Create Account

S64 PT#0: Read the Room

WSBL PT Affiliation

[Image: blasoon.gif]

I just want to say that the dual prompt system of PTs is absolutely perfect. It is great being able to go from serious league related to goofy creative writing. I do have to say that I do not like when the creative prompts are related or follow a story. It makes it way harder to switch between the two when missing one creative PT makes it harder to jump into the story.
I definitely want to thank slash and anyone that dares hop in that position. It is a ton of work and you have to deal with people’s bullshit. Coming up with new prompts so often and trying to keep them interesting is a very tough tasks and hats off for trying to tackle it. I have no doubt leviadan will do a great job and despite some rocky situation I am super grateful of Slash’s work and I hope to see him around the league as often as before!

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Oh man, where do I begin? I made the colossal mistake first of being on the ice in the dying minutes. I am well past my prime by this point in my career and now am essentially a breathing bench warmer. Not get scored on while the younger guys rest for 20 seconds, so they can hop the boards and go back out to do their thing. So what happened? First I was on the ice. Second I got my ass dangled. Like the whole 10 yards. I looked down, I fell on my knees, the guy skated right around me, and capped it off with a snow shower at the end of it. I embarrassed myself, my team, and most importantly my teammates.
To attempt to pay it back and try to earn favor I took out an add in the front page of the Baltimore Oracle, rented a billboard, and took my teammates to the strippers for an all inclusive night on me. It'll just be us and those crusty politicians from Washington.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Hello and good luck with the position. It is definitely not an enviable position and I felt Slash did a great job. For PTs I enjoy the ones that allow people to be more creative. Having the same old "this happened in the game/locker room/etc." gets old after a lot of them as you have to retread old ground over and over. Sillier ones like the Halloween ones are always a blast. More silly ones will definitely help make it feel like a fun way to interact with the site rather than a chore to stay competitive.
Something I would like to see happen with PTs as well is more consistent claims. Having claims come out on a consistent day (maybe on Mondays when the official week starts) will allow people to be able to see and make their claims for each week on a consistent schedule. It also helps the updaters from being asked to go back and update a completed update because a claim came in on a Saturday but the updater updated the team on Friday night.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

SHL affiliate

[Image: vikian.gif]

PT Pass :widepeepohappy1::widepeepohappy2::widepeepohappy3:

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

ISFL PT

Prompt One:

Honestly I tend to answer the hockey related PT's more than I do the silly ones, mostly just because I find it easier to write about hockey.  I really like that they started to bring two prompts to the PT table instead of just one, it makes it way more fun.  Despite his hate for my teams, I think Slash did a great job in the PT department.  Working for the SMJHL pt team I can say that coming up with prompts is a lot harder than people realize, and Slash was killing it out there.  As far as what I would like to see for future PT's, I don't really have anything specific.  Part of the fun is writing about new prompts that come our way.  They can't all be winners, and some people are going to bitch and moan about how they suck, but thats just the way she goes.  I am excited to see what the new PT director brings to the table this upcoming season!

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

I am not gonna lie, I always kinda liked the boring old pucks in deep hockey prompts because they kinda help with the immersion of it all, talking about the player and the season and goals and stuff like that. So honestly I would like to see those kept around. But I also enjoyed a bit of what slash was doing, coming up with some funner ones that I would choose to do instead every once in a while. I didn't like the ones that were kinda like a story line because then it kinda feels like if you didn't do the first one you couldn't really do any of the following fun ones that came after it, so I preferred when each week was it's own kinda thing and not based off of the previous week. But I definitely liked how slash gave a couple options for prompts so that you are not totally forced to do one you are 0% interested in.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

I really liked what Slash did with the PTs that followed a story/path throughout the course of the season, like the tournament between different player age groups. I think that allows for some sort of continuity and makes it so you always have something to write about and follow up on. It allows for some decent creativity and puts you in the mindset of your player, rather than just trying to quickly write out 150 words.

That being said, I’m not very picky, and will usually end up choosing what I feel is the “easier” prompt to get done. I don’t spend much time on the SHL anymore and therefore try to get my tasks done in as little time as possible. Maybe I’m not the best person to ask for ideas since I don’t even read other people’s PTs, I just submit mine, close the thread and wait until the claim post is up to get my TPE from it.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 06:05 AM by the5urreal.)

To me, PTs aren’t really fun and are more of a chore. That said, it has been nice to have options over the past few seasons that at least tried to make these tasks more fun and engaging. I almost never went with the fun and engaging option though to be honest. I generally choose to write something up about my player or my team or a current events kind of thing about the current point in a season. Those are always the easiest things for me to come up with something to satisfy the PT requirements because there is already some sort of source material to go off of. It becomes more of a hassle for me when I have to sit and think about this for a while or get creative and come up with something off the top of my head (and I know I’m probably in the minority here because I’m no fun). Given all that, I think slash has done a fantastic job over the past few seasons. Coming up with prompts to satisfy people like me as well as those that like to get creative with their PTs has to be a lot of work.

PROMPT 1
201 words

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

for me i really like the pt, usually i don't like to write something, i rather make some graphic, and that's why i love pt, we can write and we can make graphic too. But maybe for graphic kinda hard if the PT is about something i don't really make graphic for, maybe like this PT, the graphic i should make is graphic about me apologizing to teammates because i make mistake in the third. But sometimes there are really fun pt to make graphic for, maybe like making poster or making magazine cover. next is about mPT, really love it here that i onl need to write 25 words for mPT, in PBE i have to make 150 words for 2tpes and 300K money, the tpe is good with the money but for its just like doing 2 PT in the same week, but here 25 words for 1 TPE is more worth it i think

Prompt 1

I like PTs that have to do with my player or team in a somewhat realistic sense. The PTs got pretty out there last season (not saying they were bad, just not for me) with alternate universes and what not. I like PTs that help me and league build up their players’ story. A few from my time on the site that I recall off the top of my head are buying a new home near your home arena, sponsorship deals, and how you get ready for the season. These kinds of PTs get me more invested in my player. What makes them tick? What are their future goals? How are they spending their down time? The role play aspect of the site is what got me to join in the first place. The weird PTs are alright every once in a while, but when everyone is like that it kind of takes the joy out of it for me.
(160)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]