Create Account

S59 PT #5 - An Unexpected Surprise

I think two of the most unexpected trades were in recent seasons. The First was the New England's trade for Finn-Rhys. For some reason a team that was middling at the bottom of the Atlantic decided it was time to upgrade. They went and brought in a player that is really only a move a win now team would do. New England was in the midst of a rebuild as seen by being at the bottom of the division. Instead they tried to win now which backfired as they did not make the playoffs.... again.

The other unexpected trade was when Minnesota went and traded for Badwolf. Although I believe she is a good member and a good person, they gave up a lot of assets on a team that was heading to rebuild. Because of this they stagnated their growth as they had many players in rebuild ad were not going to be able to turn things around quickly. To me on aging teams there comes a part when you start selling off players before the rebuild vs just hanging out mediocrity with no chance of moving forward

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Not on my current player Blanchet, but my last player Jon Toner was traded away from the Los Angeles Panthers late in his career, which was something that really surprised me personally. Toner had been an LA lifer at that time and part of the team leadership group for a long time, so when new GM Mook called Toner into his office and asked if he would be willing to be moved it came as a bit of a shock. Obviously Toner could have refused to move (which I believe would have been honored, despite the fact he did not have a NMC). He ended up being traded along with his teammates Theo Morgan and Hiro Fujikawa to the Edmonton Blizzard for a package including 3 1sts as well as some other pieces. Toner really enjoyed his time in Edmonton, playing a handful of solid seasons of hockey before the Panthers brought him back for his final of year of retirement. Toner still maintains strong connections with both franchises to this day.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

The unicorn invasion of Dundee. Back in one of my many past lives, the evil chaos wizard Zagorthrax raised an army of undead unicorns. They rampaged until they reached the great city of Dundee. Unfortunatly, I was not able to defend it, and they killed all the peasants living there. Fireballs and Lightning was raining from the sky, from the hands of the scary Wizard. This is when I knew I had to put my life on the line to defeat evil, eternally. He was too strong for me at the time, so I went on a quest to collect many artifacts with hope they give me strenght required to defeat him. I found the Glory hammer, the amulet of justice and a magic dragon. That was in the year 992, at this time there was no indication my lineage would end up playing hockey, but in the advent Zagothrax ever reaches the simulation hockey league, I shall be ready to stop him at all cost from winning a cup. Only I can win the cup.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I think me getting dinged for tampering and bringing the new Portland Admirals' rebuild to a screeching halt in Season 27 was one of the least expected things. To that end, though, I suppose no punishment is really "expected" even if it's known by the actor that they're doing something wrong.

Me and JP were on a trajectory to create a really good team, since it didn't take too long to contend in the STHS era given what we knew about the meta at the time (this was before things got slightly more broken). I was coming off a historic season and only in my 3rd year in the league. I accidentally PMed Checkmate basically asking him to come to Portland if he was mulling over sticking around in the SHL. It was really dumb, and I shouldn't have reached out at all. There was really no intention to pursue Reginald Howard apart from just seeing what was up, since we had talked before and yeah, I was told to do it. Either way, the punishment came, I just ended up retiring because I couldn't handle all the flack I was getting from dozens of people, and that started a string of horrible luck for the franchise.

I'm really glad that the Pride are turning things around, and I hope to see them competing pretty much perennially now.

This is definitely something unexpected since Aumy Jr. is a loyal player who would always love to play for Buffalo Stampede. It's S60 Expansion Draft and the fact that he can't be sure that he will be able to be on Stampede's roster after this season.

It's pretty risky, because Stampede has very stacked roster. Aumy Jr. isn't a bad player - he is solid defender with solid amount of TPE. It's just the fact that Buffalo Stampede is so good franchise, that we have only good players and Aumy Jr. is one of the youngest players. Stampede has deep roster and new players. It's based on what will be best for Stampede.

His statline is decent and he plays very big role for his team. He does everything he has to do, but his future in SHL is really unpredictable. He might be protected in S60 Expansion Draft and might be not. It's unexpected. It will be based on what Buffalo Stampede's managment thinks is best for them.

168 words

Stars Stars Stars

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 03:18 PM by mee.)

[Image: cry.png?width=675&height=564]
Johnny Shuffleboard completely surprised at being traded from BUF to MIN, starts crying in his BUF decorated apartment

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

For me, much of my career has gone pretty well as expected. While I was a later pick, I wasn't expected to be contending for one of those top slots. The most surprising thing for me had to have been getting traded during this last season. I had spent my entire career with the San Francisco Pride, going so far as to lead the franchise in point scoring before I was traded. Little did I know, this year I would be getting shipped up north to Calgary to take a run at the division title and hopefully a deep playoff run.

That said, I am not upset. I understand why the Pride dealt me, as it will certainly help their team going forward and was a move they needed to make. I am very excited for the time I have coming with the Dragons, and the challenges of potentially facing free agency for the first time in my career.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

I think the biggest unexpected surprise in my SHL life so far was definitely not a good one. It was Joe K’s final season of his illustrious career. Being from Buffalo, I always wanted to play for the Stampede (I even attempted to consider leaving Calgary to go there many moons ago) just to play for my hometown team. It never happened, considering I ended up getting my own franchise in New Orleans and as a result my player was tethered there as well. Finally, in my retirement year, I was able to play for Buffalo. It was awesome, and there was a part of me that wanted the Buffalo – New Orleans cup finals that season. Fun fact, that happened. Other fun fact, I wasn’t a part of it. I was unceremoniously dumped at the trade deadline completely out of nowhere (on my end) to SFP so Buffalo could acquire Eko van Otter (who was just awarded an expansion team at the time). I get it it from Buffalo’s end. Getting a 1200 TPE upgrade over an old member who was about to retire for a cup run made sense. It just sucked to get dumped on the league’s worst team, along with a 4th rounder, for “future considerations”. That was easily my most unexpected “surprise” ever. (217)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

A surprise that happened for Rikard Hammarberg was his trade from Anaheim to Maine during his final SMJHL season. Hammarberg had expected to play out his final season in Anaheim looking to help the Outlaws reach the Four Stars cup finals once again for the 3rd time in 4 years. Winning it all with Anaheim in his rookie season, being led by the veteran leaders of the team such as Ivan Maximus, Ursin Zimmerman and Strom Chamberlain, Hammarberg wanted to be the veteran presence that brings home the cup one more time. The season had not gone the way that the Outlaws had wanted, and Hammarberg was asked if he would accept a trade to Maine. Not having been traded before, he didn’t know what that would entail. Being thrust into a new environment, Hammarberg didn’t acclimate well. Hammarberg ended up crashing at teammate’s apartment, since he knew that at the end of the SMJHL season, he would be moving to Hamilton. Maine accepted Hammarberg with open arms and together, they were able to reach Hammarberg’s 3rd finals in 4 years. Unfortunately, Newfoundland that year had been a buzzsaw, and Hammarberg’s first trade experience did not produce the desired result, winning the cup. Hammarberg’s play was not particularly stellar, and he knew he wanted to give more. He was unable to translate his play to a new team quickly enough and that fact haunts him to this day. Maine had trusted Hammarberg for this play that they traded assets to get him on the team, but in the end, he was unable to bring them the cup.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

I am not one who really pays attention to the meta here outside of the locker room and my own team's stuff but the biggest surprise I remember was Alistair Cain not being offered a contract. This was a goalie that was the top player in the league for the entire time of my first player. The league was going through a resurgence and an abundance at the Goalie position yes but Cain was great. He should have been MVP for the years he carried New Orleans on his back. He redefined the position in the post STHS to FHM era and he was out looking for a job. I couldn't believe that. Even in writing this PT I still can't believe that. That would be like Elizabeth Doyle, the GOAT goalie in the league having to find a new job after winning the McBride and the League title in the same season.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

The biggest surprise and the one I was most invested in during my time on the site has to be the S54 finals. A high powered Hamilton team, fresh off a S53 cup win, was looking to repeat. New Orleans was no slouch either, and had exercised the demon of game 7s in spectacular fashion thanks to third period heroics by Michael Fox. I think New Orleans had a decent chance to win, maybe in 6 or 7 games, but a SWEEP?! The tiniest miniscule chance of that happening was there, and yet it happened. Hamilton dominated the play and the shots but New Orleans' skaters just knew how to get pucks past Kryyst. It was an incredible show that ended in a 6-5 overtime thriller with the rookie Mitchel van der Heijden scoring the dagger to win New Orleans' first cup. I was riding a high for like three days after that moment, it was incredible.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I guess the most unexpected and surprising event was the drama that happened in San Francisco shortly after I was drafted here. I was very much focused on SMHJL in Maine, when everything in San Fran suddenly just fell apart. It definitely didn't feel good to be drafted to a team and then see the people in management leave - or get driven away, however you view it. At first it felt like the SHL became even more distant to me. With solely focusing on Timber, and not knowing what's the situation of SFP going to be like once I get called up, I didn't really know what to think. But I decided to just focus on finishing the J career strong and to worry about the SHL career later. And now looking back, it was definitely the right call to just give it some time. Things stabilized and turned around quickly, and we're now a relevant team again with a really great player core and some fantastic prospects.

[Image: sulov.gif]

My biggest surprise since I’ve joined the Detroit Flacons came out this year when my family decided they wanted to spend a year living in North America. They wanted to do this, because they wanted to see how people live their lives in the United States and how it is different from how they are used to live in Norway and they also wanted to see how different life who be in a massive city like Detroit compared to Lillehammersson. So, my dad decided to rent a house for six months and he came here with my mother, my sister and my younger brother. I was really supportive of them in this move, because I thought it would be great from them to experience a bit of my new life. Since they were coming over, I ask the team if I could move from my billet family to go live with my real family for the rest of this season and they gave their approval.

165 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

PBE Affiliation: https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry315145

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]