Create Account

Poll: Read the writing again ;)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Payment Change
0%
0 0%
Grade the articles!
0%
0 0%
Keep it the same!
0%
0 0%
I'm on the fence
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sorry, Another Poll

^i like it!

Quote:Originally posted by MVerminski@Sep 22 2012, 04:26 AM
Didn't read the whole thread, but I like this idea of lowering the payout and actually grading articles based on quality. It pisses me off reading an article that sounds like it was written by a 10 year old.

I'm not saying my articles are error free and top quality, but at least I feel like I'll be rewarded for putting in a solid effort.

Yes but there should not be a decline in the pay for good articles.

JNHs suggestion was a pretty good ecample, article is graded high and it still loses 100k money.

And how will fun articles be graded, the ones about players doing stuff outside of hockey, i enjoy reading those more than all the interviews with the same old clichés.

Will they lose points on any of your ratings?

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

grade this

I like the thought of graded articles so we don't see articles popping up every hour that are obviously just bullshit to get money. Well... all articles are that. I just prefer ones that are related to hockey.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Double post <_<

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by Green@Sep 22 2012, 03:39 AM

Yes but there should not be a decline in the pay for good articles.

JNHs suggestion was a pretty good ecample, article is graded high and it still loses 100k money.

And how will fun articles&nbsp; be graded, the ones about players doing stuff outside of hockey, i enjoy reading those more than all the interviews with the same old clichés.

Will they lose points on any of your ratings?

I like the ones related to hockey, but it's mainly on the quality of the article. I could also hand out bonuses too. Like maybe for every 10/10= 50k.

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 22 2012, 07:41 AM
grade this
K on my phone but:

Word Count : 1500
Thoroughness/Professionalism --> 9/10
Written like a magazine which is cool and gives it a professional look, time clearly put in.
Interest --> 10/10
Very funny and lots of pictures grabs and holds readers attention.
Form --> 9/10
Good spelling and grammar, form helps the aforementioned professional look.

Payment --> 1.215 + 50k bonus

Final Payment: --> 1.25 mil (rounded down)

This is the same pay received as it would have with the previous system. So no pay deduction for a quite good article, and it rewards less for word counts (which can be boosted with bullshit) and more for quality of article.

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 22 2012, 09:55 AM

K on my phone but:

Word Count : 1500
Thoroughness/Professionalism --> 9/10
Written like a magazine which is cool and gives it a professional look, time clearly put in.
Interest --> 10/10
Very funny and lots of pictures grabs and holds readers attention.
Form --> 9/10
Good spelling and grammar, form helps the aforementioned professional look.

Payment --> 1.215 + 50k bonus

[b]Final Payment:
--> 1.25 mil (rounded down)

This is the same pay received as it would have with the previous system.&nbsp; So no pay deduction for a quite good article, and it rewards less for word counts (which can be boosted with bullshit) and more for quality of article.[/b]

alright i like that.....but it has to be consistent if you want to make it work

based on those 2 examples it could work but again consistency, if you're consistent on how you grade the articles and how you handout the payments then i wouldnt mind this

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 22 2012, 10:13 AM

alright i like that.....but it has to be consistent if you want to make it work

based on those 2 examples it could work but again consistency, if you're consistent on how you grade the articles and how you handout the payments then i wouldnt mind this
I'm consistent and always open for questions. And no objectivity, I hate you all equally don't worry.

But seriously, I've thought this over and will start this Monday, run a trial week and go from there.

I completely support a new system, I actually posted a few days ago saying that word count shouldn't be the only factor in how much money is made because of how ridiculously simple it is to churn out a large word count. Which was met with the incredibly compelling argument of "no."

I may reduce the formula cause it's still too easy to make the big bucks, something which the general consensus seems to want. Gonna keep experimenting and will let you guys know

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 22 2012, 10:16 AM

I'm consistent and always open for questions.&nbsp; And no objectivity, I hate you all equally don't worry.&nbsp;

But seriously, I've thought this over and will start this Monday, run a trial week and go from there.

;(

y u hatez me.....im ur #nomoarjman teammate

i feelz betraeyeded

Payments were still too high so here's the new formula

Word count/1250 * thoroughness * interest * form

Only change is /1000 --> /1250

By this change, the two previously graded articles go to:
Cyan : 600k
Donini : 1 mil + 50k bonus = 1.05 nil

They take 200k paycuts off the old payment while still being pretty well compensated for their hard work

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 22 2012, 10:28 AM

;(

y u hatez me.....im ur #nomoarjman teammate

i feelz betraeyeded

BITCH IMMA DICKTATOR SO U BETTA REDNECKOGNIZE IM YOUR LEADA

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 22 2012, 10:38 AM

BITCH IMMA DICKTATOR SO U BETTA REDNECKOGNIZE IM YOUR LEADA

fuq u :wub:

now shhz i gots to finnish my article b4 ur dicktatorness gets all over it Tongue