Create Account

Mark Rycroft, The Colorado Avalanche, and his hateful statements

06-02-2020, 07:10 PMWaters Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:07 PMCarbine Wrote: A comedian probably isn't the best vehicle for explaining this kind of stuff either - regardless of his skin color. You wouldn't trust a fry cook, for example, with finding a cure to the coronavirus, would you?
Holy shit, what? Do you even know what the daily show is? Scratch that, do you even know what late night television is? This is a ridiculous statement on its own as Trevor Noah explaining social contract theory isn’t finding a solution to racism, or whatever your ridiculous analogy is supposed to mean.

The even dumber part is you somehow found a way to gloss over the fact that relating these things to the common person is literally his job! That’s every late night host’s job! They don’t hire comedians to do these shows because they make haha funny with their mouths, it’s because comedians know how to speak about these issues in a way that they can be related to, thought about, learned from.

Do you think stand-up is making fart jokes and talking about big penis cum? You’d be hard-pressed to find stand-up comedy that doesn’t touch on politics on some level, because that’s what people can universally laugh at if the joke is funny enough. I’m sure it exists, but it’s rare. To say comedians shouldn’t explain these things at all is bonkers, much less a talk show host. Who should explain it then? Bob the UNM sociologist that no one has heard of with 1000 Twitter followers, or a person with a team of researchers, writers, fact-checkers, and also the testimony of Bob the UNM sociologist?

And that’s not even discussing the insanity of your sentence right before that, where you go “I don’t know what this thing is because understanding what I’m arguing against is for virgins, but if it’s being used to argue against me, it’s probably bad.”

Thank god you support BLM though
This is about as coherent as late show hosts are when they try to explain to their audience that Trump is Satan incarnate. Try again.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

06-02-2020, 07:18 PMLordBirdman Wrote:
06-02-2020, 07:10 PMWaters Wrote: Holy shit, what? Do you even know what the daily show is? Scratch that, do you even know what late night television is? This is a ridiculous statement on its own as Trevor Noah explaining social contract theory isn’t finding a solution to racism, or whatever your ridiculous analogy is supposed to mean.

The even dumber part is you somehow found a way to gloss over the fact that relating these things to the common person is literally his job! That’s every late night host’s job! They don’t hire comedians to do these shows because they make haha funny with their mouths, it’s because comedians know how to speak about these issues in a way that they can be related to, thought about, learned from.

Do you think stand-up is making fart jokes and talking about big penis cum? You’d be hard-pressed to find stand-up comedy that doesn’t touch on politics on some level, because that’s what people can universally laugh at if the joke is funny enough. I’m sure it exists, but it’s rare. To say comedians shouldn’t explain these things at all is bonkers, much less a talk show host. Who should explain it then? Bob the UNM sociologist that no one has heard of with 1000 Twitter followers, or a person with a team of researchers, writers, fact-checkers, and also the testimony of Bob the UNM sociologist?

And that’s not even discussing the insanity of your sentence right before that, where you go “I don’t know what this thing is because understanding what I’m arguing against is for virgins, but if it’s being used to argue against me, it’s probably bad.”

@Carbine must be a political philosopher by trade to have the authority to make such a comment.
Your words, not mine.

@Loco x2

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

06-02-2020, 10:02 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 07:10 PMWaters Wrote: Holy shit, what? Do you even know what the daily show is? Scratch that, do you even know what late night television is? This is a ridiculous statement on its own as Trevor Noah explaining social contract theory isn’t finding a solution to racism, or whatever your ridiculous analogy is supposed to mean.

This is about as coherent as late show hosts are when they try to explain to their audience that Trump is Satan incarnate. Try again.
so this would mean very coherent, yes? and that it generally makes sense?

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

06-02-2020, 10:03 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 07:18 PMLordBirdman Wrote: @Carbine must be a political philosopher by trade to have the authority to make such a comment.
Your words, not mine.

It appears my words were lost on you.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

You linked a Fox News article

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

You would be the type of guy to have a Steven Crowder avi you both argue by just saying random things confidently and praying they’re right

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

06-02-2020, 07:56 PMLoco Wrote: i'm gonna donate 10 dollars to bail funds every time carbine comments (up to $100).
Well I was going to stop but now I might keep going if it's going to a good cause.

sorry im streaming ill be slow

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

06-02-2020, 08:06 PMwumaduce Wrote:
06-02-2020, 07:56 PMLoco Wrote: i'm gonna donate 10 dollars to bail funds every time carbine comments (up to $100).

Don't worry, he'll ghost on this thread just like he's ghosted on teams he's GM'd in multiple leagues. He's probably already hiding in his bunker with jcf.

[Image: cSQpe4J.jpg]
Why do you keep bringing Colorado up?

06-02-2020, 10:05 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
06-02-2020, 10:02 PMCarbine Wrote: This is about as coherent as late show hosts are when they try to explain to their audience that Trump is Satan incarnate. Try again.
so this would mean very coherent, yes? and that it generally makes sense?
It's mostly rhetorical questions and foul language, not exactly coherent.

06-02-2020, 10:07 PMLordBirdman Wrote:
06-02-2020, 10:03 PMCarbine Wrote: Your words, not mine.

It appears my words were lost on you.
I know what sarcasm is. Tongue

06-02-2020, 10:09 PMWaters Wrote:
06-02-2020, 10:02 PMCarbine Wrote: This is about as coherent as late show hosts are when they try to explain to their audience that Trump is Satan incarnate. Try again.
You linked a Fox News article
So? Not everyone consumes CNN like they're some kind of gift to news media.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 10:29 PM by Loco.)

la
sd

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 10:33 PM by leviadan.)

[Image: carbine.jpg]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]