Create Account

North Stars GM Vacancy Announcement

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 11 2014, 10:09 PM

You really have a hard time reading don't you? I traded people who WERE LEAVING REGARDLESS. Lol, maybe you're the type of dipshit that would trade players who you know full well where they're signing to whoever gives up the most, but I'm not interested in doing that. I'd rather be respectful and not attempt to fuck people over, you act like I planned this :lol: Sorry that extenuating circumstances have happened that has forced me to be active maybe an hour a day AT MOST. So what you'd prefer is to stay as GM with that whopping activity. It's not that I don't want to be active it's I CAN'T Be any more active. I didn't enter a rebuild with the intention of leaving the GM position at all. Shit happens, sorry that I'm not going to jeopardize my job and my financial well-being to be a GM when there are people who are more than happy to step in and accept the position and can devote the time to it.

Ilike

Honestly, having been there through most of the situation and hearing it 1st hand, Maxy handled it with class and handled it well. Honestly, I don't know how much of a return he can maximize and while the Toast trade may not have been idea, that's someone now who you can look at building a franchise around in a rebuild. The player is young and a veteran member, which is a ridiculously important piece to a rebuild by having those factors.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 11 2014, 10:20 PM
I don't want to judge any of the specific moves Maxy made, but even if you are busy with real life and got dealt a tough hand here, don't you feel bad that you have basically left two franchises in shambles in a very short time now?
I haven't left Toronto in shambles, I'm not abandoning Toronto, Toronto still has quite a crop of young players, a rebuild was necessary, Krever knew it when he chose me. I started the process unfortunately I am unable to see it through to completion. WKP didn't benefit or suffer from me leaving them, Syckez and I knew the direction that WKP needed to head to get back to being successful, Syckez was excited to have a team to GM, people seem to forget WKP was a season removed from being cup finalists, and made it to the 2nd round the season right before I left.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 11 2014, 07:15 PM

I moved them pretty much the day before free agency opened. They weren't on expiring contracts, their contracts were already expired. They wanted to hang on for one more shot at a cup with Toronto, unfortunately we came up short. I didn't have the option of waiting and seeing, it was either, enter a rebuild at the deadline and move them to high bidders (Which made no sense as we were competing for the top spot in the East and were cup contenders, as we proved by making it to the finals) or hold on to them and make a run for the cup. I chose option B. I didn't exactly have the option to wait.

o ok I think i see it now. They were UFA the season after you started. So it's just basically horrible asset management on your part.

Also, whether people agreed or not, there was some sort of tampering in Toronto. The former Rage could agree to come back to the Rage but Scherbluks and Wongs were not former Rage.

To add to the fact that our commissioner have access talking to them in skype or whatnot everyday eh?

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 11 2014, 10:09 PM

You really have a hard time reading don't you? I traded people who WERE LEAVING REGARDLESS. Lol, maybe you're the type of dipshit that would trade players who you know full well where they're signing to whoever gives up the most, but I'm not interested in doing that. I'd rather be respectful and not attempt to fuck people over, you act like I planned this :lol: Sorry that extenuating circumstances have happened that has forced me to be active maybe an hour a day AT MOST. So what you'd prefer is to stay as GM with that whopping activity. It's not that I don't want to be active it's I CAN'T Be any more active. I didn't enter a rebuild with the intention of leaving the GM position at all. Shit happens, sorry that I'm not going to jeopardize my job and my financial well-being to be a GM when there are people who are more than happy to step in and accept the position and can devote the time to it.
It's not just me you owe the apology to. But thank you for using your one hour to explain why you chose to destroy another team and then quit. Wink

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Okay he may have left at an awkward time, but do you think he planned all of this. Purposely cause extera stress and chaos in his life, just to leave a revbuilding team on an internet site. It's kind of dumb when you think about it that way.

Fuck it I'll apply. What's the worst that could happen?

Quote:Originally posted by schmidtzkrieg@Jun 11 2014, 11:28 PM
Fuck it I'll apply. What's the worst that could happen?
You get the job. That is actually the worst that could happen.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by ,Jun 11 2014@ 10:26 PM

o ok I think i see it now. They were UFA the season after you started. So it's just basically horrible asset management on your part.

Also, whether people agreed or not, there was some sort of tampering in Toronto. The former Rage could agree to come back to the Rage but Scherbluks and Wongs were not former Rage.

To add to the fact that our commissioner have access talking to them in skype or whatnot everyday eh?
As I said, my options were to start a rebuild right then, or see how the season played out, the key free agents weren't able to make a decision until the conclusion of the season (understandably) therefore since we didn't win a cup they weren't going to re-sign unless I made a big move (Which would mean moving assets we didn't readily have) so I got what I could from the team that they were looking to go to.

Not sure whether you're referring to me tampering I certainly haven't tampered with anyone. If you're referring to the Scherbluk's and Wong that's not the case at all.

edited because JY is quicker on the draw then I am lol

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Jun 11 2014, 10:27 PM

It's not just me you owe the apology to. But thank you for using your one hour to explain why you chose to destroy another team and then quit.  Wink
Anytime buddy!

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Jun 11 2014, 11:31 PM

That you get the job.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

sick burn

self high-five
You continue to be 2 posts behind me. Well done, asshat.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 11 2014, 07:31 PM

As I said, my options were to start a rebuild right then, or see how the season played out, the key free agents weren't able to make a decision until the conclusion of the season (understandably) therefore since we didn't win a cup they weren't going to re-sign unless I made a big move (Which would mean moving assets we didn't readily have) so I got what I could from the team that they were looking to go to.

Not sure whether you're referring to me tampering I certainly haven't tampered with anyone. If you're referring to the Scherbluk's and Wong that's not the case at all.

Yeah well if they were UFA The season after you got knocked off the finals then that is the best you could have done but it was a horrible asset management the season before (going all in) when you knew that they would all be gone next season and you would be left with nothing. I assume you knew they were all leaving for Manhattan cuz you know they talked in the LR and agreed signing there. (or wuz it skype with a certain commissioner?)

Discord are for plebs

#FireJNH.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jun 11 2014, 10:32 PM

You continue to be 2 posts behind me. Well done, asshat.

He took the extra time to celebrate, you just cut straight to the chase like a douchebag.

Quote:Originally posted by ,Jun 11 2014@ 10:33 PM

Yeah well if they were UFA The season after you got knocked off the finals then that is the best you could have done but it was a horrible asset management the season before (going all in) when you knew that they would all be gone next season and you would be left with nothing. I assume you knew they were all leaving for Manhattan cuz you know they talked in the LR and agreed signing there. (or wuz it skype with a certain commissioner?)

I talk to them on Skype all the time and I can tell you with complete certainty that they don't Skype with Wade. So I think you have to check your sources.