Create Account

S77 PT #2: Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger Due: Sunday, June 23rd @ 11:59 PM PST

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Graj would win skills competitions and faceoffs against opponents who are better than him by making faces and farting noises at random times. His opponents know that he does this, but the fact that they are expecting it means that he can change up thw frequency, rhythm, exact faces and noises, and get into his opponents head by causing their concentration to be disrupted and causing them to be focused on two things at once, meaning that if the puck is dropped at the time they expect but they're still waiting on the fart noise, they won't be as likely to react faster. Of course this doesn't always work, as Graj also ends up distracting himself and not expecting the puck drop. That allows his reactions to kick in, and typically his reaction time is good enough to win against most players. He has a career faceoff win percentage of well over 54%, so he knows he's good.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Option 1:

"My answer is: no. I don't care how entertaining it might be, give it to somebody else." This season has been hard enough for Simo as it is, going from the heights of completing the three-peat at the WJC to sitting at the rock bottom of the league standings, saved only from the indignity of having the worst defensive record by the even more inept Patriotes, and now this nonsense?

"Simo, please think it over. You're one of our biggest young stars, doing this would be incredible for the marketing. Just imagine - the White Death, Simo Jaaskelainen, boasting all the power the winter offers!"

"You are certifiably insane. If you think it's that important, you go through it and join the squad."

"If that was an option, I would!"

"Well, it looks as though it isn't. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not sorry at all. Find some other idiot who would let you twist up their DNA for fake advantages."

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: l9CZq3v.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2024, 04:49 PM by roquefort. Edited 1 time in total.)

Roquefort Cotswald undergoing a player enhancement program à la Captain America sounds more like reality than fantasy. This mouse is already on the juice. He takes every performance enhancing drug that he's aware of. For better or worse, it turns out that's limited to only different cultures of cheese-related molds. While he doesn't need more drugs, let's imagine he gets put on the REAL crazy stuff. I imagine he'd grow in size - ballooning up from his typical 8 inch frame to a massive goliath of a rat standing no less than 9 feet tall. His large hulking head stooped down in front of him, a slight drool dripping onto the ice. His eyes glow with fury as he prepares to launch himself into the nearest opposition. He's large, he's fast, he's a rat. Wait until I hit 2000 TPE and this "fantasy" becomes your realities! Rat cruise missile gets a bigger payload! 

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Option 2:

Being a sophomore in the SHL means you usually outmatched on the ice many times. These are skilled veterans in the SHL and I'm just coming into my own, still developing and creating my game. On defence, I'm up against some very stiff competition so I need to always be on my game if I want any success.

The one thing I always rely on is my positioning. Being able to get into position and stay with the play is huge. You're able to see the play developing and give you a better chance to react to the opposition. If you're out of position, you find yourself chasing the play the whole time and become a mess. I always try to stay in front of the opposing player and make them have to adjust to me. At the end of the day, I sacrifice my body and try to block as many shots as I can. As I grow and develop and hit my prime, I can take over games in different ways, but for now, positioning and shot blocking are my strengths that I use to keep up with the veterans in the league.

(195 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 14] [Pts 17] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 33] [SB 156]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Option 2

Dan has never been the best player on any of the teams he has played on let alone the best player in any league, so therefor he is an expert at playing above his skill set. To accomplish this you need to be smart and use other factors to achieve what is needed. Is a player faster than Dan? Then he needs to use angles and positioning to his advantage. Is there someone that is outmuscling Dan in front of the net? Then Dan needs to get creative with his positioning and stick placement. There are always ways to accomplish any goal you have, even if you aren't technically advanced enough to accomplish this on paper.  You just have to out think and outperform your opponent. Will you accomplish this every time? Obviously not, but if you don't try you will never accomplish it anyways. That is Dan's recipe for success.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Written Option 1: Your player has been chosen to undergo a player enhancement program à la Captain America in order to create the next super SHL player to make the league more entertaining for fans. How does your player gain their newfound abilities? What sort of superhuman abilities does this program give your player? What would be their peak TPE?

To start off I want to make it clear Alexandros Mograine is clearly already the perfect player and has no such need of a player enhancement program. That being said should he be subjected to one for fan entertainment, he would be taking part in the HUG (huggers upgrade growth) program. This super prestigious and well thought out program involves Alexandros spending as much time as possible hugging as many players and referees on the ice as possible with an extra boost being given should he hug every referee/linesmen and player on the ice. Hugging the potentially 37 other people on the ice is no small task but if he manages it will receive 1 TPE per player hugged and +5 for hugging everyone for a potential 42 TPE a game. Using some math over the course of a 66 game season *42 TPE would equal out to 2772 earned TPE over the course of the regular season not including playoffs and preseason it is easy to see the potential of this program is near limitless!

-176 words
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2024, 08:51 AM by Cobbenstein. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2

Denebor has to contend with opposing players being of a high caliber than him on a regular basis. As a goalie, Denebor is not much for shooting or skating or anything like that so it is always a mismatch when someone is skating towards him with the puck. Denebor overcomes this in a variety of ways such as working on reflexes or watching tape. Watching tape on the top scorers in the league gives away a ton of little intracacies and ticks that a lot of scorers emulate. Otherwise most of his usual work and practice really is meant to help him contend with any scorer in the league. As far as matchups against other higher skill goalies, it is not really a head to head match up. Denebor does feed off of the other goalie playing hot, but for the most part they are both kind of in their own little worlds when out on the ice.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Inge Baardsen uses the element of surprise as his biggest weapon on the ice. Coming in at under 6 feet tall and weighing less than 185 pounds, the young Norwegian has all the hallmarks of a speedy little skilful winger, who will do his best to avoid physical confrontations with opposing defensemen and may try occasionally get a stick in to try and poke the puck away from opposing players, but won’t really play *defense*. Well, that is a dangerous assumption to make. Baardsen led the whole SMJHL in Hits last season, and does again this season at the time of writing. A nominee for the Brandon Holmes award for top defensive forward (in the awards that haven’t happened almost a third of the way through the following season), Baardsen is actually a really physical player, throwing his small-ish frame around and using every one of his 184 lbs to crash into opposing players. Don’t ever discount the little guy!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Graphic Option: Draw your player undergoing the play enhancement program.

[Image: mctPVzv.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

option 2: Lias has been having to outmatch bigger more physical opponents his entire life. He's a power forward who's 5'7" and weighs 180 pounds soaking wet, so he's had his work cut out for him in that regard. To compensate, he's just learned how to throw his weight around more effectively, put a little more thought into it. If he mindlessly slams himself into another guy he's going to lose that battle every time, but he has put a lot of practice into figuring out exactly where to aim his hits to throw the other player off balance, both physically and mentally. It's been relatively successful; he's had a pretty good career in the SHL doing what he's always loved, so I think he's had good luck with that strategy he chose way back when people told him he was "too small to play that kind of game" and encouraged him to avoid hits entirely, which he refused to do.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

option 1

First of all, I am honored to be chosen as the next super SHL player. I promise I won't disappoint you all and will give the fans an incredibly super show. My peak TPE would be over 9000. That's right, it would be OVER NINE THOUSAND! How would I attain such an obscene amount of TPE? Well, I'd start out by copying other peoples' PTs. That would provide me a base TPE total to operate under. Next, I'd bribe league officials for the remaining TPE amount. If they are going to make me a super player, they'd have no choice. Otherwise, I'd become a SHL super villain! Now, my powers would be simple. 100% shooting accuracy all of the time. So I'd be automatically scoring goals from my own blue line off of my backhand straight into the back of the opposing teams net. The puck would act as a heat seeking missile straight towards the net. I'd break every record imaginable within a handful of games. It will get old fast however. Expect ticket sales and viewership to plummet. But you will also not be able to stop me. I will continue and I will prevail.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]