Create Account

GoB's writing thread - Website Goes Live!

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Jul 24 2014, 09:07 PM
I'll do a fake review, much like I did for Chinese Street (or whatever your last story was called)

Oh dear. I'm not sure if I should count this.

Only 2. That's disappointing.

I have an amazon account but the f*cking thing won't let me sign in. When it does, I'll purchase it, 92 cents won't kill me Wink and review it.

Cheers

[Image: jigsaw1.png]

boxing day pls free

Quote:Originally posted by funny_munk@Dec 26 2014, 09:02 AM
boxing day pls free

I'm sadly American. We don't have Boxing Day. This story, and the other mentioned in this thread, will both be included in an anthology that I"m trying to put together, which will be priced at $5.99. Putting it at that point also means that it can be 'borrowed' from Amazon for free, for I believe 2 weeks.

I will buy this when I get home.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I only read movies now. Sorry.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Dec 26 2014, 07:23 AM

I'm sadly American. We don't have Boxing Day. This story, and the other mentioned in this thread, will both be included in an anthology that I"m trying to put together, which will be priced at $5.99. Putting it at that point also means that it can be 'borrowed' from Amazon for free, for I believe 2 weeks.

2 weeks? wat u tink i a sped demun at readin?

Just a pre-emptive bump as I do some prep work for my anthology. The introduction is finished, the About the Author is finished [debating about whether or not to include a picture], the stories are finished, and hopefully the cover is coming along nicely.

Please follow me @penningemerson on Twitter if you don't already! Encourage your friends to as well. Get the hype going. This is what I want to do with my life and you guys and girls on this site are a big part of the groundswell I am hoping to build. I love this community and have made a lot of good friends here, so with that in mind, I want to share a portion of the introduction with you as a bit of a teaser.

“What did you want to be when you were my age, Daddy?”

My then-six-year-old daughter stood next to me in the kitchen of our apartment in central New York, looking up at me expectantly, the sun shining through her pigtails. “When I was six?” I asked, and she nodded. “When I was six,” I told her, “I really wanted to be a professional writer.” She looked up at me, surprised. “It’s true,” I told her. I had a wonderful teacher when I was six years old. We had to write a story for Halloween and I remember when it came time to turn it in, I told her that I wasn’t done and asked if I could keep writing.”

I had fallen in love with writing from that moment, the power of the written word that I could control. My teacher not only allowed me to be creative, but encouraged it, giving me a full extra week to work on the assignment. The thrill of writing that first haunted house story, complete with thick cobwebs and a mummy that chased the main character and his talking jack-o-lantern through the house, was intoxicating. I don’t know if the story was any good and sincerely doubt that it was, but I like to think that for a first grader’s initial effort, it was fabulous.

The stories and poems included in this anthology span a 15 year period, the oldest being from February 2000 and the most recent from February 2015. It’s disconcerting to realize that much time has past and that I still haven’t come particularly close to reaching my life-long goal, but that’s the way things work out some times. Being afraid to share my writing with anyone for most of my youth certainly didn’t help, and regardless of the success of this or any of my future works, I wish to strongly encourage those who believe that they have a talent in any type of creative field to not be afraid to put themselves out there and see what happens. Everyone gets rejections. I’ve gotten my fair share of them, but that doesn’t make me want to stop writing. On the contrary, it makes me more determined to push for writing to be my full-time occupation.

Not reading it until you trade another player to Hamilton :ph34r:

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

=D>

Where can I read stuff minus the first story?

Quote:Originally posted by Shutout@Mar 7 2015, 08:07 AM
Where can I read stuff minus the first story?

The first two stories +++ are in this collection that will be out in a few weeks-ish

[Image: tumblr_lhjnfsdULm1qzp85mo1_500.gif]

[Image: jigsaw1.png]

That's totally what a cat would read :lol: