all the tests in no time. Couple shots of Testosterone here - a heavy dose of bulker and next thing you know - you are a monster - forget the heart palpitations you are crushing it at the combine!

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

[Image: dYWJ8Ct.png]

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3