Create Account

S51 PT #5 - In The Kitchen

Jack Wilson is clearly a master chef. Anyone can see on the ice that he is a magnificent cook. Fans are always yelling at him "Hey Wilson, maybe you could get in the weight room and not have your arms look like noodles". Other nice fans compliment him on the "slow, lazyass muffins you throw on the net instead of taking an actual shot". Even more dedicated fans took to throwing a tomato for Wilson to use in his kitchen after a -5 performance against Colorado. Jack is always happy to thank these fans for the kind words, he doesn't understand why they always seem so angry at him. But when the team finishes a long, hard-fought game, Wilson is always the one who recommends staying in and bonding as a team rather than going out. His teammates may not like his Zdeno Chara plant-based cooking style but Wilson knows they will thank him in the long run.

[Image: 4bGW0Vw.png]

NSFL PT
Username: ADwyer87

Skao Anazibf fancies himself a kitchen master which is why he makes food for the entire Steelhawks team on game days. He really knows his way around a kitchen and his teammates are always asking him to make some of his classics such as the mayo melt or the ratchet pizza. He is very much a glass half full kind of chef so he is quite resourceful and able to craft full scale, multi course meals with basically any ingredients available in whatever fridge he is opening at the time. Good friend and teammate Gabriel Johnson has called Skao Anazibf “the SHL’s Gordon Ramsay” and his abilities really do live up to this name, as he is able to sense the exact centigrade temperature of food he is cooking within a 20 foot radius. He also loves to learn new things so he watches a lot of cooking YouTube to continue growing his skill.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

This week we want to hear about your player's skills in the kitchen. Eating during the busy SHL season may be more of a routine chore than something to fully enjoy, so tell us more about their capabilities rather than their habits. Are they incapable of making anything for themselves whatsoever, completely reliant on ordering out 100% of the time? Capable of the simplest "meals" only, like making a pb&j sandwich or MAYBE warming up some chicken nuggets with the right infrastructure? Or are they a regular world's best chef (a la legend Guy Fieri), whipping up beautiful recipes? Somewhere in between? What kinds of things have gone right (like a top-class feast)? What kinds of things have gone wrong (like burning a bowl of cereal)?

Written task: write 150+ words on the topic above.

Hugh Jazz likes to eat healthy so he can feel fresh so he can feel fresh on the ice. He only eats the cleanliest and healthiness of food which are high in protein, carbs and some fats. He likes to eat chicken breast,brown rice and vegetables for his pre game meal. Protein Shake with milk for his post-game recovery. He also likes coffee in the morning with some boiled eggs and oatmeal with chia seeds, and berries. When he stick to this meal plan he tends to feel like he is on top of his game and doesn't like to go over it. He usually cooks his own food and he knows he isn't the best cook but he tries to eat healthy and so he can be better all season long and feel like he is ontop of his game. He feels like eating healthy has been a big reason why he has had success this season and he hopes to continue it in the new year.

Kaarlo Kekkonen greg up in a household where little was asked of him when it came to cooking. The son of SHL player and executive Kari Kekkonen, the family ate the finest foods and often had a live in chef who would prepare their meals for them as required, and so the skill of cooking was one that Kaarlo didn’t pick up for quite some time. When he left home to begin his SMJHL career, he was forced to learn how to cook, but instead of spending time developing recipes and cooking abilities, he is so hopelessly devoted to the sport of hockey that he never allowed himself the time off training to stretch beyond making some simple dishes such as chicken and rice, fish and rice, or steak and rice. As he gets older he hopes to expand his repertoire, and his goal for next season with the Falcons is too be able to prepare his own freshly made salads. A noble goal but we will see if it is something he is able to achieve shortly.

Code:
178 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Code:
This week we want to hear about your player's skills in the kitchen. Eating during the busy SHL season may be more of a routine chore than something to fully enjoy, so tell us more about their capabilities rather than their habits. Are they incapable of making anything for themselves whatsoever, completely reliant on ordering out 100% of the time? Capable of the simplest "meals" only, like making a pb&j sandwich or MAYBE warming up some chicken nuggets with the right infrastructure? Or are they a regular world's best chef (a la legend Guy Fieri), whipping up beautiful recipes? Somewhere in between? What kinds of things have gone right (like a top-class feast)? What kinds of things have gone wrong (like burning a bowl of cereal)?

For this Christmas i really didn't do much as we back home it isn't a huge thing. So for a traditional meal we ate some Fried Chicken and Christmas Cake which is very different to what you know of in the west.

I've been trying to learn how to make some fried chicken from the scratch but i'm not the best with it honestly. I wish more places where open like back in japan for christmas day for eating that didn't just serve the western standard christmas meals as i don't like it. So for christmas i ended up just cooking some Rice and Chicken curry basically.

I find it pretty easy to make due to the fact i just make using stock cubes basically and i just add water and vegetables for a quick meal. I did however bake a quick cake for christmas just so that i can feel a bit at home. I wish i could make more food but i don't have the time.

Code:
Words: 168

I consider myself to be a pretty decent home cook. I can consistently put crank out decent food with an occasional culinary miscue or accidentally making something downright delicious. During the season it is hard to find time or a place to even cook. When we are on our road trips cooking is almost entirely out of the question. Since I can't get in the kitchen during that time I take it as an opportunity to sample as much food as I kind from different cultures, from the most expensive restaurant in town to a hole in the wall joint. When I am home, I do my best to recreate what I have experienced on the road trip in my own kitchen. It hasn't always been a homerun but I haven't burnt the house down either so I call that a win. I'm most skilled in preparing Korean food as the guys in the West Kendall locker room know. I can whip up some spicy braised chicken that will knock you on your ass. I'm also always sure to throw together some kimchi to bring on those long road trips much to the chagrin of my roommate.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

NSFL PT for AndrewWarren13

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Jon Forty-One is not exactly much of a cook to be honest. The cult he is in already has an elite chef so usually he would just eat whatever they would make due to how god they are but he loves to make pasta from time to time. It is not exactly a healthy meal by any means but it is always yummy. Perhaps once a week after an intense work out or during the off-season. That is about the limits of him in the kitchen. He can make the basics like soup, microwave meals, cereal, toast, sandwiches, salads but for more complex hot meals he is up against it really.

As for major disasters, none have really happened. He once tried to make a cake for someones birthday and left it in for way too long but it was not like the whole house was burning down and with a bit of help on his next go he did a good job but that was back before Jon also hated everyone.

[174 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Like most hockey players, Artemi Berezin cant cook to save his life. He will rely on teams to prepare foods for him or his very small knowledge of different types of pasta for lunches and dinners while breakfast and snacks throughout the day will involve things that are pre-made like muffins and protein bars to fulfill his nutritional needs.

As Berezin has gotten older he has tried his hands at cooking different things and making his own meals, not complex one, but maybe adding some fresh vegetables to meals, which has sometime gone wrong, one time cooking broccoli he left the lid off the steamer pot and when he could smell burning but saw nothing burning he inspected the broccoli and sure enough they weren’t burnt, but the bottom of the steamer was, which then made the broccoli taste burnt, which is a very terrible taste.

Since then, Berezin has discovered things like GoodFood which has almost saved his life and gives you all the right food, and the proper instruction on how to prepare and make some pretty tasty dishes, no more burnt broccoli!

[Image: WtrC9qy.png]

FalconsJapanpride

Michael fitted was never known for his culinary practise most even joked about his abilitys some even making comments that he seasons his food with ciggarette butts and old cheap liquor. The joke is on them now however as the ramen noodle hot sauce hot dog mix has became his staple in the kitchen children everywere are in awe of its taste texture and design. It was during another typical tuesday that fitted developed this amazing concoction see fitted ussualy ate his noodles raw but a light bulb went off this day and he added *BOILING WATER* and some Frank's red hot with 3 hot dogs cut up just so. This dish has become the envy of the kra ken locker room phineas gold @Z0REM from time to time trys to add some LSD to it but michael is always there to snuff out these advances made by phineas it's now the official pregame meal of carolina faithful everywere even endorsed by terry bradshaw go kracken and RIDE THE WALRUS!

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Unfortunately for FR, while his heart is in the right place when trying to make food in the kitchen, his abilities to actually make something of culinary or nutritional value are next to nil. Thankfully for FR, and his dinner guests, the Edmonton Blizzard have been subsidizing a personal chef for FR so that he can get his five or six meals a day to optimize his performance on the ice and in the weight room. If not for this subsidized personal chef, FR would be stuck eating nothing but pre-packaged foods like apple sauce in pouches, tuna in pouches, microwavable chicken pot pies and personal sized lasagna. FR is such a bad cook that he legitimately would not survive, let alone thrive, without the sustenance provided by his personal chef. Not only does FR's personal chef ensure that FR eats well enough to play his best on the third line, but he also does the dishes!

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019, 06:56 PM by karlssens.)

Karlstraße has been a whiz in the kitchen now for some time. Growing up he would typically fill himself up on the usual junk and quick turnaround meals, but since entering the SMHJL draft, and later the SHL draft, he's gone under his fathers wing much more and learned how to prepare and cook tasty and nutritious meals for himself at home and when on the go. His father, the retired Nikolaus Scholz, played in the SHL for 21 years and knows a balanced meal is crucial to both immediate and long term success in this league. Karlstraße's typical go to meal right now is burritos. He prepares them himself with a variety of beans and vegetables. Sometimes he'll even toss in some chicken if he's feeling real fancy, but the vegetarian based dish tends to do the trick before an epic workout or practice. He also helped in preparation for their big christmas dinner! The young Karlstraße brought the deadliest mashed potatoes known to man!

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Well I really have never been a good cook. But Thomas Vanice is Austrian and so you don't really need a lot of great skills to make some of our favorite dishes. Or don't worry, your mom will make them for you! First off, every Austrian knows how to make Schnitzel! It's kind of fun to make honestly. You just get some meat, ideally I would say chicken or pork, though the more traditional version is with veal, and then kinda pound it into a flat shape. After that, dunk it into a bowl of eggs (egg yolkes I guess?) and then into a thingy of flour. Once that is done, you put it into breadcrumbs, until it is properly breaded. Then fry it in a pan and you have delicious Schnitzel! It's awesome! Beyond that, I honestly don't have a ton of skills and am a pretty bad cook. I don't know how to make any of the other amazing Austrian dishes like Gulasch or Kaiserschmarrn though I love to eat them. They are honestly amazing, you should try them!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]