Create Account

S53 PT #4 - Videoconferencing

We did a group facetime session and during this session we took turns showing off our home entertainment setups. Perry Morgan won the cutest setup award due to his little stuffed animal of a flareon that he had resting next to his computer. NEW prospect Frans Eller had the messiest setup, with several cans of PBR flooding his desk - seems like this guy is taking the suspension pretty rough! Slap McShotty's setup had some nice equipment but his new makeshift desk at home seemed to be running low on free space. He's used to playing in the middle of the ice as a center, but I guess he wants a taste of the tight corners at home! Another prospect, Ethan Price, had a luxurious setup with three different monitors (one for discord, one for also discord?, and one for gaming). One member of the group - I will not say who - had an embarrassingly pathetic setup, with a shitty laptop (that might have looked a bit sticky) resting on a $5 plastic IKEA folding chair. Ethan Price was astounded. @Flareon @Ace @bbjygm @Zomp

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 10:55 PM by CFJ.)

The DBC Video Conference was great. We had a few members from each league/promotion in the call. From the Dragons Bullet Club we had Otis B. Driftwood @Slappydoodle , Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy & Esa Parmborg @Steelhead77 as well as myself. From the New Japan OG Bullet Club we had "The Bad Boy" Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale, "Switchblade" Jay White, KENTA & Chase Owens. From the American Gaijin Bullet Club we had Adam Cole who had his girlfriend Brit Baker with him, the Young Bucks with appearances from their kids, "The Cleaner" Kenny Omega. And the Good Brother Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson who were feeling a little down after being released/furlowed by the WWE with the current situation going around the world. They were cracking jokes (some inappropriate ones that cannot be said in here and that would probably offend the entire site with how PC they can be) but yeah they benefited from this Video Call session as it went on most of the night.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Austin Roenick does not spend a lot of time with his teammates before and after games because he is always in the gym working out and of course, improving his skill and his game. But he does talk to his teammates on the phone and such so he is used to this except he has to stay home and social distance himself from others. It is tough to do so but he can handle it well with the experience of not always being with the others and he spending time alone anywhere, to be honest. He is not really a social guy because he likes to be by himself and doing his shit alone cause then it would be faster and then he does other stuff.

When it comes to video calling, he has done it before. But right now, its just talk about what is happening today and what should be done and when it will be the time to return back to hockey, so yeah.

[Image: giphy.gif]

When the Steelhawks got together for our recent conference call announcing Gabe as our new Co-GM, things got a little out of hand. It all started with Dale Miller straight up leaving the chat in anger, which sparked more people getting pissy with each other. It was at this point that Flacko Lagerfield decided to start rapping for some reason until Akashi Sixnine threatened to punch his dick in. Needless to say, this was not off to a good start. After things calmed down a bit, we noticed that one of the little boxes on our screens was just Gabe openly weeping at the hostile reaction he had received. Now everyone was making fun of him for that, which just led to more tears until Hallsy stepped in to cut it out. At the end of it all, we apologized to Gabe and all took him out for an expensive dinner, before leaving him with the bill and without a ride home.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Frans Eller is really bad at this whole quarantine thing

feat. @Ace @TheDangaZone

[Image: tFcUvE4.png]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Video conferences can be really fun in these trying times but there can be a lot of tough situations too. I mean, I really get along well with @slothfacekilla but there are times when it can be really hard on video conferences when you can clearly tell he smoked some weed or is only thinking about some tacos. He did a prank on me recently and it really seems like he is just a big clown who wants to joke around and doesn't take these leagues very seriously. On the latest team zoom call, he was walking around in his underwear and even got up to pee without muting himself or turning the camera off. I mean who does that? Nah I am just kidding around, we all love sloth and he is a great teammate and I love hanging out with everyone and catching up with all my teammates and I love hearing all their updates of their lives and seeing a glimpse into their life. Love you man, and all the rest of you teammates too!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

[Image: wjVSLvN.png]

Bouchard's teammates never believed him when he told them his petrol dealer was an alien. They thought that's what he saw in his lucid hallucinations. They'd heard Maxime's ramblings about his demands for payment having become more desperate during the pandemic. They didn't think they'd witness the exchange before their eyes though.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Right from the start everyone on his team figured this whole videoconferencing thing was gonna be a disaster for Leo Lockhart. And then sure enough, on the day of the first team zoom meeting, Leo had technical issues that only someone's technology illiterate great great grandma would have. First he had trouble connecting. The instructions said all he had to do was click one little link! Turns out even that was too difficult for poor Leo. Things weren't off to a great start. After that, he couldn't get his camera to work. He could see everyone else, but they couldn't see him. Then it was his audio that wasn't working. He could see everyone's lips moving, but he couldn't hear a damn thing! After a few minutes of fiddling with it, he finally got the audio to work, but his camera was still acting funky, so he just resigned himself to being heard, but not seen.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

It has been discussed recently that Zoltan has picked up some of the bread making skills that Wanesly has been teaching me for the last two months or so. There were a couple of days during the Quarantine that Red Fred wasn’t available to help some of the other guys cook for themselves. I was available one of those days and Burlok was interested in some help. I was mindlessly running through my recipes as Burlok was gathering ingredients to make the Overnight whole wheat blend special. Walking around with his Iphone Burlok was opening every drawer and cabinet in his pantry. I couldn’t help but notice there were just Errant potato’s everywhere. He opened up one of the cabinets for his mixing bowls and I kid you not 5 potato’s just rolled out and fell onto the floor. After he finally got the ingredients and we were ready to go, a potato fell into the mixing bowl when he was pouring the flour out. I had to ask WHY IS THERE A POTATO IN THE FLOUR CONTAINER. I know he heard me, but never answered my question.

@leviadan

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

With everything going on there has definitely been a lot more in the way of video calls and team conferences online. Of course The Velveteen Dream is a natural on camera though so this doesn't bother The Dream in the slightest bit but you can tell some teammates do not care for it at all. A lot of the poor rookies are definitely kind of shy on camera at first but they're slowly coming around with a little help from The Dream's natural charm. The funniest moment though is dealing with goalie Frans Eller's kids on video chat pretty much every day when we have a team chat. If they are not video bombing the chat itself running around or jumping on their dad then you can 100% hear them in the background playing, or more likely raising hell, in some fashion. He's a great dad though and all of the Kraken love to have Eller on stream. But of course everyone pails in comparison to the greatness that is The Velveteen Dream.

173 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

The Calgary Dragons recently had a group video chat that was... rather interesting. First of all, Otis B Driftwood forgot he was on video chat, assumed it was just audio and was naked during the whole chat, even with constant reminders that everyone could see him. Esa Parmborg, of course was covered in sauce from all hsi chickenb parms he ate, I counted 3 and a half in the roughly 1 hour chat we had. A doctor may actaully wanna go check on him as now that I think about it, no one has heard from him since. We saw Linda running around the background of Mike Izzys apartment, which pissed a lot of people off as we were told Linda was not for personal use, but apparently being a GM means you make your own rules. Those are just a few of the things that were witnessed on the chat, needless to say, there was many more hijinks on display, but the rest are unsuitable for this website.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Due to the Coronavirus the team has come up with a unique way of continuing practices. We all jump on a Zoom call together and the coaches go over footage from past seasons to help nail down fixes errors and perfecting our strategies. It's been a nice way to continue to bond as a team as well. One day we decided it was time to give the coaches a little trouble and to have some fun. What we decided what to do was to have someone ask someone else for a pencil and then we would have the pencil be passed from each person. So it looked like we were passing the pencil to each other through the cameras. It was very hard to keep a straight face especially while looking at the reactions of the coaches. It gave us all a good laugh after though which is needed in these hard times.

Falcons Canada

Oh man these video conference calls, where do I start. These things are getting out of hand, and personally I’m not a big fan. On top of that, there are a few Panthers players who really like them, and they want to have them all the time. I won’t name drop, but just know they really like these and I’m starting think they don’t have much else to do outside of this.

I got fed up with these at a certain point and I did the typical thing, I posted a pic of myself a little bit away from the camera so it would look like I was there. Now obviously it’s a photo and it wouldn’t move, but whatever. I think this would work pretty well until I got called on to answer something from management and I wasn’t answering and wasn’t near my computer. So yeah, if anyone is planning on skipping out on these video calls, just know it might cost you some ice time. I’ve seen my ice time cut and my production drop because I wasn’t answering management in these video conferring meetings.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Nick Brain's recent experiences with videoconferencing haven't really involved teammates, but have involved fellow SHLers. Nick recently appeared in some bits for TSN involving a trivia contest and hockey video game matches for charity. The bits taped were done via a video-conferencing app called Woosh, and it was a 4 person free for all with New Orleans Specters GM/player Joe Kurczewski, young Edmonton forward Julio Tokolosh, and Calgary icon Mike Izzy. During the trivia contests, Joe would regularly use his mysterious "executive powers" to cut the feed whenever Brain was about to answer a question, as well as gooning Nick's player relentlessly when the foursome would play SHL 53 for the Nintendo Switch. This stems back to a running gag of a feud between Joey K and Big Dick Nick, dating back to when Joey K proclaimed Nick to be "not elite" on a nationally broadcasted radio show, kickstarting a meme quoted with regularity on places such as r/SHLHockey.

It was all in good fun though, and both men helped raise money for charity all through the power of video conferencing, while giving journalists and Twitter jims the all-important hot takes needed to sustain their employment.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

Where do I start?

With these conference calls I am lucky enough to be involved in 3 different groups. The Jets, the Stampede and friends I made in the Prospect Game in S45. The prospect one is simple enough, just catching up, meeting wives and girlfriends of players and of course trying to get dirt on where some of us may be playing next season. The Jets one is alright, some light rough housing and always gossip. I think I even saw Barron's bearded face on there last week. But the best one bar none is the Stampede one. Why? Because last week @hhh81 answered the call and it looked like it was weirdly zoomed in on his mouth. Nope, my man positioned his ass in front of the camera and somehow answered the call like that. Just an ass, for five whole minutes. I about died laughing. Good stuff as always.