Create Account

S41 PT #1 - New Wave

I already have my next player totally planned out. Enter young Spaniard, scoring phenom: Lorenzo Ceviche. I got a kick out of making some weird ethnic/food joke (e.g. Karl Hefeweizen from Austria) and immediately thought of recreates and other fun combos. Once I kicked a few around (and tried and loved ceviche in real life) it just felt right. Johnny Gaudreau as the render, because I feel like he has the complexion. A winger sniper just seems like a fun thing to go for, given that I've tried really hard to make my current player a balanced, defensive stalwart. I have to admit to being jealous of some of the other players lighting the lamp and tearing up the scoresheet...some of that is just a function of seniority and ice time, but it exists in the SMJHL too. You heard it here first: when Karl Hefeweizen hangs them up, we'll end up with a generational talent in Lorenzo Ceviche.

[166 words]

Elijah Jones is a high-scoring forward that prefers playing on the right wing. Jones has made waves around other juniors leagues, notably the GOMHL where he's set the regular season points record of 136 in 80 games. Jones has an amazing shot, good speed, and great hands. His defensive capabilities are strong, too. He spent the final season of his tenure in that league playing defense to boost his defending abilities. Jones is a natural competitor, and never missed playoffs in his time in that league. He'll enter the SMJHL with the same ambition and determination. Due to his impressive career in juniors leagues, he's caught the attention of the New England scouting staff who are already penciling him into the lineup in the distant future. Jones will not be entering the SMJHL for quite a while, but when he does, he will turn some heads with his impressive play that haunted the GOMHL for several seasons.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I have spent some time thinking about kind of player I'll make when I recreate and I think I will go forward. Probably a center but without much TPE put into faceoffs because I have a pet theory that the faceoff stat is overrated and I'd be interested in the career faceoff stats for a center with, say, 60 Faceoff. Where would I end up? 45%? 48%? Is that drop-off significant enough to justify spending precious TPE to boost it? A top 6 center that plays, say, 15 seasons would take about 20,000 faceoffs in his or her career. A career 48% win rate would mean going 9600-10400 and with a bunch of TPE invested I might have 52% instead. That's 1 extra faceoff loss per game. 45% vs 55% would be about 3 losses per game. 1 loss per game seems insignificant but 3 per game might be worth a TPE investment. In any case, I think it'd be interesting to see where I'd end up.

Code:
167 words

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

I haven't really thought about my next player yet, since my current player is still in the minors and I hope to have him play for a long time. I really enjoyed my first player, and looking back, I think that will be my next build yet again. I had a ton of fun playing as a Sniper, especially on the wing. I've always leaned towards making more scoring based builds, but this time i definitely want to have a good amount of TPE in defense. I do think that I will stay playing for Russia, as I really enjoy hanging out with the people who play there. Ill probably make another Petrikov, but I'm uncertain as to what I want the first name to be. Maybe I'll make a girl this time, and she can be Mikhail's wife, or I could always make a player who's one of his children.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

[Image: qMqMFmX.png]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I think I want to make a goalie. I've never made a goalie before, and I think it would be a fun new experience to do. I like names that are dumb, so I think I'll call him Grabby dePuck. He will be a hybrid goalie, cause I think that's the best of both worlds. Plus I don't see stand-up goalies doing well in the sim. I think I'll make him a weird nationality. Maybe something like Icelandic, or maybe south African. I think that goalies, on the whole, can be pretty weird people, so I want my goalie to have a weird back story. Maybe he had to catch rats in the basement of the fancy French restaurant that he grew up in but no one ever went to. Or maybe he had to play the slots to make the money necessary to come to North America and play in the SHL.

If I were to recreate today, I'd try my luck at defense. When I was creating a player, I made a d man initially but changed it to LW when I saw there were a large number of defensmen entering the reddit draft and not a lot of forwards. It worked out it my favour then, as I eneded up in Detroit, and subsequently Buffalo, however for a second time around, I would like to make a well rounded TPE whoring D man in the ilk of Lord Vader, LKS, and now Metzler. Players who lead there teams in multiple offensive/defensive categories and are perennial stevens award favourites. My new player, Prince Hunter Jónsson would reign from Iceland. Jonsson, a young member of the royal family absended the throne to take part in the game he loves, hockey, with little support and fanfare from his family, Jonsson let his skill provide him the opportunities his family would not allow.

I'm still extremely early on in Tatu's career, but when I recreate it will likely be again at defense or at goaltending. I had my fun with Kaapo Kekkonen as a forward, and while he was never a high flyer, I certainly had a good run with him. If I decide to become a defenseman yet again, I think it'll be Troy Woodcock. Troy Woodcock is an American two-way defenseman who spent several seasons in the GOMHL, putting up Hall of Fame caliber numbers and winning many trophies along the way. As a goaltender, I might go with Kimmo Kekkonen, the 3rd player in the Kekkonen lineage. Kimmo is a Finnish butterfly goalie from the city of Vaasa. He draws comparisons to the real-life NHL player Juuse Saros.

But, then again.. there's always the chance I try my hand at forward again. By the end of Tatu's career I might be feeling something else, and the goaltending position is historically a saturated position in this league and the results can be extremely random.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

My recreate will be Emmet Becker, the son of Brock Becker. The sniper from Germany possesses elite vision for shot operation and a laser to put it past the best netminders. Playing on the wing
Of some of the best players he would be unstoppable. Growing up in Germany he wasn’t surrounded by a hockey crazy culture, so when his family moved to Canada it was quite the change for him, no one knew who he was or how good he is, but that quickly changed as scouts quickly heard about him and wanted to watch him play, being looked at by so many teams already as young as he is. When the time comes for him to be drafted, he had that firs overall potential. A player who is so dedicated to his craft, racking up TPE training constantly, every team would be crazy to pass him up if they had the chance. Watch out SHL he’s coming, and when he does, he will be ready.

[Image: nasty.png]

May I present to you The French goal scoring winger, Jean-Sébastien Étienne:

[Image: jse.png]

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Well I just recreated so I guess I'll have to go with my next player if that actually happens. I will create another Goalie and try to make this one a Hall of Fame as well. Probably looking at a Canadian Goalie or German goalie who uses a Hybrid build. Maybe named Mats Brandt but the name I haven't decided on. This is hard because I just had to go through this with recreating and it exhausted my mind trying to come up with a creative name that fit the nationality. I'll aim for a Goalie that mimics the career of Cam Ward who has been a Carolina workhorse for so many years until recently when he has phased out of their depth chart. If I make a Canadian his name will be Kellan Lawrence or something and I'll maybe make him an East Coast boy or maybe from Nunavut.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

[Image: l2F4f0N.png]
Vlastimil Potoczny - C - LA Jr. Panthers - Coming around S52

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Smyth DeMaricusson son of DeMaricus Smyth, the second incarnation of the Smyth family of the Czechoslovakian Empire. Looking to live up to the long storied career of his Father, Smyth grew up playing a heavier, more physical, brand of hockey than his father. Looking at entering his first season in the SMJHL DeMaricusson hopes that he can help lead his team to a Four Star Cup, like his father did with the S39 St. Louis Scarecrows. The 5' 10" right defensemen isn't afraid to play the body in order to close out the wing on a zone entry, or really work his man into the board forcing a turnover. Smyth isn't going to be winning any awards for scoring or leading the league in points, but he hopes to be the center piece of the blueline for an organization. Being able to play strong PK minutes in bantams, Smyth would lead the league last season in time on ice and plus/minus. Not as interested in the coaching aspect of the game as his father still is, DeMaricusson knows the game inside and out, having been around it since day 1. Its only a matter of time till we know if Smyth will live up to the accolades of his father.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Well as the beginning of this point task states then regression is staring down at us either already or in the future. My player is about to go into the regression next season so yes I have already thought about retiring and my future. I have set a goal that I want to achieve with my current player before retiring and I hope I will be able to do it. After the retirement I think I will go and try a winger as I was really frustrated on how much training points you have to spend extra for a center, just because of the need for high faceoff. I mean center position player is like an upgraded winger. Honestly, I have not thought about the players name but I might continue Cukurs family legacy but I know for sure that he will not be born in Latvia like Teo is. It does not mean though that I will not play for Team Latvia, but will see about that as well. And yeah, like I said, I will make a winger, probably a sniper. Anyhow, before that happens I believe I still have like 3-4 seasons ahead of me!

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Regression is a real bummer; I know it bums me out whenever I am faced with losing points off my attributes. I’ve been throwing some ideas around about what type of player I would like to create when and if I recreate. Not to scare anyone but I also consider retirement from time to time but Alex Mack is not only such an amazing player he has a super fantastic persona, one that takes my own personality and magnifies it 30 fold. Perhaps my next player can be created to be an alter ego of Alex Mack like a total nerd who is not good with women and has trouble socializing at parties but is still terrific on the ice. I always thought about being a goalie this way I can save a lot of energy for the ladies. I would name him Ari Stein from Israel and I would make his hobbies rare coin collecting and he would be an aficionado of commemorative hockey equipment. His dynamic hand eye coordination would make him incredible as a goalie, which will in turn get him laid.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]