Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Option 1
[Image: shl_stats_pt.png?ex=65847ad8&is=657205d8...ee80a1f68&]

I mean, if they're paying me and it's not going to interfere with my play, why would I not wear the thing? Sure, I think analytics have jumped the shark in some sports (looking at you, baseball) but I don't believe hockey to be one of them. If the analytics favor me and make me look even better, it's more of an ego stroke on how good I really am and I can flex on the haters with it. If they make me look like an overrated meatball? I just tell the nerd that nobody let them out of their locker before shoving them right back in. The only reason I can think of not to wear the thing is comfort (see: neck guards right now), and I'm assuming based on the prompt that it's basically a "you won't even notice it's there" sort of thing.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Having been told that many other players in the league would participate with similar apparel, Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen saw it as an acceptable offer. The equipment was surprisingly resilient and could manage the grit and grind of a hockey game. That said, the equipment itself is still a bit buggy and had a hard time chronicling certain statistics, which was a bit disappointing but he seemed appreciative of the technology. "Innovation requires testing and trialling. As long as you don't give up, you'll reach your desired level," said the Calgary Dragons Dutchman.

When asked if it messed up his playing style, the young man rejected such a notion. "Well, I didn't see any noticeable differences in playing with the equipment when compared to playing without it. So as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing really in the way. Our team's not that great yet, so maybe you'd have to look at that first," replied Sunrise during a post-game media conference.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

As long as I can work with them as a partner, with some stake in the product then absolutely, hell give me a percentage instead of cash money, because I'm all about those investments for a nice retirement.
With me on board I can really dictate what kinds of things that I as a player would like to see. Sure things will bleed over into the fan side, but I do think that getting in early and having some say could produce some really good results. Measuring heart rate in different situations, noticing any physical tenancies in positive and negative shifts, leading up metrics to bad decisions are all useful information that might give insight into what is going on. Better yet if these are physically manifested, then those might have signs that you can pick up on in the moment and course correct.
This is going to be good information, and it's a nice set up for my looming retirement.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Affiliate PBE PT

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Option 2:

Brooklyn Physt would absolutely be a part of these kinds of analytics positions. Its a new age with new technology that does not really frighten this new generation. Sure the pay is not major, but that is what being able to play in the SHL is for. This opportunity just lets her be part of the first wave of easy tracking that can be used for all sorts of applications such as: Fantasy accuracy, stat tracking to build a HOF case, The ability for the staff at the SHL and the SMJHL to be able to accurately post stats to their website and knock on to official partner games as well.

It seems like it would be a bunch of sensors attached to the insides of various parts of her gear like her helmet, elbow pads, and shin guards most likely. Possibly working in conjunction with both leagues to get some sensors into specially made pucks.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Option 1:

If the article says that Marcel Beck is the most underrated player on the juggernaut Winnipeg Aurora, they would be correct. Max earning, high possession driver with great defense, Beck was nominated for a few awards a few seasons ago, but has largely flown under the radar of his two younger teammates, Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger. Both O'Neil and Kinsinger have many award nominations and wins and the rightful stats and ice play to go along with it. Not taking away from them, they have had an excellent #3 behind them for a large part of their career. Beck has been one of the most consistent defensemen in terms of across the board production for the last ten seasons. With this extended resume, Beck will most likely break a number of franchise records, and maybe even league records for defensemen. But, alas, he does not have the spotlight despite such achievements. That's okay though, as long as Winnipeg can bring home a few more cups in his career.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

Option 2 / Written Task

If I was offered a chance to wear monitoring equipment for this analytics site, I would accept the offer for sure. Although I am not fully in the camp of "analytics should determine all" when it comes to sports, I do believe there is a big place for advanced statistics in any sport, and especially hockey. For this instance in particular, the fact that it would be used to generate more public buzz and consumption of statistics, I think it is a win-win as we will be able to continue to grow the game and league that we love, while also allowing for some really cool discussions amongst fans and players. I would also use this as a personal marketing opportunity, to allow me to connect with fans of my player and of the Renegades. I absolutely love interacting with fans, and this sounds like it would be a great opportunity for me to talk with them in a new way and really connect with them on a new level.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Option 2:

Denebor Milasch would accept wearing the analytics tracking gear for the season. He would be more than happy to help analysts understand goaltending at a higher level since it is considered such an enigma as far as drafting and playing goes. The only stipulation that Denebor would have would be that they will need to provide multiple copies of all the sensors since he will be getting shelled every night for the Kraken and they are likely to get broken or wear out. They should end up with high quality data due to the sheer number of data points that will be available after this season. Hopefully these discoveries will lead to a better understanding of how to properly grade goaltender performances because not all six goals against nights are the same and the media needs to understand that. Denebor Milasch is also a numbers guy so any chance he has to provide statistics or help with scientific research he will always take.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

Absolutely I would accept any sort of sponsorship from a fan site! If you're quick to turn your back on your closest allies it's a quick path to losing faith in your fan base! Really though it's a win win win scenario here. Firstly the equipment won't impact my play one bit so no worries there. Secondly that sweet sweet pay check is gonna help my poor butt to pay for the absurdly expensive personal trainer who I employ on a weekly bases, and cover that $8.4m for a new jock strap each season. And last but not least think of the marketing opportunities of whatever hockey equipment is being marked as worn by a player who is a literal cat. Hockey, despite having a number of animal mascots, has yet to begin to tap into the home pet market. Just saying hockey equipment for animals is just 6 degrees away from an Air Bud Hockey movie.

157 words

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]

OPTION 2: Graphic

[Image: PFFREo9.gif]

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Have you even noticed Lester Oiduser out on the ice? No? Wondering who that is? Well, your Specters have a star in the making in their hands, as he is your stalwart stay at home defenseman you love you have but hate to notice! He just quietly does the job of stopping the opposition star forwards from scoring at will. He takes a beating blocking all those shots, and occasionally gets some payback with a big hit. Did you know he was nominated for Bojo Biscuit? Neither did I until I did some research. He is really coming into his own in the D zone, and with a little more experience he should start putting up better numbers on the offensive end, that's where you get the accolades. He plays hard, eats minutes, takes a battering of pucks, and just keeps on going. So lets have a nice cheer for him next time you see him, he is doing it all out there and you didn't even know it.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]