Thoughts on free agents

ruutu you're the worst troll in this league lmao

"free agency is bad because teams might lose assets"

ok

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

01-11-2019, 07:03 PMSamee Wrote:
01-11-2019, 07:00 PMjRuutu Wrote: Yea, that is what I have hard time to understand with the FA people, why not try to go out when the GM contacts you well before the FA is in the horizon? (Of course if most GMs do the same thing and talk with their players)
most people do this. and most gms will regardless talk a while before about the ending contract. some gms will tell players that theyd rather invest into named player, others will look towards trade options. depends on the situation. i dont believe from my experience that an fa article ever comes before a talk with gms, unless the gm is really that far out of touch.

It has to be annoying to try and ´please´ the user who is thinking about leaving as a FA? Small or fair chance they could still stay, but you can´t really react in a negative way or they leave for sure. That is perhaps the most idiotic part of it all.

01-11-2019, 07:10 PMKeygan Wrote: Does this mean you’re re-signing?

Thanks for ruining my surprise, I was just going to release my FA rankings :(
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 07:19 PM by jRuutu.)

01-11-2019, 07:15 PMligma Wrote: ruutu you're the worst troll in this league lmao

ok

Says the guy who is basically undraftable in every single league, might as well throw your pick out of the window instead. Guaranteed to leave as a FA..........

01-11-2019, 07:18 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-11-2019, 07:15 PMligma Wrote: ruutu you're the worst troll in this league lmao

ok

Says the guy who is basically undraftable in every single league, might as well throw your pick out of the window instead. Guaranteed to leave as a FA..........

?????
Crutchfield Player SHL Draft Positions:

2nd overall
1st overall
6th overall

ok ruutu, glad to see you know what you're talking about

01-11-2019, 07:21 PMligma Wrote:
01-11-2019, 07:18 PMjRuutu Wrote: Says the guy who is basically undraftable in every single league, might as well throw your pick out of the window instead. Guaranteed to leave as a FA..........

?????

2nd overall
1st overall
6th overall

You dropped 6x as far.

Might as well pass.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

01-11-2019, 07:21 PMligma Wrote:
01-11-2019, 07:18 PMjRuutu Wrote: Says the guy who is basically undraftable in every single league, might as well throw your pick out of the window instead. Guaranteed to leave as a FA..........

?????

2nd overall
1st overall
6th overall

No I mean picking you is like throwing the pick out of the window.

This is an odd one. Because I get it, but also, if we’re trying to keep the immersion high and be as true to reality as possible, then free agency is part of that. It’s part of playing simulated hockey and all GMs have to know thay

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

01-11-2019, 07:22 PMjRuutu Wrote:
01-11-2019, 07:21 PMligma Wrote: ?????

2nd overall
1st overall
6th overall

No I mean picking you is like throwing the pick out of the window.

i'm glad we feel the same way about one another at least. maybe you should focus on not hitting the boo-hoo button so much and getting so butthurt over sim leagues lmao

01-11-2019, 07:21 PMEggy216 Wrote:
01-11-2019, 07:21 PMligma Wrote: ?????

2nd overall
1st overall
6th overall

You dropped 6x as far.

Might as well pass.

i agree honestly

What if your GM doesn't re-sign you and you are forced to hit free agency?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

dealing with free agents is literally a quarter of what gms signed up for

01-11-2019, 07:23 PMligma Wrote:
01-11-2019, 07:22 PMjRuutu Wrote: No I mean picking you is like throwing the pick out of the window.

i'm glad we feel the same way about one another at least. maybe you should focus on not hitting the boo-hoo button so much and getting so butthurt over sim leagues lmao

Sad Does this mean I should not rank Texas too highly in my FA rankings?

01-11-2019, 07:24 PMDangles13 Wrote: What if your GM doesn't re-sign you and you are forced to hit free agency?

you aren't allowed to leave because otherwise ruutu will make a post on the forum crying about it

01-11-2019, 07:23 PM39alaska39 Wrote: This is an odd one. Because I get it, but also, if we’re trying to keep the immersion high and be as true to reality as possible, then free agency is part of that. It’s part of playing simulated hockey and all GMs have to know thay

I´m not saying you should remove the FA, I´m just saying that people run to it too easily, which ruins other parts of the whole experience quite nicely.