Create Account

SMJHL TPE Cap
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 10:55 AM by Mayuu.)

Made a quick mock what 400 TPE+ League would look like based on the divisions where they players were drafted. This is just actives as well.

Note: This list is compiled from the prospects list of each SHL team, so it might contain inaccuracies.

400+ TPE teams

Team North-West Actives:
Center - Barry Batsbak TPE: 517
Right Wing - James Truong TPE: 427
Right Wing - Collin Gibbles TPE: 516
Right Wing - Nick Brain TPE: 557
Left Wing - Commander Shepard TPE: 477

Defense - Karlstraße Scholz TPE: 561
Defenseman - Bernik Vrzala TPE: 473

Goalie - Casimir Stevens TPE: 553

Team South-West Actives: 
Center - Knute Knurtsson TPE: 560
Center - Borromini Cannellini TPE: 568
RW - Nicolas Fleming TPE: 522
Right Wing - Tyler Tougard TPE: 457
Right Wing - Jimmy Slothface TPE: 556
Right Wing - Michael Fox TPE: 522
RW - Hiro Fujikawa TPE: 610
Left Wing - Nathan Explosion TPE: 484

Defense - Dominic Montgomery TPE: 716
Defense - Osbert Whacker TPE: 437
Defense - Basil Magnicotta TPE: 450

Goalie - Patrice Nadeau TPE: 424

Team Great Lakes Actives:
Center - Monkey D. Luffy TPE: 582
Center - Kalvins Zvejnieks TPE: 533
Center - Raino Kyllönen TPE: 405
Center - Bobby Sharp TPE: 527
Center - Kristoffer Svensson TPE: 491
Right Wing - Troy Reynolds TPE: 483
Left Wing - Brock Emmerton TPE: 447
LW - Eva Lykke Aparjode TPE: 461

Defense - Donny McMasters TPE: 427
Defense - Kalevi Karhunen TPE: 485

Goalie - Mike McKorsy TPE: 428
Goalie - Tibuk Soonika TPE: 434

Team Atlantic Actives:
Center - Matt Kholin TPE: 560
Center - Aleksandr Scherbak TPE: 418
Center - Taisei-Tiikeri Wawazat TPE: 422
RW - Olivier Cloutier TPE: 539
Right Wing - Zach Laliberté TPE: 409
Left Wing - Gordie Boomhover TPE: 555
Right Wing - Petr Mikulak TPE: 432

Defense - Andrej Doskočil TPE: 503
Defense - Jøln DuBølk TPE: 484

Goalie - Peter Larson TPE: 500

RETIRED

Another thing that would be concerning for me is the amount of turnover in these leagues. Since the TPE gap is not very large in this SMJHL/development league, what happens if a bunch of players hit 350 TPE in one season? Then they all get bumped up and you're left with teams in the SMJHL who have maybe 3-6 actives and the rest are inactive. That's not really a way to keep new users interested. On the flip side, what if a bunch of these players who are in the 350+ league get called up. You have the same situation. Imagine playing a team with a bunch of inactives every 2nd day for a whole season. That wouldn't be too much fun.

If our influx of players is not consistent, you run the risk of having low levels of activity in both leagues. Now, even if the influx of players isn't great, you have a lot of send downs who are there and keep everyone active.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 11:05 AM by Chris-McZehrl.)

04-22-2019, 11:00 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: Another thing that would be concerning for me is the amount of turnover in these leagues. Since the TPE gap is not very large in this SMJHL/development league, what happens if a bunch of players hit 350 TPE in one season? Then they all get bumped up and you're left with teams in the SMJHL who have maybe 3-6 actives and the rest are inactive. That's not really a way to keep new users interested. On the flip side, what if a bunch of these players who are in the 350+ league get called up. You have the same situation. Imagine playing a team with a bunch of inactives every 2nd day for a whole season. That wouldn't be too much fun.

If our influx of players is not consistent, you run the risk of having low levels of activity in both leagues. Now, even if the influx of players isn't great, you have a lot of send downs who are there and keep everyone active.

if more members would be active in their former SMJHL LR then this would never be a problem! look I left the STL LR in S42 technically but I am still active there! with VAN it was S27 I believe and I am also their active. The problem is that the most are quiet after they came in the SHL. but in the SMJHL you has so many new members they would love to get help and you can also share a bit of your activity there.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

04-22-2019, 11:04 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:00 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: Another thing that would be concerning for me is the amount of turnover in these leagues. Since the TPE gap is not very large in this SMJHL/development league, what happens if a bunch of players hit 350 TPE in one season? Then they all get bumped up and you're left with teams in the SMJHL who have maybe 3-6 actives and the rest are inactive. That's not really a way to keep new users interested. On the flip side, what if a bunch of these players who are in the 350+ league get called up. You have the same situation. Imagine playing a team with a bunch of inactives every 2nd day for a whole season. That wouldn't be too much fun.

if more members would be active in their former SMJHL LR then this would never be a problem! look I left the STL LR in S42 technically but I am still active there! with VAN it was S27 I believe and I am also their active. The problem is that the most are quiet after they came in the SHL. but in the SMJHL you has so many new members they would love to get help and you can also share a bit of your activity there.

Keeping people active in the LR is not the issue though. There are plenty of people who have access to LRs/Discord servers. The real problem I believe is not having enough players. Sure you can talk to them and keep them active in the LR, but if the new members have to play with a bunch of inactives or when they move up are only playing the same 3 teams, that's when you start to run the risk of losing people, in my opinion.

04-22-2019, 11:17 AMOtrebor13 Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:04 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: if more members would be active in their former SMJHL LR then this would never be a problem! look I left the STL LR in S42 technically but I am still active there! with VAN it was S27 I believe and I am also their active. The problem is that the most are quiet after they came in the SHL. but in the SMJHL you has so many new members they would love to get help and you can also share a bit of your activity there.

Keeping people active in the LR is not the issue though. There are plenty of people who have access to LRs/Discord servers. The real problem I believe is not having enough players. Sure you can talk to them and keep them active in the LR, but if the new members have to play with a bunch of inactives or when they move up are only playing the same 3 teams, that's when you start to run the risk of losing people, in my opinion.

4 teams arent the option! more 6! and important are to make in the SMJHL just the top 2 lines full! so 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D and 1 G
this way is better than six 350 TPE forwards + four 350 TPE defender and then comes the rookies Wink

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

04-22-2019, 11:17 AMOtrebor13 Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:04 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: if more members would be active in their former SMJHL LR then this would never be a problem! look I left the STL LR in S42 technically but I am still active there! with VAN it was S27 I believe and I am also their active. The problem is that the most are quiet after they came in the SHL. but in the SMJHL you has so many new members they would love to get help and you can also share a bit of your activity there.

So either we have rookies not getting a lot of ice time cause of logjams up to SHL, but the get to play with more actives on the rosters. 

Or we get a SMJHL where rookies gets a lot of ice time and might play with and against inactive memebers, and send downs gets to play on a team they were not drafted by but against other players that's uncapped.

Either way something needs to change.

RETIRED

04-22-2019, 11:33 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:17 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: Keeping people active in the LR is not the issue though. There are plenty of people who have access to LRs/Discord servers. The real problem I believe is not having enough players. Sure you can talk to them and keep them active in the LR, but if the new members have to play with a bunch of inactives or when they move up are only playing the same 3 teams, that's when you start to run the risk of losing people, in my opinion.

4 teams arent the option! more 6! and important are to make in the SMJHL just the top 2 lines full! so 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D and 1 G
this way is better than six 350 TPE forwards + four 350 TPE defender and then comes the rookies Wink

I still think doing this will dilute both the SMJHL and the league between the SMJHL and SHL, which is a problem imo. I think having a tiered cap with an increase in scoring means that rookies will not suffer with less than 5 points a season, but the players who have been in the league multiple seasons will have something to differentiate themselves from the new guys. Obviously I'm not too sure if it's even possible to do this, but I believe @O4L showed it was possible to increase scoring without significantly hurting goalies, which I think would be great. In the end, people want to see their names on the scoresheet, so this would be a welcomed change by many, I presume.

04-22-2019, 11:39 AMMayuu Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:17 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: Keeping people active in the LR is not the issue though. There are plenty of people who have access to LRs/Discord servers. The real problem I believe is not having enough players. Sure you can talk to them and keep them active in the LR, but if the new members have to play with a bunch of inactives or when they move up are only playing the same 3 teams, that's when you start to run the risk of losing people, in my opinion.

So either we have rookies not getting a lot of ice time cause of logjams up to SHL, but the get to play with more actives on the rosters. 

Or we get a SMJHL where rookies gets a lot of ice time and might play with and against inactive memebers, and send downs gets to play on a team they were not drafted by but against other players that's uncapped.

I think that's a good point. Either way, we seem to have a little bit of an issue. I think an increase in scoring will combat this a little, but I'm sure it's not the only/best solution for this.

04-22-2019, 11:42 AMOtrebor13 Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:39 AMMayuu Wrote: So either we have rookies not getting a lot of ice time cause of logjams up to SHL, but the get to play with more actives on the rosters. 

I think that's a good point. Either way, we seem to have a little bit of an issue. I think an increase in scoring will combat this a little, but I'm sure it's not the only/best solution for this.

Yup, there's no easy fix to it and there's no change that won't step on someone's toes. But I think we have to decide once for all, is SMJHL a league designed to cater to rookies and new memebers, or a league where competition is as important as in the SHL and teams stacking the lines and roster to try to win at all costs. 

To me it feels as it's looked on differently by the SMJHL gms and the rest of the league.

RETIRED

04-22-2019, 11:42 AMOtrebor13 Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:39 AMMayuu Wrote: So either we have rookies not getting a lot of ice time cause of logjams up to SHL, but the get to play with more actives on the rosters. 

the fact is that the most leave between the SMJHL Draft and around the 2nd week in the reg season! their they relize that they get not a good number of minutes and that means not important enough. they lose the interest and leave. The 2nd wave is after they hit the capped number of 350 TPE and getting bored. with this new farm league they could do their progress in their players and unbank all the TPE or if we start the league with 350 TPE they never need to bank them, except they hit this number after the start of the reg season. so we would save the league in two ways. because the newbies (recreates know what happens and how it works) would get a bigger role on the SMJHL team and some send downs would stay. with that the new farm league would give all members over 350 TPE the chance to unbank or just use all TPE over 350 and would mostly play with their SHL teammates they get sent down.

but Luke is right! we need the active numbers! because for me personally its very important that we have really this two lines full of actives! for the other two lines it would be ok if there we would bring in inactives or rental players if they are under 600 TPE or so and wont have a fair chance in the SHL.

we also need that what Eggy was ask for. A survey over a longer timeline than 2-3 seasons! idk maybe 5-8 are ok! but maybe we also need a 10 season timeline to see if that would be smart or not!

but the fact is .... the SMJHL S45 reddit draft = S46 SHL Reddit Draft killed the expansion permantly. we had more members income than sharing the members through the exisiting SHL and SMJHL (send downs) for the two new Expansion Teams in the SHL. this was huge for the SHL for sure but the SHL got killed because of that. we could also think about the next SHL Expansion as well but then some GM would be more than mad :D
So I would understand to wait with the next SHL Expansion. For me it is also important to close all possible loopholes before we decide as league something new. That is also for me something what is going wrong in the SHL sometimes. Their are members they bring up something new but never thought about possible loopholes like this Recruitment change. Those things should make sense at all and not benefit one or two members. for this we need do fill the loophole that GMs in either way force member to stay on a SMJHL Team or getting called up in the Farm League. that is the reason why I wrote earlier here in that thread in the clips: "also countable TPE in the claim threads before the reg season thread came up! because I can see that some members really would wait to come at 350 TPE or higher to sit out one more season in the SMJHL because the GM is begging for it. But this is in my eyes the choice of the member/player and no one should convince an other member also not the GMs to their players.

The most know that I really love this league and that the league has a special place in my heart! I am looking now for over 30 seasons to have something to save the league for this constantly leaving after this drafts/before the reg season/through the 2nd week of the reg season/after hitting the 350 TPE mark.

I really feel that this is the way what I was looking for. But all the members they know me ... know also that I want it perfectly. we have now this season as time to create something that all can benefit.
The Rookies (especially the Newbies) that they have more icetime and with that better roles on their teams
The send downs 350+ TPE that they dont have to bank their TPE and can use all TPE permantly
The community because of many new jobs and a good chance to build new connections under the members
The league because in my eyes it would be more attractive

so many members were worried to add NEW and TEX in the past. they also were worried to add more teams in the SMJHL and also the 4 other SHL teams. but all played out very well. its a bit strange for the existing members for maybe the first 2-3 seasons but then it will be so normal like today how we have the league. for newbies they would know that they can stay in the SMJHL until they hit the 350 TPE in the offseason (technically) and then they can look to the next step and later to the big league!

what I would love in that way is maybe a new rule about the regression start! if member MUST stay down 5 seasons in the SMJHL then 2 or 3 season shouldnt count against the regression start time! but that is just my opinion. but with that we should really need a bit harsher regression. the question is where we will change something .... the season number until the next step or just a 2,5% more for each step!?

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

04-22-2019, 11:53 AMMayuu Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:42 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: I think that's a good point. Either way, we seem to have a little bit of an issue. I think an increase in scoring will combat this a little, but I'm sure it's not the only/best solution for this.

Yup, there's no easy fix to it and there's no change that won't step on someone's toes. But I think we have to decide once for all, is SMJHL a league designed to cater to rookies and new memebers, or a league where competition is as important as in the SHL and teams stacking the lines and roster to try to win at all costs. 

To me it feels as it's looked on differently by the SMJHL gms and the rest of the league.

maybe some SMJHL GMs because Luke is the VAN GM and still look to improve the league! we all should look how we can improve and save the league! especially the members they are here for a long time and they came back and saw some hard changed in the past! In my opinion we have the responsibility!

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

04-22-2019, 11:39 AMOtrebor13 Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:33 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: 4 teams arent the option! more 6! and important are to make in the SMJHL just the top 2 lines full! so 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D and 1 G

I still think doing this will dilute both the SMJHL and the league between the SMJHL and SHL, which is a problem imo. I think having a tiered cap with an increase in scoring means that rookies will not suffer with less than 5 points a season, but the players who have been in the league multiple seasons will have something to differentiate themselves from the new guys. Obviously I'm not too sure if it's even possible to do this, but I believe @O4L showed it was possible to increase scoring without significantly hurting goalies, which I think would be great. In the end, people want to see their names on the scoresheet, so this would be a welcomed change by many, I presume.

This rings a bell and I know I've seen it, but any idea where that scoring proposal was posted? I want to look back at it.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

04-22-2019, 01:26 PMEggy216 Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:39 AMOtrebor13 Wrote: I still think doing this will dilute both the SMJHL and the league between the SMJHL and SHL, which is a problem imo. I think having a tiered cap with an increase in scoring means that rookies will not suffer with less than 5 points a season, but the players who have been in the league multiple seasons will have something to differentiate themselves from the new guys. Obviously I'm not too sure if it's even possible to do this, but I believe @O4L showed it was possible to increase scoring without significantly hurting goalies, which I think would be great. In the end, people want to see their names on the scoresheet, so this would be a welcomed change by many, I presume.

This rings a bell and I know I've seen it, but any idea where that scoring proposal was posted? I want to look back at it.

I remember seeing something about it, and I'm going to try and look for it. For now, I was referencing a post made in here my O4L

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2619163

He links to his test sims here: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2594313

Not sure this is what you were looking for, but if I find something else I'll bring it up. I think this is a good option if we could somehow find a way to balance the stats

Semi-shitpost suggestion: abolish the SMJHL, expand the SHL by 6 teams, entry draft straight into the bigs.

04-22-2019, 01:30 PMOtrebor13 Wrote:
04-22-2019, 01:26 PMEggy216 Wrote: This rings a bell and I know I've seen it, but any idea where that scoring proposal was posted? I want to look back at it.

I remember seeing something about it, and I'm going to try and look for it. For now, I was referencing a post made in here my O4L

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2619163

He links to his test sims here: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2594313

Not sure this is what you were looking for, but if I find something else I'll bring it up. I think this is a good option if we could somehow find a way to balance the stats

I'm an idiot, thanks lmao. That would explain why I knew I'd read it before.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia