Create Account

S76 Championship Week Due: Thursday, May 23th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2024, 01:35 PM by Valpix. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
spaghetti

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 76! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?
The Season 76 Challenge Cup belongs to the San Francisco Pride, their first title ever, and it's more than well deserved. Aside from a Game 2 shutout, the Platoon were just no match for the Pride's high-powered offense, one that hung 18 goals in the final three games. Baltimore did their best, but part of the playoffs is defending your home ice - the Pride did, the Platoon did not (losing Games 1 and 5 on home ice, including getting smoked in a 5-0 shutout loss in the decider), and thus it's San Francisco hoisting the Cup. Still a great season for the Platoon, and they'll be back.

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE - But I thought the season was already over (150 words min.)
Challenge Cup Finals might be over and season switch done on portal but there is still sims going on SMJHL. Write a preview (or if you are really late, a review) about this seasons Four Star Cup Finals.
This season's Four Star Cup final sees the Quebec City Citadelles taking on the Maine Timber. Over the last few seasons, Quebec City has built one of the most rock-solid cores in the J over the last few seasons, and for many of them this is their last shot at a trophy. They were the best team in the regular season by a healthy distance, have lost just one playoff game to this point, and smoked the #2 team in the league (Newfoundland) in the semifinals. Maine won a title in S73, and still has a few players from that squad remaining. This is a phenomenal championship final matchup but I will go with Quebec City because my head agrees with my heart. They have high-end talent, depth, offense, defense, form, and past defeats to fuel them, and Song Ju-gong has been on a tear in net. But I expect Maine will not make it easy.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Presidents’ Trophy Curse (150 words min.)
Seattle Argonauts won both the Challenge Cup and Presidents’ Trophy in S68, but no team has won both during the same season since. Yet season 75 Los Angeles Panthers and season 72 Winnipeg Aurora both won the cup after being second best team during the regular season. Do you think that winning regular season has impact on playoffs performance outside of seedings and home advantage? Would you say San Francisco is better of coming into the series with second seed or will Baltimore get more out of their home advantage than any curse could hurt them?

I think it's most important for the Baltimore Platoon to win this seasons Challenge Cup. Let's level with each other for a moment, Baltimore has gone through it this season, and their fans need this win. The Francis Scott Key bridge was vital to the region. It's collapse is a massive blow to everyone, I mean, have you tried driving across town now? It's awful! It sucks! The only thing Baltimore fans have left to cheer for is this hockey team. It's a welcome distraction. It's a necessary focus. Baltimore is carrying the entire city on their backs. That's also why I think they cannot lose. This just means more to Baltimore. Baltimore is playing more than just for each other, Baltimore is playing for the nation! We are a stronger SHL when we have a strong Baltimore. Any good true hearted hockey fan is rooting for Baltimore in this Challenge Cup, and I hope they hoist the cup for the whole world to see. Baltimore Strong ! We are all one platoon!

(172)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Haven't I seen this already (150 words min.)
SHL has a playoffs setup that has teams in the same division playing each other for the first two rounds.With only 5 teams in each division it often means that same teams play versus each other season after season. This can lead to good rivalries but also get pretty repetitive. Do you think this is a good structure or would you like to see it changed? Why? You can but don't have to ignore limits of FHM.

I think the fact that each team plays each divisional rival every single damn year is so so boring! Wow, why do we do this! We want new match-ups! We want something new to watch! I think SHL teams should play teams that aren't even in the SHL in the early rounds of the playoffs! Can the Platoon beat Navy? Can the Aurora beat the Wild? Can the New England Wolfpack beat the New England Patriots in a best of seven series where half the games are played on the ice and half the games are played on an ice cold hockey rink? I want to see who are the best of the best, no matter the sport. How can we say the challenge cup winner I'd the world champion when we don't even know if the players of the San Francisco Pride can hackey sack with the best of our nations college sophomores? We really need to reconsider how we determine who is the best SHL team every year.

(170)

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much you expect them to change this time?

Its another thrilling Shl championship week and another chance for me to weigh in on the real competition every year, the IIHF championships! One thing I really like about the IIHF is that Sweden can't decide to get rid of me, I was born here mother truckaaaaas! I am Swedish till I die. My last player was Swedish. The player before that was Swedish. And my next player was Swedish. I am a Swede! SVIERGE! I have some great analysis for the next IIHF. Sweden is going to win it all! We have the best players in the world! Including me, Johnny Four Star! I will change my name to Johnny Four Gold Medals because thats what I'll end up with! We are so good! Who is going to beat us! Finland? Nah. Canada? No way! Ireland? Fugghetaboutit! No one will ever be as good as this Swedish squad! We are the greatest! I play hockey to represent my beloved country!

(161)

Code:

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Neither of the teams have been relying on one or two superstar forwards to do all their goal scoring in playoffs, but if you had to pick a player you expect to carry their team to cup who would it be?
b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?
c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
2E
 I think a lion wins in a fight. Although the Eagle is able to fly, the Eagle just simply doesn't have the strength to do anything with the lion. Once the eagle tries to swoop in for the kill, BAM. Lion will grab it right out of the air. Even if the eagle happens to get a few pecks in, it would most likely look to pick it up and that just simply isn't possible. Lion wins everytime.

SIMMER CW PASS

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
TPE

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, I have a plan
So either you won the cup or at least dream of doing so. And when you win you get to take cup with you and show it around.
Create an image showing your player and most exotic place they would/will take the cup to.

[Image: i-Stock-482799971-Brazil-Amazon-Rainfore...terbox.png]

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Round 76
Create a graphic that shows a lion and an eagle fighting.

[Image: ice-hockey-rink-670px-1.png]

CW Pass

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

GM Pass

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 04:05 AM by Salming.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Borje

3. Written, 3 TPE, Long Time Coming (150 words min.)
Both teams were competent in early S60s but ultimately didn’t end up winning the cup leading both into a rebuild shortly after. Now they are back at the top, looking to end long cup droughts. Making it to the finals isn’t easy and so both teams will want to make this one count. But there can be only one Challenge Cup Champion, leaving the other team to look ahead to next season. For which of the teams you think it is more important to win now and which is in better position to get back to the finals in the future? Why?

Well, this is an easy one. It is more important to win now for the San Francisco Pride. Because Seattle Argonauts will soon be again a real threat for all other teams in the league from the Pacific division. I am 100% sure this is the last time Pride will play in the finals for the next 25 seasons. And they will fail to win. Because Baltimore Platoon has an asset called Max Manning. A multiple time Challenge Cup winner and a clutch product of the Seattle Hockey Program. He knows how to win hockey games when stakes are extremely high. He will lead Platoon to an easy win. My prediction is something like 4-1 so it will a gentlemen's sweep in other words. Manning will probably score couple of hat tricks in his way to be an playoffs MVP once again. So yeah, I hate to say ugly truth but this will not be a competitive final series unfortunately. Platoon will roll over Pride.

11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

William Salming is indeed an Finnish hockey player and that's why he chose to represent the country which is his home country instead of pursuing glory from somewhere else. For him the Finnish hockey traditions are very important. He remember to gather as a young child to watch men's national team play every year in the World Championships tournament. He learned to love the LION jersey. It is above everything else. For Sweden it is Tre Kronor. For Canadiens it is a Maple Leaf jersey. But for the Finnish people it is a lion jersey and that's why Salming had no other chance than to represent Finland in the SHL IIHF tournaments! That s a long story to put in short.

[Image: salming.png]

CW Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

GM Pass

Foil Up Boys
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 10:50 AM by ZootTX. Edited 4 times in total.)

PBE affiliate +3 TPE

1. CW TRIVIA +3 TPE
word: spooky

8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Round 76
[Image: QbnL4b8.png]

8 total TPE

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 10:29 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia Codeword: Hope

+3 TPE

PBE affiliate PT

+3 TPE

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 11:04 PM by enigmatic. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Verification Word (3)

2. e. (1)
I got the lion on this one. The eagle has air superiority but it's not like it's a bomber who can drop stuff on the lion to win. It'll need to fly low to attack and the lion can just smack it out of the sky. I also just imagine the lion to be more resistant so I think it would last longer.
2. f. (1)
It's a tough one. You compare both teams during regular seasons and it's difficult to pick a winner. San Francisco has the best offense in the league, while Baltimore did the best on defense. I would still go with San Francisco.

3. (3)
I think that both teams are in a relatively big window to win cups but San Francisco seems like the team that will be winning for a very long time. Justin Time's regression will start to hurt but as we all know, goalie TPE isn't a huge factor when you have a good team playing for you and he does. Ramen is also a good earner so he'll be able to slow down his regression quite a bit. San Francisco's core is extremely young and they have great earners at every position.

Baltimore also looks great but they have a few more aging veterans on their roster and except for a couple players, they don't have a huge pool of interesting prospects to replace them. Again, it's really a question of nitpicking for the sake of my CW because I think both those teams will have a chance at reaching the finals multiple times over the next few seasons.

8/8

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

My last use of the CW pass

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 11:45 AM by Dash. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

Verification Word- Dash

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 76! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

Looks like the San Francisco Pride have won Season 76! After dominating at home all year and using their home ice advantage well..to their advantage, The Pride have finally broke through for the 1st time in team history to claim their first SHL championship after a slugfest of a series vs Baltimore Platoon. The pride have been a well balanced all year long with hardly any weakness, a perfect oiled machine so to speak. Baltimore on the other hand needed more goals particularly on special teams and 5v5. Their Goaltending let them down when the series was on the line in an OT loss in Game 7.

WC-107

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Neither of the teams have been relying on one or two superstar forwards to do all their goal scoring in playoffs, but if you had to pick a player you expect to carry their team to cup who would it be?
b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?
c. Willow Söderberg-Snooks has 7 goals, 18 points, 18 takeaways and no giveaways, is that enough to make them best defenceman in finals? Who would you pick instead?
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

2F- I Got San Francisco Pride, as i said in another TP they have been dominate all year long, their depth is much better than Baltimore and the goalscoring is just night and day give me the pride in hard fought 7 games unless the Platoon goalie goes on a Tim Thomas type of run. but i just don't see that happening here SFP is just too talented.

2E- This is an easy one! I mean you have to go with a Lion here right? Yes and No. If the Lion gets ahold of the Eagle this one is over in a heartbeat, however the eagles flies and could easily keep its distance while swooping in and gouging at the Lion. Even with that being said i think it's just a matter of time before the Lion gets one mighty swipe in and gets the the Eagle to the ground and its all over from there!

2A- Both teams have been absolutely amazing this year and during their respective cup runs, Not one person have rose up above and beyond any other person, But if i had to pick one person to be that person it has to be Viktor Hargreeves for me. absolute stud and a work horse led the league in multiple scoring categories and if one man is going to carry a team. it's certainly him!

TPE 8/8

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]