Create Account

S70 Championship Week

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

cw pass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

IFSL affiliate +

Quote:
Citadelles

1. Trivia - Fun 
  2. Grab Bag:    A. Having a team with scorers is very good to have and can make you a very competitive team but one line does have the capability to carry the seasons and even if it’s not as likely it still is possible now having multiple lines it could activate players that haven’t been doing as good to start playing at a better rate.              (72 WORDS)                                             B. The best way would be having a line of your top defenders and have them play against them to try and shut them down now that may not work but it’s one way that could work. The only other way i could think of would be putting trust into your best players and hoping they put the team on their back                                (71 WORDS)                                             C. Having consistent shots against isn’t the worst thing as long as your making sure they aren’t strong shot and won’t be to hard for Olof to save now if they are facing 2 on 0 than it would be a lot harder to save the puck. (58 WORDS)                             D. New England has been strong throughout the season and i believe they have a strong chance of winning the cup. With the roster they have and the strong goalies Olof Karsiko, They’ve had such strong back to back seasons so i do really see them having a strong chance of winning. (61 WORDS)                          
  3. History Repeating:       I haven’t started my SHL career yet but i do look forward to the next season and hopefully i can be a true top scorer for the grizzlies and not be so up and down. This season was good but i felt like there was more in me and i just hope that my players makes a huge jump this season. I’m hoping i can be a top goal scorer or just point scorer and really be competing for top players in the SMJHL and be able to help the team go on a good run in the playoffs. I’m already quite good defensively aswell as offensively but i still have a lot of work to do if i wanna be competing for best players in SMJHL. I also wanna make sure i focus my physical attributes and make sure i’m physically ready for playoffs as i do feel like that took a toll on my player. (170 WORDS)
  4. Dream Series:     I’d love to play against Caroline Kraken and be able to hold that over Frenchies head, As much as i love the guy, I’d still love to have that, And i know for sure that conversation would be quite fun but it would suck if it was me on the losing side haha, But if i’m being honest i’d just love the competition between the two team and i do believe we would have a very competitive series. I would love to see how it plays out as we both are very competitive and our teams are both very equal and could go either way but as much as this is a competitive rivalry it’s a respectful competition in the way i see it. Much love and respect to you Frenchie wish you the best and i hope to see you in playoffs! (157 WORDS)
  5. Blood On The Ice:      Wolfpack may be the underdogs but numbers can do a lot more when coordinated properly so don’t count them out in anyway. We’ll be having 5 Wolves AKA The WolfPack VS The Bear God, Bear God was quite dominant throwing the wolves all over the place and they couldn’t get anything to connect so they were ready to give up but Olof had something to say about that and constructed the perfect plan for them to attack while Olof focuses blocking attacks and making sure nothing of the bear gods attacks land and it started to work. The Bear God was starting to gas out and started throwing more wild punches rather than being focused and throwing the correct shot to stop them. The crowd was watching to see bear god tear the wolves apart and they slowly got quieter and quieter until you didn’t hear them anymore and there were barely any fans still watching. The wolves were gaining momentum and we’re starting to land devastating attacks until The bear god threw a wild swing that caught Olof off guard and just wasn’t capable of blocking it. Everyone got knocked down but with all that momentum gained they weren’t ready to give up and when they did they were faster, stronger, smarter and just more prepared to shut them down and that exactly what they did.        (243 WORDS)
  6. Haiku -                                                           
Flying down the slot

Pump the brakes and pick a spot

Ping! Go bardownski

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM by Duga. Edited 1 time in total.)

It bugged and posted twice my bad.

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

smjhl gm pass

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

smjhl GM pass

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Timber GM CW Pass

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

SMJHL GM Pass

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

gm pass

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

Simmer pass

Gm pass

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 04:19 PM by Gwdjohnson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Trivia (+3 TPE)

Word: Sploink

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
a. Winnipeg made the finals last year and came up just short against the Forge. Last year, their offense ran through Mikko Rashford - this year, their top line has been much more of a balanced attack, with Gonzo Gobbledygook and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson stepping up hard. Does this make Winnipeg a stronger team, or would it be better to spread this firepower out and run multiple scoring lines?
- Winnipeg definitely became a stronger all around unit this season, and many forwards stepped up to star quality, although they also benefitted from the West in general becoming worse. They pose a much stronger threat when they have more weapons to look out for up front, and the defense has to concentrate way more when that line is attacking. (59 words)
Code:
b. New England finds themselves in a similar situation to Winnipeg's last year: star winger Petr Svoboda has an absurd 30 points in 23 playoff games at the time this is posted. 18 of those are goals, 12 are assists: how do you shut this guy down?
- Hold up, imma let you finish, but first of all Paul Koivu is the best forward on the Wolfpack. Svoboda is having a good playoffs, but Paul Koivu deserves this prompt. Anyway, Winnipeg will have to try and just out score this dangerous Wolfpack offense because when star forwards get hot in the playoffs there is only so much you can do to stop them. (65 words)
Code:
c. Olof Karsikko has made 823 saves in these playoffs, nearly twice the number of saves made by Winnipeg's Rebecca Montagne. What can New England do to help their tendie out? Or should they settle on a strategy of allowing their goalie to face a high volume of low-danger shots to get in the zone and stay hot? Alternatively, how can they rattle Montagne?
- Karsikko has been an absolute force to be reckoned with these playoffs, and its worth questioning if Winnipeg can even come up with an answer at all for a goalie that is so dominant. He is miles ahead of goalies in all metrics and even the most red hot offenses will question if they have the key to get through him. As for New England, if they can start to pressure Montagne and make her actually have a large workload to deal with, cracks could start to form. (88 words)
Code:
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
- Obviously the finals already happened, but going in you would definitely favor Winnipeg to take it all. New England fought through 21 games to get to those finals, and would undoubtedly be starting to feel the fatigue, whereas Winnipeg had way fewer games to go through on the way there. The main question would be, as stated before, if Winnipeg's firepower could find a way to silence Karsikko's hot form, but evidently that did not happen. (76 words)

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Hopeful Haiku  (5 words min.)
Write a haiku telling me what you hope to accomplish in Season 71! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again. None of your lines may rhyme with each other.

Forge in the finals

Koivu scores overtime goal

We all lift the cup!

Code:
17. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through my most gracious scheduling error, you’ve won a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Who were you hoping would take it - Winnipeg's redemption tour or the fresh-faced Wolfpack? What did you like or not like about this season?

- Personally, I wanted New England to win very badly. I was pretty mad that they eliminated the Forge, but I have several good friends on that team who deserved a cup very much, and had to go through hardships to get to that point. Luke has been on the site very long and never won a cup until now so I am glad for him to win in the end. Simon and Jeffie are people who very much deserve a cup too, I believe this is Simon's first cup in his time on the site as well and after all the time he has spent here I'm very happy for him to have gotten one in the end. Nothing against Winnipeg, but it feels good for me to have seen New England take it. (133 words)

Code:
Milestones (3 TPE)
Link to Milestones

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! How far do you realistically expect to go this year? What nations do you want to match up against, and which do you dread? What are your expectations for your player?

For IIHF in this season, I think we could see a massive resurgence from Canada into the dynasty they once were. They already secured gold for the first time in a while last season, a result which broke a large dry spell where Canada lost their gold winning ways. The roster is largely the same this season, with the two changes being the underperforming Shylo Moxii and backup goalie being replaced with young starlets Axel Kirby and Walter Sobchak. Kirby just played his debut season with the Dragons last season, scoring 44 points, before he was traded in a mega deal to the retooling Los Angeles Panthers. Sobchak is set to be a starting goalie soon for the San Francisco Pride, and is a very promising prospect to have behind another young star in Anthony Dionne. As for the players returning, Max Manning was once again a top scorer in the league, while brothers Paul and Ricky Koivu both had incredible seasons. This Canada team looks set to be a force to be reckoned with again, mainly due to their strong balance of youth and winning experience. (190 words)

TOTAL TPE: 17 (so 16)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2023, 12:54 AM by Symmetrik. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL Affiliate

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

jigsaw

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]