Create Account

S44 PT #3 - Where are they now?

Task: You have been hired by the league to look up at least 1 player from your draft class or an old team mate to find out what has happened to them after their days as an SHL player was over! This information is for a new show on the SHL network called 'Where are they now?'.. In 150 words or more give us the details on their lives post hockey!

Honestly who could forget the man, the myth, the legend that was Dylan Peat out of the S34 SMJHL Draft. Sure, he was drafted 2nd to last in the class and I don't believe he ever made an SHL squad, but the guy is still beloved by many within the SHL community. Since he is no longer playing hockey, he has gone on to bigger and better things. He has used his hockey fame to open a lucrative chain of sub sandwich shops throughout the United States and Canada. He uses only the freshest of ingredients and has gone on to gain quite a bit of wealth. You can also catch him doing color commentary for some SMJHL games and he is doing quite well there. He may even get called up to be in some SHL games this season you never know. While hockey didn't quite work out for him, he still has a lot of things going for him. Long live Dylan Peat, the GOAT, the legend.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

"With the 3rd Overall Selection in the S29 SHL Entry Draft, the Manhattan Rage are proud to select... Hans Moleman!" With these big words, Hans Moleman's SHL career got started. In a draft where the 2nd Overall Pick was forfeited, he was the second player taken after first overall selection Nicolas Winter, my own and not exactly successful player. But while Moleman's career started with a lot of promises and fanfare, it ended with a lot less glamour. He would never lace up the skates for the team that drafted him, instead hitting the ice for the first time in S31 as a member of the Los Angeles Panthers. Moleman was a member of the Panthers for five years but never made it out of the bottom-six, cementing his status as a bonafide draft bust, before he went to the Hamilton Steelhawks for one year - his lasts in the SHL. Moleman, visibly disintered in the SHL, decided to step away from the game to pursue other interests, but not without bagging a significant amount of league funds first. The next morning, authorities found his house boarded up while the SHL was missing a triple-digit amount of their virtual currency (in millions). At this point, Moleman was already was on his way to the Caribbean, where he would settle down for a life of footballs in the groin. He has been a recluse since, when our reporter tried to pay him a visit and ask a few questions, his extended microphone was met with a huge ass sword while Moleman mumbled "You call this a knife? THIS IS A KNIFE!". From a distance however, he seems to look happy and content now that he is living his hermit life - probably because of that big mansion made of solid gold that he is living in.

Looking through the draft list of the S38 SHL draft my eyes instantly stops at a name i remember. Elias Petersson. A highly touted swedish center who's name resembles Vancouver Canucks of the NHLs rookie Elias Pettersson. However they couldn't be further apart from each other. Drafted to the Rage at number 16 in the S38 draft, Elias was looking like a solid pick for the Manhattan Franchise. However he would only lace up for 2 seasons for the rage, ending his career after S41 with 14 points and -30 in his 100 SHL games. I was interested in seeing what the little guy was doing these days, and when i got a hold on him i was surprised.

He traded his SHL career to go all in on his Counter Strike career. He joined the OnyxClan which is made up of a couple other former SHL players, and they are currently top 10 NA. He is making some solid money off of the sponsors and tournaments and he seems to eb happy with his decision to quit hockey prematurely. good for him!

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 05:33 PM by ViN.)

[Image: weo6b02.png]
@King

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Once a promising young player, Rainbow Dash fell off the face of the earth a few seasons into her SHL Career. One of the fastest young players around the league as well as one of the bravest players to step on the ice, Rainbow Dash suffered from a cupcake addiction that makes Phil Kessel's cookie and burger eating diet look like a bodybuilding diet. Rainbow Dash packed on 70 pounds and her skating was never quite the same sadly. Hard to skate around like you used to when you're busy eating cupcakes on the ice. Rainbow Dash made a quick retirement following how fast her career went downhill and is now coaching an all girls team someone in the depths of Canada. Although she has recently come into some further controversy as a result of her mindset when it comes to hockey: Fuck passing. Rainbow Dash's entire all-girl team has never practiced passing once in their lives and spectators essentially view a pink hockey Foosball game.

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Where are they now - Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber was drafted in the S38 SMJHL draft to the Halifax Raiders, going at pick #12 in the second round. I had the experience of playing with him, with myself also being picked by the Raiders in that same draft. Hans career didn't quite take off like his draft position suggested it might, and it fizzled out quite quickly. Honestly, the guy always gave me the creeps. He was super aggressive and always making jokes about doing illegal stuff. After he left the team I heard news of him doing some shady things, although I wasn't quite sure if they were true or not, rumours were he had joined a terrorist organization. Then a few weeks later I read in the news that he attempted to rob hundreds of millions from a bank by pretending it was a terrorist attack. Turns out he got pushed out a window of the highrise by some crazy cop. So yeah, he's no longer with us unfortunately. Quite the guy.

176 words

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

It's been almost 8 seasons since Adam Falk has stepped away from the game of hockey, but what has he been up to? During his career, Falk often boasted about his love for cheesesteaks and, more specifically, texas BBQ. Well then, it would come to nobody's surprise that he's used his SHL career money to open a small chain of BBQ spots called Falks BBQ. It's been an absolute hit throughout the Texas region, mainly in Dallas. Many of his customers remember watching Adam play his final few seasons with the Renegades and helping them raise the cup in his final season. When asked about his career & his love for Texas, he had this to say:

"Texas has given me everything that I have now. My career really took off when I finally dressed for the Renegades and the rest was history. I'm just glad I can keep contributing to the great state of Texas, but in a different way now."

Code:
Words: 162

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

#1 pick of the Season 40 draft was Conor McGregor, the Halifax Raider and former teammate of Shooter McGavin. He enjoyed a steady, yet underwhelming career for a #1 pick, but he wasn't a bust. Part of the reason for his mediocre career was the fact it wasn't his true passion. Conor was a decent player, but he needed to keep playing for the money. When he finally made enough, he was able to pursue his true passion...goat farming. Goat farming is very competitive, but it can be lucrative if you reach the top...but nobody really gets there. McGregor grew up with 7 pet goats, and after retirement he adopted 7 more...7 dozens more. He moved into open Ireland field and built a home where his kids could roam free. His goal is to raise 1000 goats, as it is said that anyone who is able to farm 1000 goats will become the goat goat, the leader of all goats. I always heard McGregor was a bit horny, but I think he has a few hooves now too.

Code:
178 words

Many people around the world and around the SHL or the Simulation Hockey League may be wondering: where exactly is S36 Legend Bar Dowski after he gave up the lucrative career of being a fake hockey player on a league that isn’t actually real? Now that my friend is an excellent question that I just so happen to have the completely accurate and correct answer to! Mr. Bar Downski has been doing many many interesting things with his life since moving on from the sport. For example, he has hopped on the wave of internet streaming and now streams a fake hockey game that he is not in, only playing (the game being NHL 19). Downski doesn’t have much of a following yet but I know that one day he will get there. Oh yeah and he also does a lot of blow. Like a lot. Maybe too much

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Let's talk about what happened to Master Maguku, the guy the Buffalo Stampede drafted in S30 in the second round? That was an interesting draft for Buffalo, they took some guys who didn't pan out in Nolan Angello and Teddy Graham, along with Steven Stamkos Jr. who was a solid player but lame person. They also took Maguku who didn't really do great in the SHL but one thing he did do great in was the field of magic. Master Maguku went on to become a successful wizard after he retired from the SMJHL, living a life of wonder in a cave shared with magical creatures. Maguku has great power as a magician and can fight for good or evil, some of the spells he cast being for good and others being for evil. Living in a cave, brewing potions and casting spells is a different life to the one he had as an shl player but Maguku is much happier now that he's doing what he was always supposed to

[Image: b3ZF9kT.png]
KEEGAN ANGELLO - CENTER - #91
Raptors Renegades

Where is Karl Von Wittlesbach now? He used to be Jordan von Matt's defensive partner for the Prince George Firebirds (as well as the renamed Anchorage Armada). The two had three great seasons together, and everyone thought that they'd both go on to have long careers in the SHL. That looks to be the case for Jordan von Matt, but not Karl. After his years in the SMJHL, Karl retired in order to create a non-profit company that specializes in providing sporting equipment for kids that might not otherwise have access to it. Growing up, Karl's parents were rich, but a lot of his friends were not. Because of this, none of Karl's friends played hockey with him. Karl didn't want anyone to have to miss out on playing hockey, or any sport for that matter, so he created this new company. It's been very fulfilling for him, and hasn't looked back since.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

Where are they now - Ronnie Westbrook

I played with Ronnie Westbrook during my time in Hamilton, once his career playing hockey ended, he decided to move towards a new avenue of his career; E-sports. He dedicated his new life as a league of legends jungle main, he played over a dozen hours a day in attempt to master his Graves skills to an elite level. It took several years... league of legends at that point was a dying game. There were only a few thousand people playing a day in North America, pros moved on to Riot Games new Battle Royale League of Legends mode that took the world by storm, but Westbrook kept playing the original league. Finally Gooney ends up among the top 500 players in the game, he signs a contract with Cloud9 and works his way up as a substitute jungler. During the World Championships Cloud9 goes all the way to the World Finals. Cloud9's starting jungler gets injured and Westbrook has to go in for game 5. It's one of the closest matches LoL has ever seen, it comes down to a base race right at the end as Westbrook is trying to win the game. He gets past both nexus turrets, he's hitting the nexus before suddenly....

The words BADA BING BADA BOOM ring through his head before he hears a BOP on the other side. He looks up dead as EU wins the World Finals and he realizes FNC Pat threw the game winning axe

@Gooney

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Casey Holmes has become an extremely successful graphic designer following his retirement from the Buffalo Stampede and hockey as a whole. The former starting goaltender has focused his efforts on perfecting his craft; one that isn't as physically demanding. He's been commissioned to work on several different projects over the last few years, but even with his busy schedule he still finds the time to check in on his former team in upstate New York. In fact, Casey Holmes would likely be on the shortlist of candidates for a Buffalo Stampede jersey re-design, if one were to be in the works. Viktor Marius, a current player for the Stampede who also shares the same love of graphic design, has been a fan of Holmes' since day 1. "He's just so talented", Marius said. "He doesn't have to spend much time coming up with ideas. People are able to convey what they want to him, and he just sits down and churns out something that surpasses all expectations."

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Considering I am draft class 43 and a rookie playing my first season in the SHL it is a little difficult for me to find anyone from my draft class or they I played with in the SHL that has retired. So I will be discussing was Maurizio Arrivabene will be doing in retirement as he has announced that this is final season in the SHL. Mr. Arrivabene has been quiet in public life as to what his next phase in life will be. In the Jet locker room, Mauirizio has been anything but quiet. Talking about how after he retires he will move back to Brescia Italy. Where he plans to either work on promoting and advertising the Mille Miglia a car race that begins and ends in Brescia or he will be leading guided tours on Lake Garda. Where he would be giving lecturing tourist on the great history of the lake. In addition, Mr. Arrivabene stated if none of those workout for him he can always be a dancer at the Lollypop Club, a local club in Brescia.

Words~181

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

NSFL PT

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]