Create Account

S70 PT #4: Mano a Mano
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2023, 11:35 PM by MikeLiut. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ekaterina Valieva's offensive performance has improved significantly during her four seasons with the Kelowna Knights. She is happy to have left Russia to play in America, and she grew as a hockey player and as a person too. Her point total climbed from 16 in her rookie season to 68 in her fourth season, indicating that she is maturing as a scorer.

This season, she played big minutes but often failed to deliver and could not produce at the same pace as last season. More importantly, she wanted to concentrate on improving her defensive game and stats, and exhibiting a dedication to playing a well-rounded game. Still, she failed to do it this season. She liked being nominated for best defensive forward, but could not find the same vibe as last season, even if she trained harder on her defensive play. She still works hard in the gym, and wants to give more to her team, hoping she and her colleagues will cause some surprises in the playoffs.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

I feel like my player's development in the minors has been better than I had hoped. Offense in particular has been a strength for my player. He only had 37 points in his rookie season, playing on the second line for the Raptors. His scoring started to take off in his second season, jumping to 60 points, with 34 goals. Another small increase in points in his third season, with 68. Then, in his last season in the minors, and the most recent season, he increased his scoring to 93 points, which I had not expected. It was enough to break the Raptors all-time points record with his linemate Adrian O'Rugg breaking the record as well. He also got more defensively responsible in his last season, with his TA/GA ratio closest to 1.00 than it has ever been. Corsi For % was also above 50% for the first time in his career too. So all in all, I'm very pleased with my player's development in the J,  especially with his most recent season.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Prompt 2:

With respect to his career GK is nearing the end of his, with only 2 seasons left to go before he forever hands up the skates. Looking back on his career and his achievements, GK wonders why he didn’t leave New England sooner, as immediately after leaving he had some of the best years of his hockey career with the Chicago Syndicate. The New England years were ones of pain and growth, and only one he joined Chicago did he really hit stride, winning individual league awards and a challenge cup during his duration with that team. GK at this point is riding the remainder of his career out with Winnipeg hoping that he can get the cup one final time before he officially retires from the sport

GK believes that had he performed better during his New England years, he would easily have cracked that 1000 point mark however it does not look like that will be the case given the tapering off of GK’s point getting ability.

(169 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Player prompt

Sea jebus has come a long way in the seasons played so far in the smjhl .Getting Drafted into the league began a start to the most important years in his hockey life. The first season was a real learning curve and took some time to become confident and putting in 100 percent training and tasking. He soon learned how to put in everything he had with the support of his surrounding veterans and whole Knights training staff. Each season Sea grew stronger in skill and work ethic. He has had some wonderful opportunities tending for his country canada and team north America. This past season was his best and he was recognized as a number one assest putting up great numbers and battling it out in the playoffs. This being his last season Sea has been training hard and sharing the pipes with tibs his right hand man that is growing to become quite the machine! As this is Seas last season about to wrap up he looks forward to the big leagues and will forever be greatful and a proud alumni of the Kelowna Kights!

Quote:Written Task: Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Spack Jarrow has never been one to lament over spilled milk or "what could have been". So there is really no regret in any part of his career as he is truly just happy to be playing hockey professionally. Something he thought was a crazy dream as a kid. Trying to get an answer as to what he could change in the past, is nearly impossible. Jarrow is willing to admit that there are improvements to his game that he definitely needs. And those are primarily on the defensive side of the ice. He was originally thought of as a potential top-end penalty killer. As his career has unraveled, this has not come to fruition as his defensive instincts haven't been as sharp in the SHL as they were in junior. The team was wise and adjusted accordingly and put him in a position to succeed on offense but the defensive side of the puck is definitely the area that the scouts would point to as an area to improve.

Overall, Jarrow has been one of the happiest players in the league. Living his dream. Hopefully this season will be the cherry on top.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

PP

On an overall note I really think that Nash's career is off to a great start. This is already his final season in the SMJHL playing for his favorite team, the Detroit Falcons. Being named an Alternate captain so early in his career was an absolute honor. Winning the Four Star cup and paving through the S68 season was an absolute dream come to. In S69 Detroit made it all the way to the cup finals but unfortunately they were unable to secure back to back cups. Sometimes you have to look back and be happy with what you have, not with what you COULD have had. In terms of Development I think that Nash is at the top of skill level for the SMJHL. He is certainly excited to take his talents up to Buffalo and the start of the next season and see how they can put his ultimate skills to the test. Nash couldn't be happier about his career thus far and is looking forward to what the future may bring!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

"fucking trade me @Acsolap " is the things that were said when i was brought into the gms office for a chat. thing hit a end for me in philly after another fight in the locker room where i gnome dabbed all over my teammates after they refused to dab over the bodies of our enemies. These cuck losers wouldnt do it so i had to let them know how things were going to work from now on. apparently two head shots, knocking out a teammate, and then dabbing over them isnt the best thing to do and managment was not having it. but tahts okay these loser gms couldnt deal with me anyways. they claim to be "toxic" but in fact they dont do shit. I for one am happy to be out and they will regret not making sure the team dabbed on a regular basis when i inevitably dab over them after a playoff series. I cant with these losers man fucking trade me.

The tension between Jarrod Lakemore and his special teams coach has come to a head. Coach Taylor was fuming after Lakemore was called for a five minute major in a recent game, during which his team conceded two goals. After the game, Taylor called Lakemore into his office, where he entered into a heated tirade, calling Lakemore an undisciplined curmudgeon and other such things. Lakemore didn't take it sitting down, as he accused his coach of having a personal grudge against him, noting that he doesn't even lead his team in PIMs. The yelling match would continue, and before long Taylor's attacks would turn personal as he calls Lakemore a British wanker and suggests he goes back across the pond. Lakemore laughs as he realizes the true reason behind Taylor's vendetta towards him. With his time in the J coming to a close shortly, he knows he won't have to deal with coach Taylor for much longer, so he takes the high road and takes his leave.

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Trevor feels like his career is more or less ok 1 season with the malamutes where he got to experince playoffs as a rookie and two with the timber but he just feels like he under performes no mater what like somthings stopping him from being a better player he trys to be the boost in the locker room and on the bench but he doesnt think it helps all that much he at least doesnt feel like his teams failed him at all its just that he feels he fails himself like he could play better get more points he trys to play his heart out every game but just cant like a invisible wall is just infront of him stopping him from playing better and he just doesnt know how to fix it he sometimes loses focus on himself and puts the team before him because he feels like there more important than he is.
(Words 157)

PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player feel their career is going?

Written Task: Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Uskjal so far feels like he has been on the right track, the team is doing good and he seems to be a net positive, which has been his main goal. As someone that came into the league via waivers Uskjal knows he doesnt have the same hype as other draftpicks but he has used that to his advantage, and steadily worked on improving his game, step by step rather than trying to live up to a hype. One thing that is noticeable that his individual stats are somehwat underwhelming but for Uskjal persoanlly this isnt a issue. He believes Hockey is a team game and therefore it is not only about points and so far the Colorado Coaching staff seems to agree. Uskjal has become a strong defensive pressence. He contributes in both the Hits and Blocks collum at a decent rate, and offensivly he hasnt been holding the team back. For Uskjal that is exactly the production he hoping to produce. (163 Words)

PLAYER PROMPT - How does your player feel their career is going?

Written Task: Tell me about your player's thoughts on their career and development as a player. Are they comfortable with how their development has gone, or do they think they could've been better at certain aspects of the game if they had a chance to do it all over again? What would you do differently? What would you not do differently? (150+ words)

Grogu Mandosson has played 7 seasons now in the SHL for the Calgary Dragons, and I have to say it has been a fantastic career so far.
When he joined the league as a rookie, the Dragons were in a bit of a mess, but since then he has been a big contributor to the resurgent success of the team.

A few examples - he has won the Jeff Dar Award 3 consecutive times as the top two-way forward in the league, which is outstanding because he was developed to be a counter-attacking forward. He already is the Dragons all-time leader for takeaways in the FHM era, and led the league in S70 with 93 TA on the season. This is great because I did always want him to be defensively responsible while still contributing points! So in that aspect he has been everything I hoped for.

On the points side, here is an interesting fact! Before the Grogu era, no Dragon had ever scored 80 points or more in a season. Grogu has now accomplished this feat 5 times, including a franchise record 97 points and 71 assists in S67. He is also the first Dragon to have 2 or more 40 goals seasons. And he also has the most powerplay goals for the team in the FHM era, including the 4 best seasons on record. His speed, puckhandling, and vision on the ice make him incredibly dangerous with the man advantage.

The only thing missing now is a Challenge Cup, so far the playoffs have not been as kind to the team as the regular season, and even though he is in the regression phase of his career, he will still be able to play at a high level for a few more seasons, so hopefully that will come!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Player Prompt:

Justin Time has had a tough start to his career, echoing the problems goaltenders have faced in the SHL since the FHM transition. Despite looking like a better goaltender every year on paper, his save percentage has gone down every season since his SHL debut, from .903 his rookie season to .898, .896, and finally .882 as a starter in S70. Despite climbing the TPE ladder and being on a team that has improved with every season, it's been hard to feel like he's contributed in a meaningful way to the team's performance. Time has been putting in the effort in practice and his teammates are giving everything they've got, but it feels like without some form of systemic change, a career max earner may run through an entire career without being an impact player. There's not much that can be done though except focus on the playoffs and pushing for team hardware to make up for the lack of individual success as an SHL player.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2023, 05:16 PM by .simo. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]