Create Account

S70 mPT #0: A Quick Question Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

I really loved having the chance to pick from a few different but related prompts last season. It really helps in terms of finding something that comes naturally. Would also love more opportunities to build the lore/story around my player, but I'm sure that's not for everyone. What we've had has been great!

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

So as a new member of this league and in my very first season completing SHL PTs I don't feel like I have much to say yet on this front. I do like TPE though, so I'll say that I'm super excited to be up here doing big-league PTs!

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

I agree with what a few people already mentioned, I prefer prompts that are pretty open ended and chaotic. It really opens up what you can talk above and vomit out of my keyboard once a week.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Not sure it's changing much, I think you guys have done a great job, but I personally have liked the idea of having one very creative prompt and then one strict hockey prompt. If I'm feeling creative I can just do that one, but some weeks I'd rather just write about boring hockey stuff

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

All I can ask for is some nice options, it can't go crazy enough. Give people some fun things to do and not only standard hockey prompts and everything should be alright. Have fun with things!

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

It’s an extremely fine line to toe, trying to keep everyone happy. It’s never going to actually happen, there’s a good split between hardcore hockey fans and people more into the rp side of things. Trying to keep everyone happy isn’t going to work, without making a rod for your own back. Just keep doing what you’re doing!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

I really don’t have anything I would change involving PT’s. They were pretty rough when I first joined but Lev really did a great job making PT’s fun and easy to write. But maybe change CW please.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I think the PTs are fun and engaging so far. They have been interesting topics to write about. I think moving forward add more topics to discus the players interactions in the locker rooms. Those are fun to write about.

Foil Up Boys

How about a PT sometime where its us asking the PT staff, PT questions?  Like a create your own adventure sort of thing?  That could be interesting, or a complete failure.  See its already working?

I actually think the league is too cash based. Make it more point task related and increase the value of TPE earned per task. For example a media post can give you increments of TPE per words.

150 words = 2 TPE
300 words = 4 TPE
500 words = 6 TPE

I like the idea of cash being earned through jobs but should be used to buy regression fighters or little TPE bumps during the season. I find it’s a little messy how things are currently.

I'm biased in that I think PPT team does a pretty good job, but I do really feel like the prompts are cool. Now that stinky Leviadan is gone everything should be ok (just kidding!)

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

I really think that everything is doing great here and you don't need to change something. We just need interesting tasks to do and that's it. Maybe include something from real world too.

The only thing I can really say about SHL and your PT's is 1.) You guys do a good job of not repeating so much 2.) This is very awkward but one of my things would be dont use SHL specific PT's because im bad at hockey. But by no means do I think you should take that because this is a hockey league. 

66 words

i think they get a bit tedious and force me to phone it in and fully type out acronyms to hit the word count so some more creativity would go a long way

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I'm generally happy with the state of PTs. One thing the SHL does that I really like, and that I hope will continue, is giving two different prompts for each task, a standard hockey-related prompt and a more creative prompt. I like having more than one possibility to get inspired by! I also enjoy the mini PTs, because it's always 1 easy TPE!

[Image: michiganshl.gif]