Create Account

Lil suspension

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 4 2016, 09:57 AM

Except it wouldn't be true in the real world. She didn't declare bankruptcy, she took her bank account into the negatives and kept spending. You can absolutely do that in the real world too, and omg guess what, you're subject to overdraft fines, which happen usually on a weekly basis and are also on a per transaction basis, so if you want to make it more realistic to appease your bitching we could always stack those fines for the several weeks that the bank account was in the negative and was still being spent Smile

Actually, again...

<div align="center">[Image: nixon_clear.jpg]
</div>

I agreed with this specific ruling more or less back in the thread. I don't think it needs to be changed. I only thought that akamai made a decent point about bankruptcy. You're right that it technically can't be bankruptcy since there is no debt involved. Well, there is TPE debt. Really, i don't want us to piss and moan about the details. It's foolish

My "bitching" was more like teasing a brother who has to tinker with his prized car incessantly. Because, generally, I think the SHL core treats the SHL that way (like that prized car). The people who I said could change things on a whim are actually putting a lot of thought and effort into what they're doing, maybe too much. They're doing it, I guess out of love for the hobby. I made that statement sarcastically and meant no serious insult to anyone.

Then I went on to advise not to worry too much about things like this. I intimated that I had made that mistake in the past, and have come back (very slightly) wiser.

I hope we understand each other now. Peace and prosperity to you, my brother.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Sep 4 2016, 03:27 PM

It falls under TPE stealing. She was spending money she did not have, therefore she was adding TPE to her player that she was not entitled to. The fine is $5M to ensure that people don't do it.

Can't put all the blame on <a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-7'>CRUTCHFIELD</a>, Lil should be checking her bank account like a regular member would and ensure that her bank balance in the spreadsheet reflects that of what she thinks she has. If you went bankrupt in the real world, would you blame your bank for not telling you?

I would, actually. I get alerts and stuff straight to my phone when I'm near overdrawing or I have a large scheduled payment due to come out from my student loan. I'm not saying it's not lil's fault, I'm just saying it's not exclusively her dropped ball. I would probably go 90%/10%.

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Sep 4 2016, 04:19 PM

I don't mean to be a cheeky asshole but you know you can just not cheat right?
Hey now, it's clearly the rule book's fault he was 7M$ in debt. o:-)

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Sep 4 2016, 07:27 AM

Yeah, you totally can!! When your bankers and your updaters are reliable and helpful about reaching out and keeping you informed. I could see myself doing the same thing; I don't have a head for numbers and I don't track the bank spreadsheet very frequently because I know I usually have media or job money coming in. On the other hand, I recognize that bias as being partially because she's my teammate and friend and it sucks for her and for the team that this happened, and I've never said once that she shouldn't be punished as outlined by the rulebook at time of offense. So I feel sorry for her, but I'm not angry or upset. Was mostly curious about why the extra fine would be levied, and I got my answer, if not from HO people then from other suggest-ees. So I'm good. Cheers
Personally when I want to withdraw money out of my fake hockey bank account for training, I take a glance at the SHL bank which I have bookmarked and look at my finances. I think back to the last time that I looked at it and maybe I remember if more money has been added to the account. Maybe I remember, maybe I don't. Either way I have a mild understanding of how much money I have and I don't spend over it. That's not hard to do. You don't need a spreadsheet to do it, either.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Sep 4 2016, 08:29 AM

I would, actually. I get alerts and stuff straight to my phone when I'm near overdrawing or I have a large scheduled payment due to come out from my student loan. I'm not saying it's not lil's fault, I'm just saying it's not exclusively her dropped ball. I would probably go 90%/10%.
Which is why I said you can't put ALL the blame on Crutchfield.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Sep 4 2016, 03:31 PM

Personally when I want to withdraw money out of my fake hockey bank account for training, I take a glance at the SHL bank which I have bookmarked and look at my finances. I think back to the last time that I looked at it and maybe I remember if more money has been added to the account. Maybe I remember, maybe I don't. Either way I have a mild understanding of how much money I have and I don't spend over it. That's not hard to do. You don't need a spreadsheet to do it, either.

All of that is true, and I agree! But I still feel like, personally, she made the big mistake in not checking it more frequently or keeping an eye on it, but her safety net of the bankers being real people who could've sent her a friendly PM if something seemed odd failed too. Unfortunate but not unfair.

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Sep 4 2016, 03:33 PM

Which is why I said you can't put ALL the blame on Crutchfield.

Ik. Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't attempting to. :D

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Sep 4 2016, 07:34 AM

All of that is true, and I agree! But I still feel like, personally, she made the big mistake in not checking it more frequently or keeping an eye on it, but her safety net of the bankers being real people who could've sent her a friendly PM if something seemed odd failed too. Unfortunate but not unfair.
Well I'm a less than competent person and I have never overdrawn my bank account. Not past the 1.5 limit at least. By the way, lil went and withdrew a ton over the limit for equipment. I believe she knew exactly what she was doing and probably didn't realize how it was cheating or simply didn't think she would ever get called out on it. I agree a banker should have been there to PM her. That was gross negligence but the root problem doesn't lie in that.

sigs by ToeDragon84

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Sep 4 2016, 11:31 AM

Well did you ever stop and think maybe not everyone can be as perfect as you jeez

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by I Love Ket@Sep 4 2016, 07:38 AM

Well did you ever stop and think maybe not everyone can be as perfect as you jeez
I'm a straight up idiot. That should have been in the fine print.

sigs by ToeDragon84

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Sep 4 2016, 08:31 AM

I know I have enough, I haven't been in the red on this site since I joined the league

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Sep 4 2016, 09:41 AM
I still really don't like Sabresfan

There's a handful of people I don't like either. I think you might be one of them, but I don't really remember. Most people are pretty cool though...especially down in the SMJHL.

[Image: coexist_by_chima.png]

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

#Justice4Crutch

I'm essentially saying lil is smarter than I am, so what the fuck?

sigs by ToeDragon84

Quote:Originally posted by SabresFan@Sep 4 2016, 08:41 AM

There's a handful of people I don't like either. I think you might be one of them, but I don't really remember.&nbsp; Most people are pretty cool though...especially down in the SMJHL.

[Image: coexist_by_chima.png]
Your username is really familiar... who were you?