Create Account

S69 PT #1: Surplus January 29th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

HOCKEY PROMPT

Salary caps are effectively a necessity for any sport looking to maintain competitive parity. Without a form of control on team spending and team talent, you may end up with such an unbalanced system as soccer does. Even with soft salary caps, such as in the MLB and NBA, there is still a lack of parity in my opinion. The fun in sports, to me, comes from the unexpected, just as STHS is preferable to FHM to me. Not even necessarily underdog stories, but if the game is decided before it is even played, then what is the fun in it? That is a big reason why I like hockey so much: it's a fast, multi-faceted, complex sport where it is nearly impossible to know the outcome, and it's a big reason why a lot of other sports are such a turn-off for me. Even F1, historically a sport without parity whatsoever, is introducing caps in a manner to balance competition (albeit it's hard to tell how much of an effect that's had in addition to the new cars).

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

[Image: pt124.png?width=731&height=427]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

[Image: surplus.png]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Instead of a concourse where people and dogs and otters and creatures roam around by foot by walking because the ground is dry and you can easily step one foot in front of the other normal style to walk on dry land, we will turn the concourse into a massive slip n slide that goes all the way around the arena so it's really difficult to walk normal style and instead people are all slippery and covered in lube and suds and need to slide around the concourse instead. of course people may need to stop sliding in order to ascend the ramp up to their seats in the arena or grab a world famous Pablo Salvatici Pale Ale at the vendor @Jepox or perhaps an even more world famous Angus McFife XVIII grilled cheese sandwich @micool132 so evenly spaced throughout the slip n slide concourse there are metal busts of Binko Koivu's world famous ass (butt) @goldenglutes and they are surrounded by inflatable tubing so that if one were to ram into one it wouldn't hurt much or also you can grab onto one of those cheeks to stop your momentum and go purchase a food or drink. of course those butt cheeks would get slippery themselves so @RenoJacksonHS stands by the bronze cheeks to buff them and keep them grabbable and not too wet

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

PT pass because I do not believe in money.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

ISFL Affiliate

Admittedly, the locker rooms in Regina have gotten a bit older than I think anyone would like. So, with the surplus money we would upgrade both locker rooms. Of course for the visitors, it won't be anything too fancy as we don't want them getting too comfortable. But for the home team Elk, we are talking about a full on gut job in the off season. There will be brand new lockers, much more spacious for apparel and equipment. In the middle of the locker room will be the big Elk logo. There will also be an added room that will act as a spa, for those rough games where a player needs a bit extra attention before feeling good to go for the next game. A recreation room will also be added, complete with gaming consoles, a pool table, and a foosball table for the players to wind down after practice or if they arrive early. Lastly, the entire locker room will receive a brand new paint job in Elk yellow and purple, so that everyone knows they are right at home.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Creative Prompt
3 million dollars seems like a lot of money to give to a random player (and also team captain) in order to upgrade the facility however they want instead of having some executive do it but I'll take it. I would start be revamping the fitness center and adding in those treadmills with oxygen masks on them (I don't know what they do but they look cool). Next instead of ice baths we'd install cold tubs (opposite of a hot tub) to try and get everyone to recover after games faster. I would install a whole new shower system since certain players who will not be named have really stunk up the old one. Next I would hire a nutritionist to yell at players to stop eating timmy's after every game and start training. Lastly with any money left over I would just make the place look cool, new lighting, extra logos everywhere and a lot of shiny new equipment. Hopefully next time any extra money can go into my 30 mil a season contract demands.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Creative prompt

With 3 million dollars we will take care and touch up some of the old repairs to the old rink. We have a great community so we also have lots of volunteers to give us a hand in creating the best barn around. Half of the money will be in upgrades to a new training and exercise room for the team. Making sure we are up to date on the latest work out gear including equipment,ice baths and hot tubs. We will include the newest cardio equipment and weight sets. The locker room will be repainted and Knights logos with updated player stalls and flooring. The other half of the money will be for the fans installing new comfort seating and better electronics for audio and visual. We will also update the concessions and offer more of a pro league experience. We will also add another set of bathrooms so nobody has to wait around in between periods. We want to make it the best junior league experience for the best fans around.

PT pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Creative Prompt

After the amazing upgrades to the arena district, it's now time to give some love to the team as well. First, we're throwing out the existing player and staff garage. Replacing it with an underground, automated garage tower. If you could call it that. It's one of those automatic garages with only one small room opening. You drive in, exit, and your car is lowered into an underground spot. We're placing this tower right next to the home team locker room. Don't want anyone to have to walk a bunch or up and down stairs. Just drive into the arena, step out, and take a seat at your spot in the locker room.

Secondly, we're removing the need for referees completely. The ice and boards are being equipped with high-tech cameras and sensors. Creating a 3D image of everything that happens on the ice at all times. Allowing us to automate any offside calls, goals, penalties, etc. Based on machine learning. And to top it off - For face offs the pucks will drop from the ceilings.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(Hockey Prompt) Jarrod Lakemore never really understood the whole salary cap thing as UK sports, particularly football, use a different system. Lakemore prefers this system-- to him, the salary cap and even the draft seem are ways of forcing cyclical parity, ensuring that teams are never too good for too long, or particularly bad for too long. Instead, he believes a team should be rewarded for being run well and for bringing in more revenue than other teams. It is strange to him that the worst, least supported teams may get to draft a once in a generation player on their team, regardless of what that player may want to do. He also thinks it would be much more exciting to have a smaller number of truly excellent teams, rather than a large number of merely above average teams. While some would complain that it would become a matter of who spends the most, Lakemore would note that even in North American sports, the Yankees, for example, do not win every season (or even close to every season). Furthermore, hockey players further down the roster likely see less ice time, something not every player would be willing to accept, regardless of monetary compensation. Though Lakemore does see some of the benefits behind the salary cap, he still thinks a well run and well supported team should be able to spend more on players than a poorly run and poorly supported one.

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Creative prompt

Great to hear the good news and receive some recognition for our hard work in the neighbourhood. We already have a stellar arena, but our lockerroom could use a bit of an upgrade to get it all up to par with what you'd expect from a royalty themed franchise.

Apart from upgrading the lockerroom, I also want ro ensure we have a tax-efficient setup for our corporate structure. So about a third of the cash will go to setting up various offshore entities, and creating an efficient royalty structure to which we'll lease our intellectual property after selling it to a stiftung specifically setup for the protection of this IP. The whole thing will be managed by an orphan Dutch private limited company. Anyway I digress.

Royalty doesnt share. So we'll all need our own personal lockerroom, with an ensuite bathroom and gym. We can have a large communal room where we can have our teammeetings and spend our free time. But as royals we appreciate our privacy.

Also, I want a new Xbox.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]